ADVERTISEMENT

"PRAY FOR JACK"

Jeepers, did O'Connell actually say this in the post-game? Does that mean the Freedom from Religion League will have to visit campus and re-educate the young man, the team, and campus?

BTW, is Aiden going to join A.J. Hammonds and Carson Edwards as Boiler legends with whom fans have a love-hate relationship?
Just a quick reaction to Plummer's injury and wanting him to be OK. For Crissakes just see it for what it was.

Jeepers, did O'Connell actually say this in the post-game? Does that mean the Freedom from Religion League will have to visit campus and re-educate the young man, the team, and campus?

BTW, is Aiden going to join A.J. Hammonds and Carson Edwards as Boiler legends with whom fans have a love-hate relationship?

I'm a leftist atheist and I'm confused why you think any of us would have any problem with his comments. He isn't coercing anyone into praying or using a position of authority to impose any particular religious view.

It's also clear that this is a sincere reaction to a friend's injury. Some people might find prayer to be ineffective, but generally I'm only bothered when someone compels me to do something like that against my will.

Interesting thought: satan himself is neither atheist or agnostic.

If the young man wants to pray, or ask others to pray, for a teammate then so be it. The world would be better off with more of this tyoe of character in it. God bless him and Jack.

AOC said God has a plan for him and they he feel blessed. and I don't remember,but I think he said to pray for plummer or something.

Reactions: goboilers2
Looks like you're the only one who gets the gist of this, Tommaker.
You're working with a bunch of literal engineers here (which is exactly what you want when they're designing a aircraft and power plants.). I'm from the school of technology. We see the engineers intent, tear it down and put it back together to make it work. :)

I'm a leftist atheist and I'm confused why you think any of us would have any problem with his comments. He isn't coercing anyone into praying or using a position of authority to impose any particular religious view.

It's also clear that this is a sincere reaction to a friend's injury. Some people might find prayer to be ineffective, but generally I'm only bothered when someone compels me to do something like that against my will.
Actually, the majority of leftists would get their panties bunched over what he said. If you don't believe me, you haven't followed much national news. It is a very unfortunate truth.

Wut?

What YOU consider to be truth may or may not be what the other 200,000,000 American adults consider to be.
However, unlike former fatties, former smokers, pottheads, atheists, liberals, and Southern Baptists, I do not attempt to force my values on anyone :)

Nobody should be getting their panties in a bunch over a little cross on public grounds, or a QB saying he will be praying for a teammate.

That is the point here, right?

Actually, the majority of leftists would get their panties bunched over what he said. If you don't believe me, you haven't followed much national news. It is a very unfortunate truth.
Wrong. That’s what you’ve been programmed to believe. Most leftists could care less what or who you believe in, they just don’t want your beliefs forced down their throats.

Actually, it is quite the opposite (and I don't watch Fox News - that is where this would eventually go, right?)
Nope. Just stating facts. I’m not a leftist. I could care less where you get your ideas or information from. I know plenty of “leftists” and they really don’t care what myself or others believe. They just don’t want to be forced to believe in someone’s religion.

However, unlike former fatties, former smokers, pottheads, atheists, liberals, and Southern Baptists, I do not attempt to force my values on anyone :)

Nobody should be getting their panties in a bunch over a little cross on public grounds, or a QB saying he will be praying for a teammate.

That is the point here, right?
Well, now, crosses on public grounds don't necessarily get panties bunched !!
Sometimes they'll result in a federal suit involving the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America........ but I'm sure that this litigation doesn't involve any panties.

Well, now, crosses on public grounds don't necessarily get panties bunched !!
Sometimes they'll result in a federal suit involving the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America........ but I'm sure that this litigation doesn't involve any panties.
I dont know about that. You all pitched little hissy fits over something nearly 100 years old. If that isnt bunched panties, I dont know what is.

Nope. Just stating facts. I’m not a leftist. I could care less where you get your ideas or information from. I know plenty of “leftists” and they really don’t care what myself or others believe. They just don’t want to be forced to believe in someone’s religion.
You're getting a little worked up here. I am thinking you actually should care less. The correct term is "I couldn't care less". Or maybe, based on your response you have it correct? Just an observation on a liberal responding over prayer.

I dont know about that. You all pitched little hissy fits over something nearly 100 years old. If that isnt bunched panties, I dont know what is.
Would it be a problem for you to illuminate just exactly what happened nearly 100 years ago that produced
" pitch(ing) little hissy fits " ?? And "bunched panties " ??

This is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But there is nothing factual about it.

Reactions: doubleyous
The fact is that Christianity developed when slavery was abundant in all countries throughout the world and women were treated as less than cattle.

The tenets of Christianity is not to judge. To Love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, Mind, Soul, Spirit and strength and Love thy neighbor as thyself.
The crux of Christianity is that if you accept Jesus Christ into your heart that you will have everlasting Life. This is the Good News and Christians want to share the message with everybody.

The problem is that Christians are humans and they make mistakes. Many Christians have bastardized the meaning. Preachers too IMO have tried to build a better world by wrongly telling people they are going to Hell is they get out of line in order to try and keep people in line.. As far as Christians being hypocrites that is very true. Any person who has high ideals that they aspire too will fail. I spread the Good News, but I make mistakes like everyone else.

However, the bottom line is that it was the Christians who elevated women to higher status and greatly curtailed slavery in Europe and North America. If you don't believe me, I have talked to legal immigrants from Africa and Asia about how women have little rights and slavery is still big business.

Well said Mediaexpert. I too am a Christ-Saved individual, who is not perfect but strive to live my life bettering those around me.

Only Christianity has the God of the Universe extending a hand down to ALL peoples of the world through Jesus. No works, special tasks, or riches is required, just a basic Belief in Jesus. This is how you know it is the real deal as man would devise a system based on the elites, riches, and works.

As I said above, satan is neither atheist or agnostic as even he believes in God and is aware of Christ's future return.

People are free to believe what they want but understand the consequences of your belief system. My bet is on the Guy who came from Heaven, died, and rose from the dead. Let that sink in for second. God bless!! Boiler Up!

The fact is that Christianity developed when slavery was abundant in all countries throughout the world and women were treated as less than cattle.

The tenets of Christianity is not to judge. To Love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, Mind, Soul, Spirit and strength and Love thy neighbor as thyself.
The crux of Christianity is that if you accept Jesus Christ into your heart that you will have everlasting Life. This is the Good News and Christians want to share the message with everybody.

The problem is that Christians are humans and they make mistakes. Many Christians have bastardized the meaning. Preachers too IMO have tried to build a better world by wrongly telling people they are going to Hell is they get out of line in order to try and keep people in line.. As far as Christians being hypocrites that is very true. Any person who has high ideals that they aspire too will fail. I spread the Good News, but I make mistakes like everyone else.

However, the bottom line is that it was the Christians who elevated women to higher status and greatly curtailed slavery in Europe and North America. If you don't believe me, I have talked to legal immigrants from Africa and Asia about how women have little rights and slavery is still big business.

Well said! When I was growing up, we all stood up for our religion, our Country and Our President. Sure we would grumble and complain, but we hated it when aliens called us Ugly Americans and would stand up for our country. When I was growing up kids wanted to be a ball player, but more importantly a fireman, soldier or a policeman; but most importantly being President of the US.

Today, I am put down if I talk about my religion. I am put down if I say anything nice about OUR country. I can't imagine any kid wanting to be President of the US. Hey look at all the good I have done! It doesn't matter, before you were President you drank too many beers and this woman said you molested her. We are not sure when and where and it happened over 30 years ago, but you have to prove you are innocent.

We ALL have to change our disposition. We all should be more grateful to our God and our country. Not to mention our football team and the fact that we are still hanging in there despite losing arguably our two best defensive and two best offensive players for most if not all of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT