ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremiah Tilman

Jan 17, 2015
Saw the tease on the front page. Wonder what interest is on his end....

Seems like a pretty highly regarded recruit and would help solidify Purdue as a place for bigs to develop and get to the league, and would take over for Haas....

Wait just one minute. According to the naysayers MP has NO chance of getting a 5 star so why is he going after this guy???

Wait just one minute. According to the naysayers MP has NO chance of getting a 5 star so why is he going after this guy???
Probably because Purdue has always recruited the East St. Louis area and St. Louis in general. I think this kid is a long shot since he will be a national recruit, but Painter has cache with tall kids now and he will get someone to replace Issac. However, a Issac comes along about as often as Drew Brees. Enjoy him while he's here because we aren't likely to see another one soon. (I mean that as the complete package, personality, student achievement, respecting coaches, etc.)

I'm glad CMP is starting to go after some of these guys now. Seems like in the past he hasn't tried. Maybe with CS on board & all the success we've had with bigs, I would say we should at least have the kids attention. If CMP puts Hammons, Swannigan & Haas in the NBA over the next few years, I would say his resume on bigs would be hard to beat. We also do have a history with East St. Louis kids. Wasn't both Stanback & Martin from there?

I'm glad CMP is starting to go after some of these guys now. Seems like in the past he hasn't tried. Maybe with CS on board & all the success we've had with bigs, I would say we should at least have the kids attention. If CMP puts Hammons, Swannigan & Haas in the NBA over the next few years, I would say his resume on bigs would be hard to beat. We also do have a history with East St. Louis kids. Wasn't both Stanback & Martin from there?
Yes, both were from that area and another kid who was pretty highly ranked but bombed out. He was a guard and I'm sure someone will remind me.

ADVERTISEMENT