Away: Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Rutgers
Home/Away: Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin

Biased, obviously...

Win, Win, Win, Win
Win, Win, Win, Win,
Win both, Split, Split, Win both, Win both

16-2

Reactions: toddbrewster
20-1. We'll run the conference table with the exception of the Loosiers since SNU has assured me that Bryant will mop the floor with our bigs in A$$hall. Then we run through our 3 games in the BTT for 20-1. Then we'll get a 2 seed in the same region as UK because we're Purdue#@($#&

15-3

We will lose two tough one's and a head scratcher to a team we shouldn't lose too like Northwestern or Nebraska.

I will predict we will not lose by double digits this year at all.......

13-5 would seem like the natural progession to me but the guard and wing play has to improve for that to happen. The improvement has to come in the shooting department (FT% and 3PT%) and for the 1's (Thompson, now Hill, maybe Weatherford if he plays) and 2's (Mathias, Stephens, now Cline) on the defensive end.

I want to be wrong and see Johnny Hill be as valuable at the 1 as was Jon Octeus. It will be quite a challenge for him and Thompson.

Reactions: phillipmsmith
My optimistic view of Purdue says 15-3, losses @ Maryland, MSU, and one other. Realistic says about 13-5, losses to MSU, Marylandx2, and 2 from @Indiana @Iowa @Michigan @Wisconsin with a possibility of losing 7 if the guards don't improve like expected. I keep thinking Wisconsin shouldn't be on there but its Bo at the Kohl center, very tough to win there despite his roster. Our game very well could dictate a finishing position in conference. I see us in the same 14-4/13-5 range, with a very optimistic view of 17-1. Just a much easier schedule for us. Venture over to http://forums.rivals.com/forums/college-basketball-board.28/ , some over there would be interested to learn more about Purdue next year and what to expect.

13-5 sounds about right in a really, really good conference. Guaranteed they drop one of those games you won't expect them to, like Northwestern or at Minnesota. Iowa is one of those teams I wished we only played at home. 8-1 is realistic for the home record- MD is absolutely loaded and had no problems in Mackey last year.

Non-con: 12-1
Con: 14-4
Con Tourney: 2-1
NCAA Tourney: 3-1

Total: 31-7

That's not what I expect, but what I can realistically see happening.

I think we will show great improvement at SG and C. I think our versatility at PF and SF will also be a tremendous asset. We need Hill to get the ball up court and play great D and PJ to show a fast change of pace along with a different look on curtailing their PG's. I think our team will get so much better just by scrimmaging against each other. On another blog, I wrote the minutes how I see each player should get, BUT icing on the cake is when another player not in the top ten merges through hard work. I think 12-1 non-con and 16-2 conf is about right.

Purdue

Home:
Michigan State Win
Northwestern Win
Ohio State Loss
Penn State Win
Away:
Illinois Win
Indiana Win
Minnesota Win
Rutgers Win
Home/Away:
Iowa Win/Win
Maryland Win at Mackey/Loss at Terp City
Michigan Win at Mackey/Loss at Ann Arbor
Nebraska Win/Win
Wisconsin Win at Mackey/Loss in Madison
14 Wins/4 losses Tie with Terps for League

15-3 seems right. Get to the finals of the btt healthy and our seniors will take us to the next level. The difference in PU, MSt, and to a greater extent Wisc last year was senior power

Seconded. The game this year at gloomington will be IU's national championship game and the hall of calls will be alive and well.

It's okay though, this season Purdue has bigger things to accomplish.

GIF-Christian-Bale-confused-dafuq-disturbed-incredulous-perplexed-wait-what-confused-wrong-WTF-GIF.gif

Seconded. The game this year at gloomington will be IU's national championship game and the hall of calls will be alive and well.
That seems like a pretty silly thing to suggest. Both teams are pre-season top 25, and both feel like they will/should be improved over their first round losses in NCAAs last year.

I'll say this, If IU wins at home, I don't expect to see Bryant giving out celebratory piggy-back rides around McCracken Court. :D

Reactions: Hoogolf
That seems like a pretty silly thing to suggest. Both teams are pre-season top 25, and both feel like they will/should be improved over their first round losses in NCAAs last year.

I'll say this, If IU wins at home, I don't expect to see Bryant giving out celebratory piggy-back rides around McCracken Court. :D
I hope JMV has Haas on again so he can tell us that his coaches said this is the only game that matters AGAIN. ;)

Reactions: Upright Hoosier

They will START in the top 25 but by the time we arrive in Gloomington the Crean slide will have commenced. After playing us it will be downhill for the Loosiers the rest of the way.

Except that what I said isn't silly at all. Purdue swept IU last year, will more than likely be ranked ahead of IU by a decent margin and we only play once in the regular season. So when you factor in all of that plus the history of how the crowds have been in the past, it most certainly will be IU's NT game in that regard.

Purdue

Home: Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State
Away: Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Rutgers
Home/Away: Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin
14-4.

Losses @ Wisco, MD, Mich, and one of the following: Iowa or Indiana.

Purdue will curb stomp Illinois @ Assembly.

GS

Except that what I said isn't silly at all. Purdue swept IU last year, will more than likely be ranked ahead of IU by a decent margin and we only play once in the regular season. So when you factor in all of that plus the history of how the crowds have been in the past, it most certainly will be IU's NT game in that regard.
BBG - Seriously? Ok, if you say so. Haha I'm not saying IU will be top 10 or even top 25. I will say this tho, PU & IU strength of schedule in the B10 swapped from last year to this year. IU & PU both have big holes in their program (IU - def (&crean); PU - backcourt ?) and the big10 as a whole got a lot better this year despite WI's losses. So both teams should slow their roll right now.

In regards to NT title game, IU is not coordinating with our former players to make a pregame video for the IU/PU game. IU saves those videos for when we do make final fours. Sorry, but PU trash talking NT games in hoops is like PU FB talking trash to OSU... Really does not hold any value. Your better than that BBG. (Though it is fun to throw our trash at each other.) :)

big10 as a whole got a lot better this year

Strongly disagree. Wisco will be way down. Iowa will be worse. Nebraska will be Gawd awful and Minnesota will be barely competitive. MD, Purdue, IU, Mich, NW are probably better than last year. MSU, OSU, Illinois will probably be similar to last year. PSU and Rutgers- who cares? Crap last year...again this year.

I'd say the power players will be different but the league, as a whole, will not be a lot better.

GS

BBG - Seriously? Ok, if you say so. Haha I'm not saying IU will be top 10 or even top 25. I will say this tho, PU & IU strength of schedule in the B10 swapped from last year to this year. IU & PU both have big holes in their program (IU - def (&crean); PU - backcourt ?) and the big10 as a whole got a lot better this year despite WI's losses. So both teams should slow their roll right now.

In regards to NT title game, IU is not coordinating with our former players to make a pregame video for the IU/PU game. IU saves those videos for when we do make final fours. Sorry, but PU trash talking NT games in hoops is like PU FB talking trash to OSU... Really does not hold any value. Your better than that BBG. (Though it is fun to throw our trash at each other.) :)
No you're missing the point of my comment, the game will be hyped and taken as seriously as a NT game because it has been so long sine IU has beaten us. I have been to too many games @ IU to think differently. But, if things were reversed then you could probably say similar things about Purdue.

No you're missing the point of my comment, the game will be hyped and taken as seriously as a NT game because it has been so long sine IU has beaten us. I have been to too many games @ IU to think differently. But, if things were reversed then you could probably say similar things about Purdue.
By this logic, you're stating that when IU visited Purdue for their only match-up in the 2013/2014 season, this was Purdue's national title game because it had been so long since Purdue had beaten IU? For reference, at that time IU had beaten Purdue 4 straight games. By comparison, Purdue has now beaten IU 3 straight times over the same 2-year time period as IU's streak.

Personally, I don't hold the same opinion as you that 2013/14 was Purdue's "Super Bowl", but you would be better suited to speak for Purdue fans than me. Nor do I as an IU fan view this year's match-up with Purdue as having a national-title-like feel. To each their own though. If I had the choice of losing at home to Purdue this year and still winning the B1G, vs. stomping a mudhole into your team this year while finishing 2nd, I'd taking the former by a country mile.

Fair enough. Honestly, my guess... It will be a blood bath but not sure if either or both teams will be ranked. Do the big heavies win or will the midget speedsters win? That's the million dollar question. Good luck on the season. Both teams have a great opportunity this year.

By this logic, you're stating that when IU visited Purdue for their only match-up in the 2013/2014 season, this was Purdue's national title game because it had been so long since Purdue had beaten IU? For reference, at that time IU had beaten Purdue 4 straight games. By comparison, Purdue has now beaten IU 3 straight times over the same 2-year time period as IU's streak.

Personally, I don't hold the same opinion as you that 2013/14 was Purdue's "Super Bowl", but you would be better suited to speak for Purdue fans than me. Nor do I as an IU fan view this year's match-up with Purdue as having a national-title-like feel. To each their own though. If I had the choice of losing at home to Purdue this year and still winning the B1G, vs. stomping a mudhole into your team this year while finishing 2nd, I'd taking the former by a country mile.
You very well could of said the same thing about Purdue at that time. As much as many on both sides won't admit, the rivalry IS that important to both schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT