ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue/Louisville in Indy to start the 2017 season!

it would be a lot cooler if we could compete with some of these teams. We could easily go 0fer in 2017. Ohio is not going to be a gimme.

it would be a lot cooler if we could compete with some of these teams. We could easily go 0fer in 2017. Ohio is not going to be a gimme.
or maybe Sindelar or Blough could become a Drew Brees like passer and lead us to a national title

Stop being this negative

or maybe Sindelar or Blough could become a Drew Brees like passer and lead us to a national title

Stop being this negative

No kidding! Do these people realize that 2017 is THREE seasons away? A lot can change in three seasons! Hell, the kids that would be freshman in college for that season are currently finishing their sophomore year in high school. Let's see how the chips fall the next two seasons before posters start their usual 'woe-is-me' about the football program. I guess since they have exhausted all the air in their lungs about the upcoming season (which is still 4 1/2 months away), they have to resort to feeling sorry for themselves as Purdue fans 2 and 3 seasons away.

Reactions: JBoiler14
I like these types of games when the neutral site makes sense, my main question is... is this replacing a home game? And can Burke afford to do that. What's the split going to be like.

Well, you would have to think the split for ticket profits along with concessions would be favorable, especially when you could be talking about a potential Sunday game to draw attention on Labor Day Weekend. If the game was a home game with Labor Day Weekend, the potential for a sell out is quite low. However, in a 'destination' game in Indy a lot of people would make a weekend of it. Not a bad idea at all!

I like it! Great matchup and I loved watching the Boilers play in Lucas Oil this year vs. ND. Games like this definitely help the profile of the team, school and are a plus for recruiting!

ADVERTISEMENT