ADVERTISEMENT

Nice effort, but lost it at the line....

*4purdue*

All-American
May 6, 2008
This one hurts, losing a 12 pt. lead, but i like the effort. I do think CMP needed to give AJ one more blow. He was out of gas the last 5 min.

Originally posted by *4purdue*:
This one hurts, losing a 12 pt. lead, but i like the effort. I do think CMP needed to give AJ one more blow. He was out of gas the last 5 min.
Lot closer than I thought it would be, and I agree about AJ needing on last blow. Now the Boilers win out.

If there's a good loss in the hunt for late March, this was a good loss.

Not sure why we had Smotherman in the game when he took that bad shot. Should have had Kendall in.

Haas is still a beast, got to give AJ a blow, we don't lose that much. I also think Haas is better at drawing fouls and could have got Williams out of the game.

Good point. I don't think Kendall took a shot in this game though. I would have had him in for that also.

Yep free throws lost it, mostly due to the refs putting them on the line almost 40 times

It was a good game.

Purdue made just a few too many mistakes in the second half to hold on. The missed free throws obviously hurt.

Still, this team wouldn't have been within 20 at Columbus if this game had taken place in December. I'm officially amazed at the difference (Davis' improvement has been a huge part of that, as has the total reversal of the team's defense, in general).

Good game. I'd LOVE to see them win at MSU.

I just got done telling someone that a win at MSU would totally make me forget about tonight's shortcoming. Seriously.

Originally posted by *4purdue*:

AJ just wasn't the same after he rolled his ankle.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by PU pit bull:

Would have liked to see Stephens and Edwards show up more, but no dice
Stephens seems to be lacking effort and I wonder if Edwards lack of play was lingering concussion symptoms or something. He hadn't practiced until the shoot around I think. So in a game like that you go with your best option which was Basil, it wasn't a great shot, but still he was the right one to be out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT