ADVERTISEMENT

Ricky Tarrant

nagemj02

All-American
Mar 16, 2010
Is he still considering Purdue?

If for whatever reasons, Dylan Ennis goes elsewhere, Tarrant is the player I would like to see playing the 1 next season. He's been a good FT shooter in his three seasons of college ball (78%, 81%, and 80%). He was Tulane's leading scorer and assist man as a frosh, their second leading scorer and top assist man as a sophomore, and Alabama's second leading scorer and assist man this past season.

He needs to shoot his 3PT's at a better percentage (more like he did his first two seasons starting at Tulane and less like he did starting this past season at Alabama). If he can do that and look to make the right plays, he can make an impact just like we believe Ennis will if he comes to Purdue.

Boiler Up

Have not heard if Painter is looking here. He seems to be a guy that has excellent on court production....something we could use @ the 1.

Originally posted by Boiler Buck:

Have not heard if Painter is looking here. He seems to be a guy that has excellent on court production....something we could use @ the 1.
He listed Purdue as one of his possible transfer destinations but I didn't know if that had changed in the past week since the coaching staff seems to have Dylan Ennis as their first priority.

boilerball12, I'm not sure what you meant.

This post was edited on 4/20 5:00 PM by nagemj02

Originally posted by nagemj02:

He listed Purdue as one of his possible transfer destinations but I didn't know if that had changed in the past week since the coaching staff seems to have Dylan Ennis as their first priority.

He chose memphis already

Originally posted by nat100:

He chose memphis already
Yeah, I just saw that and was about to edit my response. I don't know if he realized that I posted that before Tarrant made his decision. It just is an odd coincidence.

Yeah, I just saw that and was about to edit my response. I don't know if he realized that I posted that before Tarrant made his decision. It just is an odd coincidence.
Nice job. You jinxed it.

scared0001.r191677.gif

He looks like he's a pretty good PG prospect.

I think there's a rule that was implemented a few years ago about transfers being immediately eligible if the head coach at their previous school was fired. Does anyone know if that rule also includes immediate player eligibility if their previous head coach had left for another head coaching job?

Does anyone know the answer? Would a transfer player like PG Shannon Evans (Buffalo) be immediately eligible since his head coach (Bobby Hurley) left to take a job at another school?

Wait. A coach leaving let's a player transfer free and clear? When did that start happening?

I don't know that to be certain. I thought I had read that, that's why I'm asking. Also, I'm asking because if Shannon Evans is immediately eligible, it would be worthwhile for the coaching staff to get in touch with him.

I don't know that to be certain. I thought I had read that, that's why I'm asking. Also, I'm asking because if Shannon Evans is immediately eligible, it would be worthwhile for the coaching staff to get in touch with him.
I thought that a kid could only get a release from a coaching change if they had just signed and hadn't gotten to school yet, but I'm not sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT