ADVERTISEMENT

Kicking

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
I know I should be happy after a good win, and I am, but I can't get past how poor the entire kicking game it. And it's not just one area, it's all three phases: kickoffs, FGs and punting.
How do you kick your first 2 out of bounds? Some kickers might not kick one out of bounds all season.
I don't get it.

Perhaps sometimes you'd like to kick it short and away from a particular receiver so someone might have to return the kickoff. But even doing that, there shouldn't be at least 3 kickoffs out of bounds.

I know that it was mentioned that at least one of the kickers had leg problems earlier in the season, but there should be a suitable replacement.

I know I should be happy after a good win, and I am, but I can't get past how poor the entire kicking game it. And it's not just one area, it's all three phases: kickoffs, FGs and punting.
How do you kick your first 2 out of bounds? Some kickers might not kick one out of bounds all season.
I don't get it.
I watched the Valparaiso hs kicker Friday night and he is better than anyone Purdue has. He’s a junior and Walters needs to recruit him.

Reactions: Bippus33
I'm wondering if there was a concerted effort to mess up the return team with some kickoffs with odd trajectories. We kicked one later that ricocheted off one of the up-men and could have resulted in a scramble situation. But still, shouldn't have multiple kickoffs out of bounds in one game.

I'm wondering if there was a concerted effort to mess up the return team with some kickoffs with odd trajectories. We kicked one later that ricocheted off one of the up-men and could have resulted in a scramble situation. But still, shouldn't have multiple kickoffs out of bounds in one game.
I doubt it.
Our very first kickoff of the year agains San Jose went out of bounds. That was a bad omen.

Walters in an interview said that they weren't planned, the idea on kickoffs was to kick deep to the center of the end zone.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I don't get it.
We need to bring in Urban to coach up our kickers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT