ADVERTISEMENT

Now that Spring football practice has opened, where is any information?

Practice is only open to media 2 days a week and you gotta pay if you want the reports that come out of those.

• Sad
Reactions: Tommaker
Did any of the transfers or high school recruits enter school early in order to practice this spring. Not much has been said about anyone reporting early

Did any of the transfers or high school recruits enter school early in order to practice this spring. Not much has been said about anyone reporting early
from what I have heard. Not complete.

Incoming class: QB Davilla, WR Watson, WR Harris??, RB Meriweather, OL not sure which one, S Bradford, TE Galloway.

Transfers: I think all are here except the K and WR L Smith.

please add to this list or correct if there are inaccuracies.

Any new news? I know Basketball is KING right now (and rightly so). just looking for my Football fix.

BTW, they are now selling crack cocaine at supermarkets. It's called Great Lakes Michigan Cherry BBQ kettle chips, and they are DESTRUCTIVELY addictive. Free plug.

I hope the football team puts together another video in support of the basketball team. Thought that was pretty cool before the Sweet 16.

Any new news? I know Basketball is KING right now (and rightly so). just looking for my Football fix.

BTW, they are now selling crack cocaine at supermarkets. It's called Great Lakes Michigan Cherry BBQ kettle chips, and they are DESTRUCTIVELY addictive. Free plug.
chips sound good, but don't have that brand out here

any new news? as usual Iowa favored to land a good OL from the state of Indiana, Cam Herron 6'4 280 3 star

chips sound good, but don't have that brand out here

Amazon available.....hadn't heard of these Tommaker......Thanks for the plug......always looking for tips for family and friends to "sample/try".....haha. Can turn into an addiction seemingly with the first bite.

Now....if you also want another example......top-seed worthy is this one from Trader Joe's, but I don't think they sell online. If you like horseradish......Aye Yai Yai! :)

Thanks for the football updates, folks.....much appreciated.

s-l1200.webp

Please people that attend the Spring game do a write up here of your observations. It's nice to have some unbiased information to see how the team is progressing. Hoping for good weather and good times for the attendees.

I watched the "highlights". Hart to tell what was happening as both offenses wore black and both defenses wore white, and some players played for both sides. Who was actually playing was impossible to follow, especially without the players numbers. I thought the number of incomplete passes was appalling, and long touchdown plays said little for the defense. So I still know as little as before I watched this farce. Supposedly every player played, so that makes any meaningful results even more difficult.

I watched the "highlights". Hart to tell what was happening as both offenses wore black and both defenses wore white, and some players played for both sides. Who was actually playing was impossible to follow, especially without the players numbers. I thought the number of incomplete passes was appalling, and long touchdown plays said little for the defense. So I still know as little as before I watched this farce. Supposedly every player played, so that makes any meaningful results even more difficult.
FWIW. My observations after watching the Spring game on BTN. Before the game, CRW stressed that he wanted to come out of this game without injuries, especially to the starting line up. 1st offense lined up against 1st defense with no tackling. 2/3 offense lined up vs 2/3 defense with live tackling. Also gave opportunities for early enrollees to get in some reps. This is preseason and the playbook is vanilla.

1. Our DBs looks solid and in sync. Our receivers were covered well and our QBs had tight windows to deliver their throws. There was one blown coverage by Strong safety Mohamed. But upon closer look, Card was about to run and the safety had to make the decision to stop Card or cover the receiver. He chose to go after Card and Sawinski was wide open. Need to clean up coverage when we face running QBs. Nyland Green has speed and did a good job covering CJ Smith.

2. Card and Davilla had quick decisive throws. Ball was coming out of their hands quickly, and were making tight window throws. Browne looked good, but the release was slower than Davilla. Bennett looked like he was in slo-mo. The run pass option looked like he was running it half speed and indecisive.

3. Klare is healthy and back to his old form before injury. He had good chemistry with Card. One pass dropped but was thrown a bit behind but was catching everything else. Davilla had good chemistry with early enrollee WR Harris.

4. Mockabee looks big and ripped. Looks like a different player. Both Reggie Love and Mockabee looks explosive but hard to tell because no tackle for starters. Question is who is RB3 (replace Downing). Jackson and Womack looked tiny compared to Mock and Love. Meriweather is an early enrollee and will need time to develop.

FWIW. My observations after watching the Spring game on BTN. Before the game, CRW stressed that he wanted to come out of this game without injuries, especially to the starting line up. 1st offense lined up against 1st defense with no tackling. 2/3 offense lined up vs 2/3 defense with live tackling. Also gave opportunities for early enrollees to get in some reps. This is preseason and the playbook is vanilla.

1. Our DBs looks solid and in sync. Our receivers were covered well and our QBs had tight windows to deliver their throws. There was one blown coverage by Strong safety Mohamed. But upon closer look, Card was about to run and the safety had to make the decision to stop Card or cover the receiver. He chose to go after Card and Sawinski was wide open. Need to clean up coverage when we face running QBs. Nyland Green has speed and did a good job covering CJ Smith.

2. Card and Davilla had quick decisive throws. Ball was coming out of their hands quickly, and were making tight window throws. Browne looked good, but the release was slower than Davilla. Bennett looked like he was in slo-mo. The run pass option looked like he was running it half speed and indecisive.

3. Klare is healthy and back to his old form before injury. He had good chemistry with Card. One pass dropped but was thrown a bit behind but was catching everything else. Davilla had good chemistry with early enrollee WR Harris.

4. Mockabee looks big and ripped. Looks like a different player. Both Reggie Love and Mockabee looks explosive but hard to tell because no tackle for starters. Question is who is RB3 (replace Downing). Jackson and Womack looked tiny compared to Mock and Love. Meriweather is an early enrollee and will need time to develop.
5. ILB looks to be in good shape with KJ and Yanni. KJ’s speed kept the middle secure and Yanni was wrecking havoc against the 2nd team.

6. Heldt was a big presence as Rushing End. Made his presence known. Could have a breakout year. CJ Madden was quiet. Ojata was disruptive and looked good playing on 2nd team.

7. Offensive Line held up and gave Card more time. But hard to tell when 1st team is told not to get injured. Not sure how much live the starting OL and DL were in this game.

8. Good to see the early enrollees from E St Louis, Watson and Bradford get some reps. As well as TE Galloway. I think this game is more for those early enrollees, getting them used to playing at this level.

Overall it was good to see our guys out there stretching their legs. A lot of time between now and end of August. From our starters, they look bigger and faster. Good quality depth on defense. Question marks on depth for RB. Future looks bright in QB with Davilla.

Great write up. Thanks!

Saw it a bit differently on Klare. One was behind him a bit that he couldn’t handle. Another one was right on target which he also didn’t catch.

Reactions: cillerdo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT