ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue running back Raheem Mostert, FA to Eagles!

Well I'll be! 3-star track athletes from Florida / Georgia can be coached into football players after all. In hindsight, Danny Hope may have been onto something.

I mean, not that we needed to see them get picked up by NFL teams to know that, but this does sort of drive the point home.

Last edited:
Getting a FA camp deal doesn't mean squat. If he makes the team, that'd sure be something to speak about...but pretty much every starting contributor on a P5 team gets a camp deal...then promptly cut...most before rookie camp even ends.

Maybe Purdue sucks because out fans suck? Well, at least football knowledge wise

Reactions: woggy718
Yeah, last year it was Rob Henry couldn't be that bad a college QB, he got a NFL FA deal. Haz just didn't know how to use him

Yeah, last year it was Rob Henry couldn't be that bad a college QB, he got a NFL FA deal. Haz just didn't know how to use him

If you lack knowledge of NFL contracts and how they work and what they mean, why speak about them?

Back to Raheem Mostert and his FA deal with the Eagles! I think with Chip Kelly, Raheem could latch on as a 3rd string RB with his ability to stretch the field in very specific roles as a screen RB or slot WR/RB to get favorable matchups against LB's and S's. At the very least, he brings a solid option for a KR and a special teams guy who can fly down the field and make plays.

Back to Raheem Mostert and his FA deal with the Eagles! I think with Chip Kelly, Raheem could latch on as a 3rd string RB with his ability to stretch the field in very specific roles as a screen RB or slot WR/RB to get favorable matchups against LB's and S's. At the very least, he brings a solid option for a KR and a special teams guy who can fly down the field and make plays.
Sorry johnnydoeboiler, I truly wasn't trying to hijack your thread. I don't post often cuz of all the experts correcting others, but it's all good. I think if some of these guys just went out and got laid once in awhile, they wouldn't be so snarky.
I'm happy for both Mostert and Hunt and well any PU guy that got a FA or camp tryout. Do you think Hunt would have been a better fit in Philly. I've got a soft spot in my heart for him. I liked him as a player, and he partied with my son at his frat on several occasions. My son says he's a hoot!

Sorry johnnydoeboiler, I truly wasn't trying to hijack your thread. I don't post often cuz of all the experts correcting others, but it's all good. I think if some of these guys just went out and got laid once in awhile, they wouldn't be so snarky.
I'm happy for both Mostert and Hunt and well any PU guy that got a FA or camp tryout. Do you think Hunt would have been a better fit in Philly. I've got a soft spot in my heart for him. I liked him as a player, and he partied with my son at his frat on several occasions. My son says he's a hoot!

Not originally my thread but I just hate seeing almost every thread being hijacked by, what seems, the same posters who have a woe-is-me attitude about everything on here.

I actually agree with you that I think Hunt would have been a better fit with the Eagles because, while at Purdue, he was better at catching the ball out of the backfield and I always thought he would have been a good slot option.

ADVERTISEMENT