ADVERTISEMENT

OT: walk ons who made it big in the Big Time

Tommaker

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
Article from last February. Knew that about Watt, not some of the others. Two Boilermakers mentioned (Hardwick and Sumlin).

I'd love to see the list of "one offers" (Only had a single scholarship offer) who made it..

Come on, Feichter!

Reactions: Grover
I believe you are correct. The main list was "current" (is Dallas still playing?) but you would have thought he'd get a mention in the last paragraph, he was a huge part of the Colt's O for a lotta years.

Originally posted by Tommaker:
I believe you are correct. The main list was "current" (is Dallas still playing?) but you would have thought he'd get a mention in the last paragraph, he was a huge part of the Colt's O for a lotta years.
Looked it up...he was a walk on linebacker, but then moved in 2002 and given a scholarship, maybe that's how he was missed. I think he retired as a Colt this or last year. He was with the Bucs for a bit after the Colts, but think he got injured early on.

Ever hear the story of Bill Polian becoming verbally aggressive with his staff because they didn't prepare scouting reports on Dallas Clark while he was at Iowa. He wanted to know why and threatened them until someone told him he wasn't even a draft eligible prospect.

You mention Watt and whenever they show the 2007 Motor City Bowl he actually had a TD against us.

This post was edited on 12/5 10:52 AM by Bullwhip Griffith

Originally posted by Bullwhip Griffith:
Originally posted by Tommaker:
Looked it up...he was a walk on linebacker, but then moved in 2002 and given a scholarship, maybe that's how he was missed. I think he retired as a Colt this or last year. He was with the Bucs for a bit after the Colts, but think he got injured early on.

Ever hear the story of Bill Polian becoming verbally aggressive with his staff because they didn't prepare scouting reports on Dallas Clark while he was at Iowa. He wanted to know why and threatened them until someone told him he wasn't even a draft eligible prospect.

You mention Watt and whenever they show the 2007 Motor City Bowl he actually had a TD against us.

This post was edited on 12/5 10:52 AM by Bullwhip Griffith

Lots of players missing from that list Jim Leonhard was a good pro player when he was younger.

Logan Mankins
Santana Moss

Originally posted by IndySouthsider:
I remember that game, are you sure Watt scored. I know Antonio Brown did
Watt did not. 1 catch, 5 yards, lots of steroids.

Originally posted by nat100:

Originally posted by IndySouthsider:
I remember that game, are you sure Watt scored. I know Antonio Brown did
Watt did not. 1 catch, 5 yards, lots of steroids.
Well dammit, I thought he had a TD.

Speaking of walk ons and lots of steriods; Clay Matthews was on the list ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT