ADVERTISEMENT

Next years lineup...

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
I did this on the mens thread and it was a hit, heck some even got into heated arguments over unrelated things on it lol. Anyways, here's my early 5. Kyle-Oryyomi-Layden-Moore-Ellis. Woltman, Hardin, Smith look to log major minutes as well. Not sure on the Arkansas transfer, Gony, and the other two Frosh as to their minutes. Thoughts? Also think a front court player stilp could be added.

I think there may be other additions but good with what you said. Smith may earn more time? Who is the Arkansas transfer?

I did this on the mens thread and it was a hit, heck some even got into heated arguments over unrelated things on it lol. Anyways, here's my early 5. Kyle-Oryyomi-Layden-Moore-Ellis. Woltman, Hardin, Smith look to log major minutes as well. Not sure on the Arkansas transfer, Gony, and the other two Frosh as to their minutes. Thoughts? Also think a front court player stilp could be added.
God Lord that's a horrible lineup... I think it will be: Moore, Smith, Layden, Kyle and Grant.

Either way. that's a 5 win team at best!

Maybe Oriyyomi starts as the PF but I think Grant and Layden are the F's and Smith and Moore in the backcourt and Kyle is the starter at C. A 5 win season here we come! Sad.

I don't believe so. She graduated and as far as I know is not using her COVID year. (As you probably know, she is not listed on the roster.)

Moore could be pretty good by this fall/winter. Of course many of you have seen Smith play - I have not.
They'll start both Moore and Smith... Unless Katie is in charge of the lineups, Sharon loves as many guards on the floor as is humanly possible. They'll run lots of 4 guard lineups if we're considering Layden a guard and a post player because they are so short of PF types.

So just to refresh...they've lost Farquhar, you guys are saying Grant is gone too... there's the 1st and 2nd option at the 3 from this last season, they've lost Diagne the starting Center, they've also lost Karissa McLaughlin and Kayana Traylor, and Harmon. So by process of elimination if they do go big which is a PF type with a Post player.. then Woltman may then start at the 4...but Sharon played her mostly at the 5 this last season, so she's probably the 3rd string Center after Kyle and Gony. I will say the starting 5 will be Kyle, Layden, Stallings/Smith/Ellis/Doumbia, Moore and Oriyomi. Layden will play a lot at the 3 and the 4. And Madison will average 35 minutes a game and play more minutes than anyone else on the team. Hope she stays healthy. With Makolo, Hardin, Gony and Woltman off the bench. Lots of guards..which Sharon loves. Finding minutes for all of the guards other than Moore will be a challenge. You will see lots of 3 guard lineups and Madison and Kyle/Gony.

Last edited:
So just to refresh...they've lost Farquhar, you guys are saying Grant is gone too... there's the 1st and 2nd option at the 3 from this last season, they've lost Diagne the starting Center, they've also lost Karissa McLaughlin and Kayana Traylor, and Harmon. So by process of elimination if they do go big which is a PF type with a Post player.. then Woltman may then start at the 4...but Sharon played her mostly at the 5 this last season, so she's probably the 3rd string Center after Kyle and Gony. I will say the starting 5 will be Kyle, Layden, Stallings/Smith/Ellis, Moore and Oriyomi. Layden will play a lot at the 3 and the 4. And Madison will average 35 minutes a game and play more minutes than anyone else on the team. Hope she stays healthy.

This post reads like Charlie Brown's teacher. Hope you didn't put much time into it.

• Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
This post reads like Charlie Brown's teacher. Hope you didn't put much time into it.
FU! It is a realistic view of this coming season and who will most likely play and start for this PU WBB team. It will hopefully be a springboard to happier and more successful days for this program. I wanna see Katie have more input and control of this team this season and that will be interesting to watch. Hopefully the future is bright...Won't expect much success in 2021/22 but with Katie given time to recruit and get her players into the program it will hopefully be bluer skies and brighter days ahead. I do know this, she needs to recruit more post players, more players that can dominate the paint and have skills around the basket...they have a plethora of guards...but they need size and athleticism and skilled players that play in the post and around the basket.

Last edited:
Katie will need some Drey Mingos and an Ae'Rianna Harris or 2, players with those types of skill sets. Katie needs to focus on skilled wings and power forwards and post players in her first recruiting class and in her subsequent recruiting classes.

Katie will need some Drey Mingos and an Ae'Rianna Harris or 2, players with those types of skill sets. Katie needs to focus on skilled wings and power forwards and post players in her first recruiting class and in her subsequent recruiting classes. Of course adding skilled backcourt players as well, but the focus should be dominating the paint and near the basket in her initial recruiting classes.

FU! It is a realistic view of this coming season and who will most likely play and start for this PU WBB team. It will hopefully be a springboard to happier and more successful days for this program. I wanna see Katie have more input and control of this team this season and that will be interesting to watch. Hopefully the future is bright...Won't expect much success in 2021/22 but with Katie given time to recruit and get her players into the program it will hopefully be bluer skies and brighter days ahead. I do know this, she needs to recruit more post players, more players that can dominate the paint and have skills around the basket...they have a plethora of guards...but they need size and athleticism and skilled players that play in the post and around the basket.
Again. Charlie Brown's teacher. Didn't read the entire first line even.

WaaaWaaaWaaa......WaaaWaaaWaaaWaaa

Katie will need some Drey Mingos and an Ae'Rianna Harris or 2, players with those types of skill sets. Katie needs to focus on skilled wings and power forwards and post players in her first recruiting class and in her subsequent recruiting classes.

Again. Charlie Brown's teacher. Didn't read the entire first line even.

WaaaWaaaWaaa......WaaaWaaaWaaaWaaa
Not sure why you have an issue with this post. David is correct in that we need front court players, players with strong skill sets. I know he has been a bit repetitive, but he’s not wrong. In my opinion, Versyp has given up and is just going through the motions at this point. Her recruiting has fallen off the edge of the world, and her play calling, bench coaching has been just about as effective as her recruiting.

I wanted Purdue to hire an impact coach like that guy down at Louisville. I have my concerns about Katie, but I’m willing to give her a chance.

Reactions: Gesysp
Just because Katie was a great player and coached well at a lower level, this could be a disastrous hire or a home run. We will only know when we know. How profound is that. This is no diss on Gearalds, just someone living at U of I who has seen the hiring of a hugely successful lower tier coach turn into a nightmare. The U of I only has 8 players now and lost their top six players including their best scoring guard to Purdue. Hoping that does not happen here. BO decided not to go after a big name expensive coach, which he might not have gotten anyway
( we don't know if he tried) but it is what is and we will all be rooting for Katie's success.

Not sure why you have an issue with this post. David is correct in that we need front court players, players with strong skill sets. I know he has been a bit repetitive, but he’s not wrong. In my opinion, Versyp has given up and is just going through the motions at this point. Her recruiting has fallen off the edge of the world, and her play calling, bench coaching has been just about as effective as her recruiting.

I wanted Purdue to hire an impact coach like that guy down at Louisville. I have my concerns about Katie, but I’m willing to give her a chance.

I don't know either since I didn't read it.

David has already proven himself to be a phony. That's why I didn't read it.

I don't know either since I didn't read it.

David has already proven himself to be a phony. That's why I didn't read it.
I’ve seen him be a bit of the over the top with the drama. Don’t know about phony. I have been off this board for at least three years since I couldn’t bring myself to be positive. I really can’t say any more about the situation.

Reactions: TC4THREE
If Grant isn't on the team.. they're really in trouble.. this could be a 3 win team.
Maybe a 2 win team...... at the very least it's going to be really ugly...no post presence except for Kyle who only played 10-15 minutes a game... 12 guards...are any of them really any good at this point? They lost their 2 All-Big starting guards, their starting PF and their starting Center... Tell me how this team wins more than 3-5 games in the coming season?

Reactions: mathboy
Maybe a 2 win team...... at the very least it's going to be really ugly...no post presence except for Kyle who only played 10-15 minutes a game... 12 guards...are any of them really any good at this point? They lost their 2 All-Big starting guards, their starting PF and their starting Center... Tell me how this team wins more than 3-5 games in the coming season?
I think you’ve made this point... in just about every thread. It might be time to sit back and watch how things unfold. We are going to find out what impact Katie is going to have.

Versyp has the recruiting charm of a porcupine. Maybe Katie can turn recruiting
around. We do get it, we need better players to complement the kids we have now. Furthermore we need a better offense. Let’s see what happens and stop bludgeoning every thread with the same tired rant.

I think you’ve made this point... in just about every thread. It might be time to sit back and watch how things unfold. We are going to find out what impact Katie is going to have.

around. We do get it, we need better players to complement the kids we have now. Furthermore we need a better offense. Let’s see what happens and stop bludgeoning every thread with the same tired rant.
Purdue going 2-26 next year, that won't happen.

Reactions: DocRon and mathboy

I have not used Ignore very often over the years but this guy has been a great example of the perfect use for it. It might be a 2nd account for charlespig. Not positive.

On the official Purdue athletic site next season's official roster is up.

Bump. Guess DavidBoiler thinks we won't win any more games this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT