ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction contest

MichaelRR

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 17, 2022
I thought it might be fun to have a prediction contest for this next seasons results, just so some of us blowhards can demonstrate our fortune telling abilities. ;)

Some rules first:
1. You must post your own prediction before commenting on someone else's.
2. Its okay to disagree with someone's prediction, but do not attack the poster, just the post. (this should be basic netiquette, but there are several on here that have just been attack trolls)
3. Post your win/loss record total, Big Ten only, conference standings finish, and where you think they will go post season.
4. If we get enough interest I will donate a $100 dollar Visa card as the top prize.
5. Violation of any of the rules ESPECIALLY number 3 will disqualify you for the prize.
6. Deadline is November 5th

My own guess is 18-11 overall, 9-9 in conference for a 7th place tie again and WNIT. We have some hard teams, with 9 games against ranked teams. and away games at UMinn, UWisc, and PSU where we have lost games in the last two years as well as at Nebraska, a team I expect to bounce back from last season. I think we will drop one or two of those as we seem prone to losing a couple games a year to lower tier teams in the KG era. Would love to see that change this year. I expect UILL, UNeb, and MSU to all be significantly better and UMinn could move up several spots with their new coach as well. They went for a proven winner instead of the unskilled alumnus route they tried with Whalen and I think they got a quality coach. I also could see us losing to UGa and UF in preconference, but I am going to bet on the positive side of those matchups. Harper against Kyle though could be a slaughter for us. Overall I think our post play quality and lack of experienced depth keeps us about even to a little behind last year. 16-13 would not be hard to see and if EVERYTNING breaks right 21-8 I think is our high end ceiling.

Last edited:
Crystal Ball:

22-12 (includes 2-1 in BTT and 1-1 NCAA), 10-8, 6th place tie, NCAA 8th seed. Spider Jones on all freshmen team.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelRR
Crystal Ball:

22-11 (includes 2-1 in BTT and 1-1 NCAA), 10-8, 6th place tie, NCAA 8th seed. Spider Jones on all freshmen team.
Minor quibble, there are 29 regular season games including Big Ten plus the 5 you predicted for post season means you are one game short in the W/L section, you need to be at 34 and only have 33 in your prediction.

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
Minor quibble, there are 29 regular season games including Big Ten plus the 5 you predicted for post season means you are one game short in the W/L section, you need to be at 34 and only have 33 in your prediction.
Yep, I changed it in my original post.

The more likely options are already taken, so I will take a more optimistic, bordering on delusional choice: 20/9 regular season, 1/1 BTT, 2/1 NCAA tournament, as we make it to the Sweet 16, for a total of 23/11. Agree that Spider is on the all freshman team. And our loss in the NCAA tourney Sweet 16 is a nail biter, 1 or 2 points.

18-11, 10-8 B10. Regular season.
2-1 B10 conference tournament - that gets us off the bubble.
10 seed NCAA tournament - upsetting the 7 and losing to the 2 seed.

21-13 final record.

I say at least 7 B10 teams will get into the tournament this year as the conference is set to be good once again and our very good SOS lets us slide into that 7/10 matchup which I like much better than the 8/9 matchup as I believe their isn’t much different between 7 seeds and 8 seeds but a ton of difference in the 1 seeds and 2 seeds. I think we will be better than our record but 3 OOC losses to great teams won’t exactly show that.

I will say that will be considered a successful season and we will have taken the next step as a program. If what happens above, I will be content. I believe the biggest jump will be next season as we continue to produce stellar recruiting classes and THANKFULLY these studs from other programs finally start running out of eligibility.

Well, none of us were even remotely close... ROFL not sure next year is much better than this year either at this point. We will be just so very young.

Reactions: tomgloe
Well, none of us were even remotely close... ROFL not sure next year is much better than this year either at this point. We will be just so very young.
If I could use both a Like emoji and an Lol emoji on this post, I would. Spot on sir! Season was hodgepodge, disappointing, and had so many “shaking my head” moments.
But hopefully the glimmers and flashes of promise shown by several of the frosh are the real deal. Hope springs eternal in this Boiler’s heart! 😎

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT