ADVERTISEMENT

Open Coke Can Rage

Allah is finding peace for this woman after an act of horrific discrimination. The stewardess got canned (no pun intended) and now the Islamic so-called "chaplin" is suing the airline.

This reminds me of the Korean princess who went into a "nut rage" when she was offered macadamia nuts in a bag instead of a bowl.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...hmad_n_7504908.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Charlie? Yeah, who knows what one of those "Islamists" can do with a coke can on a plane, amirite?

Charlie? Yeah, who knows what one of those "Islamists" can do with a coke can on a plane, amirite?

Isn't it policy that no one gets the whole can?

Why is that policy in place?

I smell poutrage.

Isn't it policy that no one gets the whole can?

Why is that policy in place?

I smell poutrage.

Except for the fact that the guy next to her asked for and was given an unopened can of beer, and she was told she wasn't given a can because she might use it as a weapon...I'm sure you are totally right though.

Except for the fact that the guy next to her asked for and was given an unopened can of beer, and she was told she wasn't given a can because she might use it as a weapon...I'm sure you are totally right though.
The difference, though, is that you get the whole can of beer because you paid for the whole can of beer. It's typically the case that you don't get a full can of soda, but you get the full can of beer.

As for opened v. unopened, maybe it works the same way--you can have a deadly projectile but only if you pay for it. :p

No one else has corroborated her story.

The difference, though, is that you get the whole can of beer because you paid for the whole can of beer. It's typically the case that you don't get a full can of soda, but you get the full can of beer.

As for opened v. unopened, maybe it works the same way--you can have a deadly projectile but only if you pay for it. :p

But she wasn't told that. She was told she wasn't given a can because she might use it as a weapon.
Now if she's lying about that, then yes, I suppose it's certainly possible that there is an innocent excuse here.
If she's not lying, then hard-pressed to find one, and I'd submit if this were a Christian complaining folks wouldn't be questioning her as closely. We'd have Fox News alerts on it.

I'd submit if this were a Christian complaining folks wouldn't be questioning her as closely.

If she were a Christian, this would not be a story because I doubt she would've brought it up. The obvious inference here is that the flight attendant was racially/religiously profiling her because she's a Muslim, thus the offense. So it should be obvious that this would not be a story if she was not Muslim.

If she were a Christian, this would not be a story because I doubt she would've brought it up. The obvious inference here is that the flight attendant was racially/religiously profiling her because she's a Muslim, thus the offense. So it should be obvious that this would not be a story if she was not Muslim.

Not true...there are plenty of "I've been discriminated against because I'm a Christian" stories and folks out there.
And if someone made that claim, it would absolutely be a story.

Not true...there are plenty of "I've been discriminated against because I'm a Christian" stories and folks out there.
And if someone made that claim, it would absolutely be a story.

No one in their right mind would look at a white Catholic guy and say, "Yes, you were wrongfully persecuted here because of your race/religion." That element only exists in this case because she's Muslim. If this were a black man, it'd be a race issue, not a religion issue.

No one in their right mind would look at a white Catholic guy and say, "Yes, you were wrongfully persecuted here because of your race/religion." That element only exists in this case because she's Muslim. If this were a black man, it'd be a race issue, not a religion issue.

You clearly haven't been keeping up with the Christian victimization movement. Plenty of folks incessantly whine about how Christians are persecuted and discriminated against in this 80% Christian dominated country.

Reactions: TheCainer
But she wasn't told that. She was told she wasn't given a can because she might use it as a weapon.
Now if she's lying about that, then yes, I suppose it's certainly possible that there is an innocent excuse here.
If she's not lying, then hard-pressed to find one, and I'd submit if this were a Christian complaining folks wouldn't be questioning her as closely. We'd have Fox News alerts on it.
Um, no. She was given a can of Coke. But she wanted an unopenned can. Besides, my post was not trying to question anything she said. I was simply pointing out why someone gets a full can of beer, but someone elsend only gets part of a can of soda. But the whole story and thread is stupid, as evidenced by the person who started it.

You clearly haven't been keeping up with the Christian victimization movement. Plenty of folks incessantly whine about how Christians are persecuted and discriminated against in this 80% Christian dominated country.
Dude. THIS ISSUE. This one. Not any others. THIS ONE. There is no way you honestly believe a Christian would be offended by not getting an unopened can of Coke because they are Christian. What a stupid assertion! Just blows my mind some of the stuff you think. Dumb thread.

Um, no. She was given a can of Coke. But she wanted an unopenned can. Besides, my post was not trying to question anything she said. I was simply pointing out why someone gets a full can of beer, but someone elsend only gets part of a can of soda. But the whole story and thread is stupid, as evidenced by the person who started it.

Ummm yes. Unless you think she's straight up lying? She's been interviewed on this. She gave a pretty detailed interview. I watched it. She explained what happened to her as I said it. So either it happened the way she said, or she's a serious liar. Certainly the latter is possible, but so's the former.

Dude. THIS ISSUE. This one. Not any others. THIS ONE. There is no way you honestly believe a Christian would be offended by not getting an unopened can of Coke because they are Christian. What a stupid assertion! Just blows my mind some of the stuff you think. Dumb thread.

Are you kidding me? Talk about stupid assertions. Individual Christians get offended by just an exceedingly wide range of things, it's not funny.
Furthermore, she DID NOT SAY she was offended merely because she wasn't given an unopened can of coke...she SAID she was offended because she was told she couldn't have an unopened can of coke because she could use it as a weapon, then watched as the person next to her was given an unopened can of beer.

So when you can't even get what "THIS ISSUE" is, then yeah my mind is equally blown by how little attention you pay to things sometimes.

Ummm yes. Unless you think she's straight up lying? She's been interviewed on this. She gave a pretty detailed interview. I watched it. She explained what happened to her as I said it. So either it happened the way she said, or she's a serious liar. Certainly the latter is possible, but so's the former.
what exactly did I get wrong? She wanted a Coke and was given an opened can. She then asked for an unopened can (for hygienic reasons) but was told she could not have an unopened can because she might use it as a weapon. (She may have had the opened can taken away at that point, I can't recall). Then the guy next to her got an unopened can of beer, and she asked how come he gets one but I don't. Then some other passengers apparently got nasty with her. Isn't that about it? Where have I said anything different, other than my humorous (or so I thought), and clearly satirical, suggestion that maybe you only get a projectile if you pay for a projectile?

Now, what I disputed was your statement that she was not given a can of Coke because she might use it as a weapon. That's not quite accurate because she was given a can of Coke--but it was opened and she wanted an unopened can.

Maybe I missed some detail in the story, and you can correct me on my understanding of what happened. But, as I said before, this whole story and thread is just silly and pointless.

what exactly did I get wrong? She wanted a Coke and was given an opened can. She then asked for an unopened can (for hygienic reasons) but was told she could not have an unopened can because she might use it as a weapon. (She may have had the opened can taken away at that point, I can't recall). Then the guy next to her got an unopened can of beer, and she asked how come he gets one but I don't. Then some other passengers apparently got nasty with her. Isn't that about it? Where have I said anything different, other than my humorous (or so I thought), and clearly satirical, suggestion that maybe you only get a projectile if you pay for a projectile?

Now, what I disputed was your statement that she was not given a can of Coke because she might use it as a weapon. That's not quite accurate because she was given a can of Coke--but it was opened and she wanted an unopened can.

Maybe I missed some detail in the story, and you can correct me on my understanding of what happened. But, as I said before, this whole story and thread is just silly and pointless.

No that's not it. In the very linked article she details exactly what happened. Go back and read it. The stewardess interjected twice that she could use it as a weapon. The absurdity of the opened v. unopened part is not mine, it's the Stewardess'

No that's not it. In the very linked article she details exactly what happened. Go back and read it. The stewardess interjected twice that she could use it as a weapon. The absurdity of the opened v. unopened part is not mine, it's the Stewardess'
Half of the replies in this unopened can of coke thread belong to you on this beautiful weekend. You need to either
A. Get a girlfriend/wife
B. Upon getting married, have sex and have some kids to give your life some meaning
C. Buy a house and grow a garden or do some lawn work
D. Contact GMM and beg him to come back as you clearly miss him
E. All of the above

It is amazing how much time you spend on this board arguing just for the sake of arguing with people you don't know. Does your life have so little meaning that you must come here every hour? Life is passing you by as you spend it on an obscure message board discussing unopened cans of coke with a couple of complete strangers.

Reactions: Noodle
Half of the replies in this unopened can of coke thread belong to you on this beautiful weekend. You need to either
A. Get a girlfriend/wife
B. Upon getting married, have sex and have some kids to give your life some meaning
C. Buy a house and grow a garden or do some lawn work
D. Contact GMM and beg him to come back as you clearly miss him
E. All of the above

It is amazing how much time you spend on this board arguing just for the sake of arguing with people you don't know. Does your life have so little meaning that you must come here every hour? Life is passing you by as you spend it on an obscure message board discussing unopened cans of coke with a couple of complete strangers.

LOL Yes, the ten minutes I've spent in this thread between Thursday and today have totally ruined my weekend. You spent as long as I have typing posts, reading them, counting them up, and making a lame personal attack at 330am on a weekend, but hey Noodle's apparently a fan of that so it's not a total waste. But please trust that I will give both of you the due consideration I think you deserve.

Reactions: Noodle

I was. Shaping up to be poutrage.

No one gets a full can of Coke Zero. Only 4 per flight. She was given a full can of Diet Coke but refused it. Other passengers state she brought the word weapon into the discussion. Flight attendant still has a job.

http://savvystews.com/2015/06/what-really-happened-on-that-united-flight-with-the-muslim-passenger/

Last edited:
If someone tried to hand me a diet Coke when I asked for a Coke Zero, I'd flip shit too.

Like I said, no one's corroborated her side of the story, but that doesn't stop the media (nor qaz, again) from jumping all over it.

She posts X and it's questionably believable... wait and see.

Someone else posts Y, it's corroborated by someone else who posts Z which is just a variation of Y, and yeah...

You seem to like jumping on X rather than waiting for Y or Z. Mike Brown.

So she posts X, can't believe. Someone else posts Y, anonymously by the way, totally believable. Got it.

Is this your first run-in with the tumblrina, SJW, professional victim crowd? Because, you are white knighting hard right now.

Why did she delete her second post where she claims the pilot stopped her and apologized for his white privilege?

Doesn't the official statement United stating a disagreement over diet sodas corroborate the other post?

No one knows one way or the other. What is known points pretty strongly to a SJW being offended...which ranks right up there with water being wet.

Last edited:
Is this your first run-in with the tumblrina, SJW, professional victim crowd? Because, you are white knighting hard right now.

Why did she delete her second post where she claims the pilot stopped her and apologized for his white privilege?

Doesn't the official statement United stating a disagreement over diet sodas corroborate the other post?

No one knows one way or the other. What is known points pretty strongly to a SJW being offended...which ranks right up there with water being wet.

There's a whole timeline here. You and others are citing disparate things that happened over different times and in reaction to different things as if they are all related in a linear manner.

The original statement by United was very early in the process. you and I don't know what info they had at that point. The "firing" came later, ostensibly after more info was received. The fact that they no longer want this woman to serve on their flights corroborates the alleged victim's story. It does not confirm it, but it corroborates it. I don't know why whatever third party who hired her still retains her at this point. It could be because they believe her version. It could be because they believed a hybrid version which is still not bad enough to fire her in their minds. It could be because they leave it up to the various airlines to decide whether to use her or not.

What we have for the other story are quasi-anonymous posts. One of them on, apparently, a Pakistani website. The other on the what appears to be a blog/trip advior-esque site. We have this allusion to the "no one ever gets a whole can of coke" which in my experience, and given I've probably flown in two separate military assignments as a defense attorney and a trainer probably 50-60 times in the last ten years, is categorically not a policy, or certainly not one that is perfectly followed, because I know for a fact I've been given a whole can before...I've also been given just the plastic cup. More the latter than the former, but it's happened (and no, I wasn't in uniform).

There is nothing White Knight about disagreeing with jumping to conclusions, which is what you and others are doing, and what I've said which even makes allowances for the possibility that she is lying.

Bunch of words. No answers.

Extraordinary claims require evidence.

Here is what you are asking us to believe.

Everything is going fine, normal flight.

I want an unopened Coke.

You can't have one because you might use it as a weapon.

Argument with staff. White male says something about Muslims.

Social media alerted from 30,000 feet.

Plane lands.

White male pilot apologizes for being a white man.

Stacked up against everything else we know about the person lodging the complaint, this is classic tumblrina. I am being tasked with believing that a flight attendant said weapon and that the pilot apologized for being white.

Have you read anything about the lady complaining? There seems to be a pattern.

Why did she delete her white privilege post?

There's a whole timeline here. You and others are citing disparate things that happened over different times and in reaction to different things as if they are all related in a linear manner.

The original statement by United was very early in the process. you and I don't know what info they had at that point. The "firing" came later, ostensibly after more info was received. The fact that they no longer want this woman to serve on their flights corroborates the alleged victim's story. It does not confirm it, but it corroborates it. I don't know why whatever third party who hired her still retains her at this point. It could be because they believe her version. It could be because they believed a hybrid version which is still not bad enough to fire her in their minds. It could be because they leave it up to the various airlines to decide whether to use her or not.

What we have for the other story are quasi-anonymous posts. One of them on, apparently, a Pakistani website. The other on the what appears to be a blog/trip advior-esque site. We have this allusion to the "no one ever gets a whole can of coke" which in my experience, and given I've probably flown in two separate military assignments as a defense attorney and a trainer probably 50-60 times in the last ten years, is categorically not a policy, or certainly not one that is perfectly followed, because I know for a fact I've been given a whole can before...I've also been given just the plastic cup. More the latter than the former, but it's happened (and no, I wasn't in uniform).

There is nothing White Knight about disagreeing with jumping to conclusions, which is what you and others are doing, and what I've said which even makes allowances for the possibility that she is lying.
Wait, you AREN'T jumping to conclusions? Dude, you're the master of taking the first story and sticking to it until it is beaten into the ground by literally everyone, and even then you'll never admit when you're wrong. Ever. Mike Brown.

Wait, you AREN'T jumping to conclusions? Dude, you're the master of taking the first story and sticking to it until it is beaten into the ground by literally everyone, and even then you'll never admit when you're wrong. Ever. Mike Brown.

Right so when I typed: "Now if she's lying about that, then yes, I suppose it's certainly possible that there is an innocent excuse here."

Or when I typed: "So either it happened the way she said, or she's a serious liar. Certainly the latter is possible, but so's the former."

Ah what's the point, you never read half of what I type and just make it up anyways.

Right so when I typed: "Now if she's lying about that, then yes, I suppose it's certainly possible that there is an innocent excuse here."

Or when I typed: "So either it happened the way she said, or she's a serious liar. Certainly the latter is possible, but so's the former."

Ah what's the point, you never read half of what I type and just make it up anyways.
Nah, you stated as a fact what she was told based on her story before you ever acknowledged any other possibility, and you e done nothing but defend her position in this thread. You're truly the champion of the people... Who are full of sh...

Nah, you stated as a fact what she was told based on her story before you ever acknowledged any other possibility, and you e done nothing but defend her position in this thread. You're truly the champion of the people... Who are full of sh...

I stated and repeatedly clarified what she said happened to her. On the third substantive post, I stated lying is a possibility. I restated that in a subsequent post.

Clearly the only proper response in your mind is...she's a liar, because you don't seem too concerned about folks who've made that conclusion and not "acknowledged any other possibility."

You pretty decisively throw your hat in the ring with the accusers in just about every one of these situations, only acknowledging that it might be total bullshit when pressed. So, whatever you want to say. I'd reserve judgement in this age of social media and 24-hr news.

You pretty decisively throw your hat in the ring with the accusers in just about every one of these situations, only acknowledging that it might be total bullshit when pressed. So, whatever you want to say. I'd reserve judgement in this age of social media and 24-hr news.

ah so this is back to the police brutality stuff then, since that's pretty much all I've "thrown my hat in with the accusers" on. Yeah, I'm quite fine with how that's turned out since the vast majority of the time, my hat has sat just fine, and we've already established that you've pick and choose what you wanted to read about the one that started off the recent string of police shootings in the news.

This is the big one. Qaz doesn't understand how SJW use social media. This scenario is the classic example of tumblr poutrage.

This also points to the dangers of SJW and their lapdogs and white knights. You can get someone demoted/fired just by tweeting. Duke, UVA, mattress girl...the precedent has been set.

This is the big one. Qaz doesn't understand how SJW use social media. This scenario is the classic example of tumblr poutrage.

This also points to the dangers of SJW and their lapdogs and white knights. You can get someone demoted/fired just by tweeting. Duke, UVA, mattress girl...the precedent has been set.

You like to use real broad strokes to describe groups whether it's religion or "SJWs."

lol yeah ok I never address "hard questions" on here. lmao

In your opinion, why did she withdraw her testimony that the white male pilot (her account) apologized for white privilege? For being white?

What is going on here?

We are both liberal. You have to learn where to hitch your wagon.

If someone tried to hand me a diet Coke when I asked for a Coke Zero, I'd flip shit too.

Like I said, no one's corroborated her side of the story, but that doesn't stop the media (nor qaz, again) from jumping all over it.

This is the point to take away from this scenario.

There is a market, the qaz market, that will lap up anything they are fed.

It isn't all their fault. The media has a level of responsability.

Reactions: gr8indoorsman
In your opinion, why did she withdraw her testimony that the white male pilot (her account) apologized for white privilege? For being white?

What is going on here?

We are both liberal. You have to learn where to hitch your wagon.

What "testimony??" It's all blog posts and media reports. You've picked and chosen what you want to believe just like you accuse me of doing.
I don't care if you are "liberal" and have no idea the relevance of that to whatever this discussion is other than another opportunity to show that you are "above" being influenced by the media or religion yadda yadda unlike the rest of us folk.

ADVERTISEMENT