ADVERTISEMENT

My question to CMP

mcboiler04

True Freshman
Sep 27, 2004
now that it has been 24 hours from leaving the YUM center, I only have one question that I would love to have CMP answer. Why on earth did we not make a gameplan adjustment when were were shooting so incredibly poorly from 3? WHY WHY WHY???

AJ Hammons dominated his man the entire game. Feed him! Why doesn't the media ask and demand an answer to that question? It can't be that "we have great shooters" will be the answer. AJ was jamming the ball almost every touch.

Match up zone makes teams settle for shots, and hard to pound in the post. Pretty easy to understand.

I think Haas needed to play more in the second half. I know AJ is better, but Haas is better at drawing fouls. Haas drew 2 fouls on Drewberry in the first half. He didn't get his 3rd until late in the game. Hammons is not as good a getting the other team in foul trouble.

I agree with K_Holder. The Cincinnati defense took away a lot of interior passes. They must have studied the Illinois games.

Cincy swarmed multiple guys toward AJ almost every Purdue tried to throw it into the lane. They also swarmed Vince when he caught the ball inside their zone. It was pretty clear they didn't want those 2 guys to beat them. And nobody was getting to the rim with regularity, so that left outside jumpers.

This is going to be a problem for Purdue until our outside shooting improves. But if it does, teams won't be able to devote so much attention to denying AJ\Isaac the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT