ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa - iu

DrEss

All-American
Aug 25, 2001
Who should Purdue fans root for or does it matter? Doesn't feel right hoping the Hoosiers win.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I guess maybe the answer lies with our opponent in the BTT. Would we stand a better chance beating Iowa or OSU? If Iowa, it might be better for them to beat IU.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I never cheer for IU........

We win our own games....forget the help...................

Never cheer for IU...ever.

I'm still up in the air. On one hand we have our most hated rival

and on the other, there's IU.

Better for Purdue if Iowa wins. We beat IU twice and once. Also IU can't catch us I'm the BIG due to toe breaker. That said I can't root for IU. If they win O just won't be real upset.

Headline over at the Stye today was about getting off the bubble. I'm hoping they fall off of it!!!

Was rooting for a brawl resulting in suspensions.

This post was edited on 3/3 9:10 PM by BoilerFan#35

You Beat Iowa 67-63 without Aaron White their leading scorer at your house. If you lose to MSU you would have to beat Illini to stay in the Double Bye. I would say you probley wanted Indiana to win. Since you beat them twice. I don't Think you really want to play Iowa in the BTT. Just sayin.
This post was edited on 3/3 9:30 PM by Drmac22

Originally posted by Drmac22:

You Beat Iowa 67-63 without Aaron White their leading scorer at your house. If you lose to MSU you would have to beat Illini to stay in the Double Bye. I would say you probley wanted Indiana to win. Since you beat them twice. I don't Think you really want to play Iowa in the BTT. Just sayin.

We'll be ready for you..........

th

Originally posted by PU pit bull:

We'll be ready for you..........

ec
Freakin LOL!!!!

He's right though. I really don't want to play iowa again. They are so streaky it will probably be a 15pt game one way or the other. We could kill or be killed. At this point Iu might not be too bad. They are demoralized. But if we beat them 3 times in a year they may actually fire crean. At this point I don't think they pay the buyout

We also weren't playing as well as we are playing now when the pokeyes were in Mackey. Just sayin'

Iowa is the most "volatile" of the conference teams it seems. They've got talent, size off the bench, potential outside shooting, and a couple of players that can create their own shot. If they play smart and stay out of foul trouble, they can beat almost any team. They could also flame out in the first game possibly.

Purdue would have a tough time if they meet up in the BTT, and it's possible with the seeds, that could be the 4/5 match-up in the quarterfinals. Purdue is playing better, but IIRC, wasn't that the game Iowa had a record/near record of offensive rebounds, especially Oleshani?

Originally posted by BBG:

We also weren't playing as well as we are playing now when the pokeyes were in Mackey. Just sayin'
And our best three point shooter has been playing with a bad finger. But people just gloss over that.

How would you classify them when they lost to North Florida and Garner Webb at home?

Originally posted by diehardhawk82:

How would you classify them when they lost to North Florida and Garner Webb at home?
Same as when we played the pokeyes. Not playing as well as we are now.

I don't Think you really want to play Iowa in the BTT. Just sayin.
Boy, thank goodness PSU saved us from the embarrassment of having to play the mighty Hawkeyes...

I know Gardner Webb.

Gardner Webb was an opponent of ours.

Hawkeye, you are NO Gardner Webb.

Originally posted by mcboiler04:

How would you classify Iowa when they lost to Penn St?
Using CLASSY-fy and Ioweenies in the same sentence is banned on this board!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT