ADVERTISEMENT

NW

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
Having a hard time with 3-9 Chicago State. Can't bother to defend some possessions and keep them out of the lane or off the board. Clanking shots. Have gotten double digits steals on plus side. Even though down 7 in H2....Be surprised if NW doesn't eventually win since it's @ NW, but playing a SD on the wrong side of their bell curve. Sure shows the Purdue effect of coming in & how up they got.....as tonight NW is sleep walking. Arena closer to empty...... terrible crowd.

Edit.....NW goes down to woeful Chicago State.

Last edited:
Not the greatest look for losing to them…hopefully they do better in conf
I realize that NW winning helps Purdue in terms of metrics, but I’m beyond sick of lame- ass programs playing totally out of their collective a$$es against Purdue— only to demonstrate later how improbable that win was…

We need to stop being the “Memorymakers” and become the BOILERMAKERS

I realize that NW winning helps Purdue in terms of metrics, but I’m beyond sick of lame- ass programs playing totally out of their collective a$$es against Purdue— only to demonstrate later how improbable that win was…

We need to stop being the “Memorymakers” and become the BOILERMAKERS
Haha for sure. They played their best game vs us and won’t be able to replicate it the rest of the year. We played our worst game all year and still almost won in OT.

These lame programs always are going to try and always bring it when you’re top 5 all the time 🤷‍♂️ …Purdue will always have a target on their back and will need to learn how to deal with it going forward…especially if they keep staying in the top 5!

Reactions: Schnelk
….These lame programs always are going to try and always bring it when you’re top 5 all the time 🤷‍♂️ …Purdue will always have a target on their back and will need to learn how to deal with it going forward…
This- beyond every other challenge Matt Painter has to deal with - is, IMO, the single most important obstacle he MUST overcome.

Painter has worked amazingly to build a program that now dominates the state, and arguably dominates the entire B1G … Purdue MUST now shed the notion of “spunky spoilermaker underdog” and embrace the fact that it is now the bully who - as you aptly put it - will ALWAYS have a target on its back!

We are now the hunted! We have to understand it and change our approach accordingly.

This- beyond every other challenge Matt Painter has to deal with - is, IMO, the single most important obstacle he MUST overcome.

Painter has worked amazingly to build a program that now dominates the state, and arguably dominates the entire B1G … Purdue MUST now shed the notion of “spunky spoilermaker underdog” and embrace the fact that it is now the bully who - as you aptly put it - will ALWAYS have a target on its back!

We are now the hunted! We have to understand it and change our approach accordingly.
No doubt…got to bring it every night because everyone else is bringing their A game and trying to knock you off. We are almost the villains now and it helps we got with the big maple! I loved seeing some of his emotion on come out vs bama when they tried to challenge him. I still wish/hope he could have a hard (not flagrant) foul every now and then when someone comes through the lane to show he’s an enforcer 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Boiler Buck
Now the cats understand how it feels to lose to a totally inferior team….

At home, no less.😎

Yea they also know how it feels when a guy has a career game against them, Cardet 30 pts.....and they just couldn't stop him. Similar to Buie who nearly doubled his scoring ave against us.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
We played our worst game all year and still almost won in OT.

NW just had a great game against us. I actually think the TN game was our worst game of the year?

For comparison....
@ NW. & TN
FG% 43.3. Vs 35.2
3% basically the same - poor 26%
FT. 75%. Vs. 60.4%
TOs basically the same....17/16
A season low 71 pts vs. TN.

Certainly a loss one would say that had to be our worst game. Lol

But, there are a few stats to say it wasn't. Sure TNs D had alot to do with that. So I don't know, just thought the comparison was interesting.

One thing for sure, don't want to play TN again. NW ...any day.

Yea they also know how it feels when a guy has a career game against them, Cardet 30 pts.....and they just couldn't stop him. Similar to Buie who nearly doubled his scoring ave against us.
Did you see how Buie did the same thing late in the game like he did with Lance Jones to get a foul? With 9 seconds left he totally ran into a Chicago State player, it’s a smart move but in reality it should be a foul on him or a no call.

NW just had a great game against us. I actually think the TN game was our worst game of the year?

For comparison....
@ NW. & TN
FG% 43.3. Vs 35.2
3% basically the same - poor 26%
FT. 75%. Vs. 60.4%
TOs basically the same....17/16
A season low 71 pts vs. TN.

Certainly a loss one would say that had to be our worst game. Lol

But, there are a few stats to say it wasn't. Sure TNs D had alot to do with that. So I don't know, just thought the comparison was interesting.

One thing for sure, don't want to play TN again. NW ...any day.
Yeah I hear you. I just kind of throw out that UT game because of the 70+ free throws and almost 50 fouls called...which allowed no flow to the game haha.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Hangover, maybe but CS also played well (maybe NW played bad) but one thing I noticed while I watched for a few minutes was CS picked Buie up full court, not a press, but did occasionally threaten a trap. It was enough to make him work hard and get him out of rhythm. Helped to get the ball out of his hands. CS is more mobile 1-5 than we are so they pushed Buie inside the arc where he had to convert difficult shots at the basket. It will be interesting to see if CMP strategy changes slightly in the next game. I think TJReese made a comment about this in another thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT