ADVERTISEMENT

"Iron in the fire"

Actually, the way it was formed, it seems like he's talking about Swanigan as the big Iron, he didn't really specify that the big iron was at the PG. He was talking about who we still have coming in and refereed to a big iron in the fire..

Originally posted by reswat:

Interesting interview.

Among other things, it was mentioned that Painter had a significant 'iron in the fire' that he wasn't allowed to talk about in regard to a point guard transfer.

Hmmm.....
I think the "big, rather large iron in the fire" referred to Swanigan.

Has the story been edited since first posted? I don't see any reference to "iron in the fire". Am I missing something obvious?

FYI, the reference was around the 3:10 mark in the video.

It's not clear exactly what the interviewer is referring to, but the discussion at that point was definitely referring to filling the point guard position for next year. Perhaps he was referring to Swanigan, but I'm not sure.

Regardless, I think it's clear that they are actively looking for transfers in at the point guard position.

Re: He would be perfect

Originally posted by GenevaSteve:

Athletic, long and a better shooter than JO.
I don't know about better shooter. I think they are pretty similar in that department, although from what the 'Nova fans mentioned, he's probably streakier. However, he is definitely a more prolific 3PT shooter.

If we're looking for things in which he would be better, I would bet that he's stronger than Octeus.

This post was edited on 4/9 6:00 PM by nagemj02

I am pretty sure that was a reference to Swanigan, but it was also clear that Painter is trying to get a point guard for next season.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Interesting interview.

Among other things, it was mentioned that Painter had a significant 'iron in the fire' that he wasn't allowed to talk about in regard to a point guard transfer.

Hmmm.....

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport.../purdue-what-happens-at-point-guard/25383923/

Clearly, whatever the 'iron in the fire' was (Swanigan or Ennis), neither panned out. I'd prefer in public settings that things are not alluded to at all ... until it's a done deal (e.g. don't even talk about it).

Clearly, whatever the 'iron in the fire' was (Swanigan or Ennis), neither panned out. I'd prefer in public settings that things are not alluded to at all ... until it's a done deal (e.g. don't even talk about it).
Whoever GBI thinks they are getting, they do not get.

I thought the Iron was referring to his to be coming trip to Philly(Ennis) since that was posted back on April 7th....that is done...

Now who is this guard Johnny Hill???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT