ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Langford 2018 SG offered

This kid looks like an absolute beast. I bet this kid gets recruited by almost everyone. At this point, looks like he would be an amazing get. Come painter and get this kid! [/MEDIA]

There was discussion about him this winter as he was doing well for his HS team while having amazing athleticism and skill for his age group. Glad MP offered as people were encouraging an offer back then.

I saw him play a couple times this season. I had to questing the guide thst he was only a freshman. I thought he was so smooth and poised to only be a freshman. He played like a man among boys and this was early in the year. Would be an absolute huge get I think.

I cover New Albany basketball. Great kid, great player.

From what I understand (though not directly from him), he is a Louisville get unless Pitino is no longer around.

Ohio State and Butler have also been all over him for well over a year.

I heard his high school coach is mad at Painter for not contacting him before offering Romeo. Don't know the whole story there but he is upset.

I heard his high school coach is mad at Painter for not contacting him before offering Romeo. Don't know the whole story there but he is upset.

Haha, what? I guess I don't know the proper etiquettes of recruiting, but is that normal to let the coach know before? I think this coach needs to get over himself if this rumor true. Way to think about yourself instead of the kid who is the reason you "should be contacted." I don't know their coach, but seems like something really stupid/childish to be upset about.

Reactions: IndyRider
Haha, what? I guess I don't know the proper etiquettes of recruiting, but is that normal to let the coach know before? I think this coach needs to get over himself if this rumor true. Way to think about yourself instead of the kid who is the reason you "should be contacted." I don't know their coach, but seems like something really stupid/childish to be upset about.

This is the problem with the system today, this should be the kids decision and the coach can give his opinion but shouldn't be the gatekeeper for gods sake. If anything, the parents should be, not the high school coach.

Reactions: IndyRider

Now wouldn't it be funny if Romeo signed with Purdue before telling the high school coach? Double whammy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT