ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny Hill

rjmpu82

True Freshman
Feb 7, 2013
With CS on board, it is hard for anyone to argue that we won't have one of the best front courts in the country. In my mind, Hill now becomes the X factor. If he can be Octeus like, we are going to be difficult to deal with. I have read all of details about his career thus far, but until we see him in a game situation, we really won't know anything. It will be hard to measure up to JO, but if he can play good defense and not turn the ball over, that would be a great start. I think PJ can give good back up minutes but is not ready for prime time yet. If Hill doesn't pan out, Painter will have to be creative and find a way to play without the "traditional" point guard. Really looking forward to next season.

Was just thinking about JH today. He hasn't been talked about much around here, and yet he will be very pivotal this upcoming season. I tried to watch some video on him again, but the video has been deleted or something. PJ will gain some good experience on his trip and hopefully he'll come back ready to go. Ironically, I believe Hill went on the same trip and played for the USA Eagles earlier in his career as well. Any more info on Hill would be appreciated..........video, how the injury is healing, etc.

Reactions: ghostoffatjack
Painter needs to be more flexible early with TOs & do a lot of coaching early as Hill learns to work his game into the Boiler team. I think he will be okay with Painter as long as he doesn't over dribble into trouble without a plan forcing things.

Hill will be asked to do much less at Purdue, and he should be able to give us that 2:1 assist to turnover ratio we need for a great season.

Rafael and Stephens shoots 38% or better from outside and we are set.

I rather think its easier for Rafael to improve his outside shooting than to pick up enough PG skill set

Rapheal

sorry. raphael

Scouting report on Hill

Positives
- fan favorite at ISU and UTA. stat stuffer. most competitive player. do all the small things. unselfish athletic, quick first step and great attack dribble. tough and finishes well at the rim. great rebounder for a guard. went from SG in high school to PG in college, ceiling yet to be reached

Negatives
- inconsistent. Natural 2 guard playing at the point (albeit with 3 years experience doing it). Poor jump shot, not a perimeter threat. Often left alone and he passed up open shots

ADVERTISEMENT