ADVERTISEMENT

Post 1,000

Jack_Ripper

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 10, 2011
Northeast Indiana
Boiler Up !

I don't bring a lot to the board. I hope some levity, because so many take it so seriously. I'm not that serious. My two favorite threads that I started were the, "Where did you unexpectedly meet a celebrity", and, oddly, a thread if Burt Lancaster could actually hip fire a sub machine gun like he did in From Here to Eternity (IU and Purdue fans responded in harmony, lots of good stuff in that thread)...
from-here-to-eternity-e1353169091437.jpg

Anyway...Thanks for having me....

Boiler Up !

I don't bring a lot to the board. I hope some levity, because so many take it so seriously. I'm not that serious. My two favorite threads that I started were the, "Where did you unexpectedly meet a celebrity", and, oddly, a thread if Burt Lancaster could actually hip fire a sub machine gun like he did in From Here to Eternity (IU and Purdue fans responded in harmony, lots of good stuff in that thread)...

john basilone would say you cannot hold that gun that way without burning your hands in the heat of the battle

Reactions: Jack_Ripper
Boiler Up !

Rookie!

BTW, he'd have 3rd degree burns on his hand from holding the barrel like that for long.

Boiler Up !

You are right of course but that is still a great movie.And Burt told the cook to make a barrel of coffee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT