ADVERTISEMENT

PURDUE, A VERY EARLY LOOK

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
OFFENSE

QB – make that a three headed monster with todays' news of the DE transferring! Biggest decision on who plays and when by the Head Coach and OC and installing an offense and calling plays to fit one or two of the three QB's!

Line – should be the strength of the team with experience and depth but have to see the results on the field first with their blocking and protecting the QB’s! If this unit doesn’t shine the team is in BIG trouble!

RB – Lots of candidates and two have emerged but not much experience here just numbers!

WR & TE – No experience returns in the TE position and very little production returns with the wide outs! Have to vastly improve both catching the ball and down field blocking along with staying healthy!

Special Teams – Huge holes to fill with the return men but since the kick-off rule change emphasis must be on the Punt Returns now – using a starting DB is not a great idea if he gets hurt!

DEFENSE

Line – Very thin in numbers but enough experience returns! As always, who will step up and shine!

Linebackers – Similar to the line but does have a shining star moving to the middle! Could be a strength

DB’s – Definitely should be the strength especially if Williams stays healthy and make the transition to a new position but if Safety play returns to the end of 2014 play again will become a weakness!

Kickers – As any good teams goes they have to get kickoffs in the end zone, punts that change field position and Field goals that save stalled drives and win games. Some good and some bad here.

RECRUITING – Not many scholarships available so they can’t miss on many here if they are to have any impact on next year’s team!

Coaching – Head Coach will be on the national hot seat despite some saying he needs four years to turn it around! Schedule is neutral but another dismal season and another season ending loss to IU and he will be shown the door! He looks good on paper and does all the right things but the bottom line is the bottom line and while team has shown improvement they still haven’t won much of anything and the empty seats will haunt him!

Last edited:
Williams stareted at corner prior to last year. Im not worried about his transition. The bigger worry is who steps in at safety

Agree but a transition to corner is easier said than done, especially since his missed time in the spring! He also HAS to stay injury free and stay on the field! Don't know his 40 speed and his transition to turning and running with a fast wide-out but his under coverage should be very good to go along with coming up to support the run on wide plays be it either running or passing!

I think Leroy Clark and Austin Logan will be solid safeties. They were both really good recruits and now it is their times to step up.

I think Leroy Clark and Austin Logan will be solid safeties. They were both really good recruits and now it is their times to step up.

Austin Logan is buried on the depth chart. At the moments its Clark and Gregory.

I can buy them as safties physically, but will be very impressed if there isnt a significant learning curve early. Especially since I dont expect the pass rush to be any better than its been. Hopefully Frankie holds up at corner, cause if we lose him we are all of a sudden pretty thin in the back 4.

yeah, thats huge too. I see potential all over the place at qb and wr, but I'll believe it when I see it. Individually, I would rate all their performances C- ish but the sync as a unit has just be terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT