ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Senior All-Stars

nagemj02

All-American
Mar 16, 2010
There hasn't been any threads about that yet, so I figured I'd start one.

Grant Weatherford did not get selected and as expected, Ryan Cline did. Congrats to Cline.

Where are the Jr./Sr. and Indiana/Kentucky games going to be played? I assume that one of them will either be at Lucas-Oil or Conseco in Indy.

As he is often compared to Kramer @ least by Painter.......I was wondering if Kramer made the Indiana All-star team when he was a senior? I know Kramer averaged about 19ppg in HS which is more than GW, but could not remember if he was an IN All star--as Painter's selection & subsequent comments on GW has inevitably linked the two for comparisons?

Found it - Kramer 2006 All Star.

This post was edited on 4/20 5:52 PM by Boiler Buck

Yes, Chris Kramer was an Indiana All-Star as a HS senior. Kramer was/is more athletic than Weatherford as well. I think the comparison really only boils down to playing style (specifically a willingness to throw one's body around if need be and to get in the opposition's "grill").

Kramer 19.1 pts 4 assists 3 steals ? rebs

Weatherford 12.6 pts 4.6 assists 3.1 steals 5.2 rebs

Both very good football players

Almost the identical size and shape...........Kramer has the edge in athleticism I would think though
This post was edited on 4/20 6:10 PM by PU pit bull

Looking forward to seeing both guys play as Boilers. I know Cline might be the best jump shooter we have had in a long, long while. And there will be lots of opportunities for GW if he can set up Cline and Mathias by hustling to set tough hard screens.....not to mention having the physical tools to exert Boiler D.

There was a thread but for some reason it got deleted. There was a couple of mild negative posts but I didn't think they were that bad. Maybe something worse after I left the site

Originally posted by nat100:
It was trolling. It was better bait than most

Posted from Rivals Mobile
I'll ask the same question I did there... were people expecting Weatherford to be an All Star? His numbers are not very impressive but I don't follow Indiana HS bball at all so I don't know what kind of year he had.

Originally posted by boilerzz:
But that was Weatherford as a freshman in high school.
Hey, don't get me wrong.......I am glad as hell that GW may be better athletically than I thought. I can't wait to see the kid suit up. His attitude alone is worth it to me. I am just saying that CK was all state quality in basketball, football, and baseball....and that is pretty damn good!

I wasn't suggesting you were dogging the guy. I was just pointing out how good of an athlete he was when he was 15 years old. I think Kramer is an inch or two taller but I think their athleticism is pretty comparable considering we likely remember Kramer more as a 22 year old senior.

Originally posted by boilerzz:
I wasn't suggesting you were dogging the guy. I was just pointing out how good of an athlete he was when he was 15 years old. I think Kramer is an inch or two taller but I think their athleticism is pretty comparable considering we likely remember Kramer more as a 22 year old senior.
I got ya boilerzz. We all good!!!

Kramer 6'3" 214lbs

GW 6'2" 215lbs

Weatherford shows a lot of speed and physicality on his football highlights. It's not surprising that he received some D1 football offers. I don't know if he's athletic overall as Kramer, but I would guess that he has a little more speed. From what I've seen, he can move like Bryson Scott, but his offensive game needs some refinement. It should help that he can focus on basketball now that he is done playing football.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Fine, I'll be the resident homer and say Weatherford got screwed...he signed a scholly to a B1G Conferance school...not Lehigh, not Toledo, not Western Michigan...he signed with Purdue and that means to me he's better than at least five of the kids on that roster. JMO...

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Fine, I'll be the resident homer and say Weatherford got screwed...he signed a scholly to a B1G Conferance school...not Lehigh, not Toledo, not Western Michigan...he signed with Purdue and that means to me he's better than at least five of the kids on that roster. JMO...
The question is he better than the other PG's that were named? You do have to take some of that into your decisions but I will grant you, there have been some obvious misses and political inclusions over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT