ADVERTISEMENT

Pettiway leaving Nebraska for ...

They are losing quite a few players now. C Walter Pitchford decided to leave the program, backup PG Tarin Smith decided to transfer (probably because of Glynn Watson), and David Rivers, Leslee Smith, and Moses Ayergba were all seniors.

What's the over/under on Shavon Shields being the leading scorer in the Big Ten next season? They'll have him and the duel PG attack of Watson and fellow waterbug Benny Parker. Some of their other guys will have to step up if they want to hang with the conference contenders.

Yeah, I'm not surprised at the turnover.

I'm not sure he'll get drafted, but he can make money in Europe. Maybe that draw is more enticing than, at times, not having access to the locker room. They seemed like a dysfunctional team last year (which was a surprise based on returning almost everyone from the previous year that finished 3rd or 4th in B1G and made NCAA).

I don't follow Nebraska very closely, but sounds like Purdue 2013-14 to the extreme. They definitely had some inter-squad issues. Not sure where Pettiway falls into this (obviously a good player, but perhaps not a good teammate?).

I remember when Pettaway was featured on the Journey last season and Miles raved about his work ethic. I expected far more from him this season.

A year ago, Miles was one of the hottest up and coming coaches in the conference, if not the country. (We saw Glynn Watson slip away in the process.) Now, Miles has returned to Earth and the program appears to be struggling.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT