ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason rankings

Wow, thats even lower than where I would have put them, and I think we are in for a likely 2, possibly 3 win season.

purdue 115th by orlando sentinel
good news? weren't they the ones picking purdue #1 in 2004 or 2005? hope they're just as wrong this time

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...otball-countdown-no-115-purdue-2015-post.html

Well its probably like this. If 115 is the team expectation then they probably plan on losing most of the games by significant figures. No fool brings a pony to the Kentucky Derby. It's hard to bet on the Ford in an Italian sports car show. I pray that isn't accurate but when we got balls being thrown to receivers that most kickers could kick to the receivers better than balls are being thrown to them its hard to stomach. If it starts looking like a 115 team we need to switch out the QB. A losing season serves no other purpose than to find the players, especially at QB, that are going to make next year's team win.

I would like to see what other BIG team in the past that had 15 returning starters from a previous year ranked as low as 115. Especially, a team that was competitive in all games that I can remember. I think they're way off on this one and expect atleast a 6-6 record this year.

I would like to see what other BIG team in the past that had 15 returning starters from a previous year ranked as low as 115. Especially, a team that was competitive in all games that I can remember. I think they're way off on this one and expect atleast a 6-6 record this year.
I "EXPECT" them to play 12 games this year. That's as far as my expectations go at this point. Made a two day weekend trip with family to see them last year. Likely won't even turn them on this year unless I see a turnaround in the crap we've experienced in the past 6 years.

I "EXPECT" them to play 12 games this year. That's as far as my expectations go at this point. Made a two day weekend trip with family to see them last year. Likely won't even turn them on this year unless I see a turnaround in the crap we've experienced in the past 6 years.

Sorry but that's just the type of thing Purdue fans are known for, typically. 'Hell, I won't actually support the team until they play up to the expectations that I have for them.' In all honesty, if that is your mindset, then stay off the boards with any negative comments and criticism. Going in to every game, I expect Purdue to win if things go their way. If they don't, I shrug it off because in the end it is just a game and the next week I will tune in and continue to support the team and the program.

My suggestion would be to find a second or third team (probably one that wins to your expectations) and watch them along with Purdue. That might relieve some of your disappointment in the 18-22 year old men, who are representing Purdue University, to the best of their ability.

Reactions: Frankie611
Sorry but that's just the type of thing Purdue fans are known for, typically. 'Hell, I won't actually support the team until they play up to the expectations that I have for them.' In all honesty, if that is your mindset, then stay off the boards with any negative comments and criticism. Going in to every game, I expect Purdue to win if things go their way. If they don't, I shrug it off because in the end it is just a game and the next week I will tune in and continue to support the team and the program.

My suggestion would be to find a second or third team (probably one that wins to your expectations) and watch them along with Purdue. That might relieve some of your disappointment in the 18-22 year old men, who are representing Purdue University, to the best of their ability.

Just because you root for a school doesn't mean you should be forced to endure piss poor results. I don't blame the fans turning it off. Boring and uninspired football is hard to watch

What a crock of inane crap!!!

I may be content to go down with this ship regardless of performance. Most everyone I know has dropped off, and I dont blame them either.

Truth is when we still get together and the topic comes up, I come off like the dumb one for still spending money on it.

As for the idea of telling them we dont need them... thats not so true. I hear they run a deficit these days.

at least 20 years ago, you knew if you hung around you would get better seats.

Now you know when it does pick up, you'll get bounced out of wherever you are by a reseating

Reactions: SIBoiler2
at least 20 years ago, you knew if you hung around you would get better seats.

Now you know when it does pick up, you'll get bounced out of wherever you are by a reseating

Truth. We ditched our tickets because of the increase each year of that they were asking us to give in addition to the ticket prices. Now, if we had a winning product...that's one thing....but when my decent sized donation excludes me from sitting inside the 20s, I'm not going to pay the extra $$$ and drive the 550 miles to come watch us get our asses stomped in. I'd rather pay BTN to get me a comfy seat for the ass kicking....then I can turn it to a different game quite easily if the Purdue game is not to my liking!

Truth. We ditched our tickets because of the increase each year of that they were asking us to give in addition to the ticket prices. Now, if we had a winning product...that's one thing....but when my decent sized donation excludes me from sitting inside the 20s, I'm not going to pay the extra $$$ and drive the 550 miles to come watch us get our asses stomped in. I'd rather pay BTN to get me a comfy seat for the ass kicking....then I can turn it to a different game quite easily if the Purdue game is not to my liking!
Thanks to BTN and DVR I will likely DVR the games, spend time working in my yard or with the wife and grandkids and enjoy my Saturday afternoons this fall. No more hanging around the house just to be disappointed again. If it ever gets turned around then I'll commit more of my time and $$ but not now. I've been hanging around since the mid 60s. Except for a few brief periods of good FB it's been a pretty dismal history.

and this comes from the people interested enough to be on a Purdue Football blog in May hahahaha

and this comes from the people interested enough to be on a Purdue Football blog in May hahahaha

Yup. This started in about 2007 and 2008 for me though. I used to live for fall Saturdays in WL. I used to make the drive AT LEAST 3-4 times a year.

At this point though...its just not worth it. I can watch 10 other games on TV if ours goes bad....or I can sit in a cold, wet and empty Ross-Ade.

Until the team is at least a little more offensively exciting I will be staying home.

I guess I buy tickets to watch my school play, see friends and have a good time, while I sometimes get upset about the team playing bad, I always feel like things will get better, I still feel that Purdue was definitely better than what their record has been the last two years, I will see some of you at the games this year

Reactions: Frankie611

look it is the i am a better fan than you post.

look it is the i am a better fan than you post.
the
That isn't what I said at all, actually. What I said was that if he was so disappointed in the program that all he could continue to muster was a woe-is-me attitude about how terrible the team will be every year and every game, then he would be better served to find another team to root for that won to what he considers an acceptable amount along with Purdue. I also never said to quit being a fan, rather I said stay off the boards because many posters like him literally only post the same 3-4 things (rehashed in different topics) and are only negative.

I guess I buy tickets to watch my school play, see friends and have a good time, while I sometimes get upset about the team playing bad, I always feel like things will get better, I still feel that Purdue was definitely better than what their record has been the last two years, I will see some of you at the games this year

No, you weren't better than your record in either season.

Our family went to every home game since 2007 but had to pull the plug this year. I would still like to go. But the last few years I am the only one that wants to be there. The others don't enjoy it when the team is no good and there are not many other fans there. I could keep dragging them there but I'd rather wait until the team is better and there is some electricity in the stadium. At that point, if I am still alive (I'm 47, so it's an uncertainty) we will start coming again. In the meantime, I will save the money I was spending on tickets and maybe I'll be able to charter a jet to Pasadena when we finally make our triumphant return to the Rose Bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT