ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana v Kentucky HS All Star game

Bluegrass Boiler

All-American
Dec 18, 2004
OK...just bought my tix for the all-star games to be played in Lexington on June 12. Anyone have any info on the Purdue women recruits I should be watching, what to look for, etc.? I think there's three on the Indiana team and one on Kentucky's.

Bump....lots of views...surely someone closer to the program than I am has some recruits/game-viewing advice for me. I'll post my (likely far less than professional, but best effort nonetheless) reviews after the games.

I'm mainly interested in the 6' 6" center from Ky.. Can she score and how mobile is she.Her name is Nora Kiesler.

I'm mainly interested in the 6' 6" center from Ky.. Can she score and how mobile is she.Her name is Nora Kiesler.

Nora is big. But she'll be a project, imo. She has a soft touch and hustles, but was repeatedly taken by Indiana's two Michigan State recruits, Victoria Gaines (6'1") and especially Jenna Allen (6'3") who were simply more skilled and athletic. KY's other Center, 6'4" Ashanti Thomas (Penn State recruit) was better...at least tonight. I hope we don't have to depend on Nora too much as a freshman. If so, it could be a long season. Purdue's only other recruit to play was Tiara Murphy for Indiana. She's very slightly built and usually stayed on the perimeter. Took a few open shots when she wasn't quite squared, but did hit two in a row during a run when Indiana broke the game open. She also was instrumental in some steals and forced turnovers. It was a very close game in the 1H, but Indiana absolutely smothered KY in the second, winning 93-49. Purdue's other two recruits, Dominique McBryde and Lamina Cooper, didn't play, so I assume they were injured, though Lamina did bust some smooth moves to the music playing during one timeout.

Last edited:
Nora is big. But she'll be a project, imo. She has a soft touch and hustles, but was repeatedly taken by Indiana's two Michigan State recruits, Victoria Gaines (6'1") and especially Jenna Allen (6'3") who were simply more skilled and athletic.

I took my great granddaughter to Coach Versyp's Player Development Camp today. Terry Kix and Kelly Komara did most of the welcome/orientation talk. They mentioned, but did not introduce by name, a staff that was present and appeared to include both Bree Horrocks and Nora Kielser. The person that I believe was Nora Kiesler was wearing a boot. I think it was on her left foot. She appeared to be about two inches taller than Horrocks. Has anyone heard anything about an injury to Kiesler?

Last edited:
I suppose she could have injured it the following night in Indy, or afterward in practice, but she didn't seem to be favoring her foot in the Lexington game. Of course, if it was bothering her, perhaps that might explain why she got beat so often by Indiana's bigs. Still, latent injury or not, she just didn't appear to have the quickness that others had...sort of lumbering even when she appeared to be running with full effort. There was no lack of hustle on her part, just not the quickness others exhibited.

Yesterday, I picked up my great granddaughter and attended the closing/awards session of the player development camp. I can confirm that it was Nora Kiesler who was wearing a boot on her left foot/ankle. I did not learn the nature of the injury, but when Kelly Komara introduced her, she said that the staff was looking for good things from her this year, so I am assuming that the injury is nothing major.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT