ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue fights but seasons ends (link)

Wasn't Purdue rated in the top 25 earlier in the season? This was a Minnesota team that earlier in the season Purdue fans thought they would be able to consistently beat by double digits. What happened between November and March? How did Versyp completely screw this season up for what may be the best PU WBB player we may witness for several years in Bays. She deserved better. So did Clemons. This may have been a great effort but there is just a lack of talent that no one wants to talk about on this team. There is no outside shooting to speak of and Sharon refused to play her young Centers and give this team a needed legit post presence.

Hopefully lessons were learned. This team will now become a very post oriented team with slashers and still no outside shooting to speak of. Hopefully Sharon figures it out and this season is not repeated. Boiler Up!

Originally posted by Kyle_GoldandBlack.com:
Needed that kind of effort all year …

Loss
Yes I like the fight especially from our two seniors in their last game but thank goodness this season is over.

Originally posted by PurdueTim14:

Wasn't Purdue rated in the top 25 earlier in the season? This was a Minnesota team that earlier in the season Purdue fans thought they would be able to consistently beat by double digits. What happened between November and March? How did Versyp completely screw this season up for what may be the best PU WBB player we may witness for several years in Bays. She deserved better. So did Clemons. This may have been a great effort but there is just a lack of talent that no one wants to talk about on this team. There is no outside shooting to speak of and Sharon refused to play her young Centers and give this team a needed legit post presence.

Hopefully lessons were learned. This team will now become a very post oriented team with slashers and still no outside shooting to speak of. Hopefully Sharon figures it out and this season is not repeated. Boiler Up!
AT the beginning of the year, we were ranked on reputation alone. We did not have the players this year to compete at a top-25 level. Bays was a true star, but we were too thin and inexperienced around her. I don't think Sharon "Screwed this season" through anything she did this year. This season was the result of 2-3 years of poor recruiting.

Oddly, the Bays+weak team was remaniscent of the Hummel+weak team several years back on the men's side. What an odd coincident that both the basketball teams should suffer from poor recruiting at almost exactly the same period of time? Obviously, those with little interest in analytical thinking will want to throw the entire blame on the coach. However, I think the problem goes deeper than just the coach, and deeper than the AD. I don't absolve Sharon from blame, but I don't think she is the sole causeal factor.

cool.r191677.gif

She's the one in charge of the recruiting, so yes she is to blame. And I still think that her reluctance to play her freshmen bigs and other young players more was baffling to me.

Originally posted by PurdueTim14:
She's the one in charge of the recruiting, so yes she is to blame. And I still think that her reluctance to play her freshmen bigs and other young players more was baffling to me.
I didn't say she wasn't to blame. I only said it was nothing she did this year. Can't disagree that this is a recruiting failure.

The freshmen were not ready to play or were injured, or so I am led to believe.

cool.r191677.gif

Originally posted by mathboy:
I didn't say she wasn't to blame. I only said it was nothing she did this year. Can't disagree that this is a recruiting failure.

The freshmen were not ready to play or were injured, or so I am led to believe.

cool.r191677.gif
So just curious since your statement relays some doubt. Do you think that possibly they were not hurt or not ready to play? Guess I don't understand your comment as that is like a push me-pull me from your other statement. If that were not true then the Team Management is not being upfront or eager to make changes this year. Just seems like an odd statement from you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT