ADVERTISEMENT

Not one 5 Star player in the Final Four!

rsomm

Sophomore
Jun 26, 2002
There is not one player rated below 50! FAU has a team average rating of over 260! How much money is being paid to these 5 star players that can't deliver? How bad are the player rating services who rate these players? Also, go look at the college power rankings like Pomeroy, Sagarin, and Massey and how far off their metics are! Our own Zach Edey was ranked in the 400's and is National Player of the Year. Don't buy what they are selling!

You must factor in the true random events that are at work in this tournament, and in the game of basketball. Enough random ball bounces, enough weird basketballs in play, enough nagging injuries and fatigue from a grinding regular season, and you get this as your 4 "best???" teams.

There is not one player rated below 50! FAU has a team average rating of over 260! How much money is being paid to these 5 star players that can't deliver? How bad are the player rating services who rate these players? Also, go look at the college power rankings like Pomeroy, Sagarin, and Massey and how far off their metics are! Our own Zach Edey was ranked in the 400's and is National Player of the Year. Don't buy what they are selling!

While no 5 stars, there are several top 150 kids. Rankings are the best guides we have and those ranked higher are higher probability of being good players for teams. That doesn't mean that kids unranked can't be stars too ...just lower probability of it being so.

Reactions: Dryfly88
I'd like to see average ages of the starting 5 and then the whole team for the FF. Thought I'd read FAU (or maybe FDU) average age was 25?

I'd like to see average ages of the starting 5 and then the whole team for the FF. Thought I'd read FAU (or maybe FDU) average age was 25?
Right , said this to my wife....these guys look like there in a semi pro league disguised as a college, most kids go to college and grow up...i.e. Smith -Loyer....big difference in 18-20 and 25 ....

Reactions: rjmpu82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT