ADVERTISEMENT

Next moves

HUD628

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
First of all, Harrell isn’t getting fired so we can probably just stop talking about it. He’s got a lot to prove, though, to say the least. He and Walters must add legit players along the OL and at WR.

Defensively, just make sure you do whatever has to be done to keep Scourton at Purdue. Still could use an impact guy at all 3 levels, but I think the defense will be better.

The real work starts now for this staff.

First of all, Harrell isn’t getting fired so we can probably just stop talking about it. He’s got a lot to prove, though, to say the least. He and Walters must add legit players along the OL and at WR.

Defensively, just make sure you do whatever has to be done to keep Scourton at Purdue. Still could use an impact guy at all 3 levels, but I think the defense will be better.

It’s gonna be about that financial commitment. You’re gonna need bags for Scourton, Jenkins, Thienemann, a mlb and 3 OL

Reactions: Bippus33 and SKYDOG

Gonna have to play some freshmen or get help in the secondary and probably at inside linebacker

Reactions: SKYDOG and HUD628
It’s gonna be about that financial commitment. You’re gonna need bags for Scourton, Jenkins, Thienemann, a mlb and 3 OL
I honestly wasn’t even thinking about Jenkins. Figured he was gone but yeah they should bring him back obviously if they can

I honestly wasn’t even thinking about Jenkins. Figured he was gone but yeah they should bring him back obviously if they can
With his height I don’t think he’s a big Tim prospect at the next level. Kinda like Branson Deen

With his height I don’t think he’s a big Tim prospect at the next level. Kinda like Branson Deen
For some reason I was thinking he was already here 5 years and he’d just not be interested any more. Another year won’t change 6’00 250 lbs so if he wants to go pro I’d take my shot

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
For some reason I was thinking he was already here 5 years and he’d just not be interested any more. Another year won’t change 6’00 250 lbs so if he wants to go pro I’d take my shot
He has one year to get money if he doesn’t make pro money. Like Deen

Isn't Jenkins done? Not sure I'd worry about losing a guy like Thienemann considering the legacy.

To me, the WR room needs some help, and some health. I liked what I saw from Tibbs today.
If you’re gonna give money to Scourton Dillon deserves it too. Jenkins has only accumulated stats in 3 season

Jenkins walked at Sr. Day. Not sure what that means. Pretty sure he’s a 4th year and could play another.

I believe Jenkins has 1 more year if he wants it. Not sure what his nfl stock is right now, but if he has a chance to get drafted in the 4th or 5th rd, I think you take that if you're him.

Totally agree on Scorton, do what it takes to make sure he plays for us next year, though Im not really worried about him. Seems like a smart guy. Walters D gives Scorton a chance to feast and thus he should expect robust numbers again next year. Scorton's real bag comes at the 2025 draft.

Offensive coordinator should be fired already. If he isn't fired by the end of next week I have a feeling he will be back next year. Which would be a terrible decision.

Reactions: pboiler18
Offensive coordinator should be fired already. If he isn't fired by the end of next week I have a feeling he will be back next year. Which would be a terrible decision.
He’s be owed 2 million if fired now. Not happening for a non head coach at Purdue

He’s not getting fired! He’s part of the package fellas. Part of the young energy that’s elevating recruiting. If they improve the talent on the field and next years offenses stinks, Walters may think about it but I view he and Harrell as safe for 3 years.

He’s not getting fired! He’s part of the package fellas. Part of the young energy that’s elevating recruiting. If they improve the talent on the field and next years offenses stinks, Walters may think about it but I view he and Harrell as safe for 3 years.
We had a couple games where Harrell did great. But most of the year it was called absolutely terrible. That's what I don't understand.

Reactions: pboiler18
We had a couple games where Harrell did great. But most of the year it was called absolutely terrible. That's what I don't understand.
I think several things happened this year where Harrell was not able to run the offense he wanted to run.

1. Air Raid requires a lot of repetition to execute. I think H Card looked much better and comfortable later in the season. 2. Read run option takes a lot of repetition for the RB and QB to get on the same page. QB has to make an instant decision to keep the ball or hand it off based on what the opposing LB do. That looked clunky earlier in the season. Looked much better later. However in the Northwestern game our backup QB fumbled the ball because he did not run the read option correctly. 3. With a difficult schedule I do not think the offense was able to work out the kinks until the very end.

here is a video of the Air Raid offense Harrell ran at USC. His criticism is that he does not know how to run the ball in this offense. But Purdue did a good job getting Mock and Tracy in position to make explosive runs.

Reactions: Lee3370
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT