ADVERTISEMENT

Is this worst PU WBB Team ever?

Mar 6, 2014
I don't think I've ever witnessed a PU WBB be this bad for this long during the regular season in my lifetime. I have followed this program for many years and attended many of their home games over the years, but wow has this program plummeted to depths even I could never have imagined. This program actually won the NCAA Championship in 1999. What in the hell happened? They are now losing repeatedly by 30 points or more to very average teams. WOW! Just shameful how this team can't defend, has no real shooters especially 3 point shooters, they have non existent scoring from the backcourt, no inside presence to speak of, and just lack of any real spirit, and the coaching appears totally clueless. Just total lackluster performances.

Is it coaching? Is it just a down year? Is it the curse of PU sports programs that have been their worst ever in recent years? Is it the lack of talent that will hopefully be resolved in the coming years? Is it time for a coaching and AD change?

This is just sickening as a fan to watch this team not compete at all against very average to mediocre teams.

Just a real shame!

Boiler Up!

This post was edited on 2/24 9:23 PM by PurdueTim14

Fundamental Question: How Does CSV Survive This Season?

Purdue WBB has been strong -- and a real contender in both league play and nationally -- since the early 90s. However, the last few years under Versyp has seen the team under perform on a consistent basis, and begin sinking to mediocrity and below at an accelerating pace. This season, the bottom has finally fallen out.

Of course, there are excuses: injuries, transfers, etc. But every team has those and the best programs still finds ways to win 9 times out of 10.

I REALLY wanted Versyp to come back to Purdue when Curry left, and she steadied the ship. I know that we all appreciate that -- I certainly do. BUT, the results of the last few years are embarrassing and not acceptable if we really do want to be a destination school for top talent and annually compete for National Championships. In other words, a Blue Blood Program. Every data point that matters indicates that that simply is not going to happen under Versyp, and I do believe that the time for a leadership change has come. I truly hope that Morgan has the fortitude to make the right decision for this team, the program, and our University.

Morgan does not care about the revenue sports. That this program has gone from national championship contender to bottom of the Big Ten does not register with MB. He just wants all of the teams to have equal facilities.

It is amazing that the three most attended sports programs at Purdue have been historically bad in the last two years. This cannot be a coincidence.

Despite this, Mitch gave MB a bonus Throw your hands up and quit the John Purdue Club. That is all that I could think to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT