ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana All-Stars

Don't know. Ryan Fazekas not playing too...classes.

Will the game be competitive now that CS is not around?

Last edited:
Just my opinion, I don't think he will make that team, but when invited I guess you have to try. It's a shame though he will miss out on all allstar activities experiences

Upon further review he could very well make the 19 under team which of course I hope he does. I think he will be battling around 11 other guys for a possible 6 type positions on the roster. He does have a background of being involved on these types of team which should help. I think it would be somewhat of a surprise if two Purdue players make the team.

Will Cline wear the #1 jersey in place of Swanigan?:

https://purdue.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1771226
Caleb should have passed on the tryout offer and stayed on the Indiana Team. He has been awarded the highest honor in the state that a high school player can receive and accepted it. The main responsibility of that honor is playing and leading his teammates with #1 on the jersey. Without CS, Indiana just may not have enough to beat Kentucky.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't follow Indiana HS basketball enough to know... how often does Mr. Basketball not play? I have seen enough to remember several playing and can't remember one not playing.

Sorry, I don't follow Indiana HS basketball enough to know... how often does Mr. Basketball not play? I have seen enough to remember several playing and can't remember one not playing.

Trey Lyles did not play last year. He was Indiana Mr bball. Other than that I cannot think of any. Of course, I already forget what I had for breakfast today, too.

Reactions: Dandelion1972
Because of events like the U19 games and college coaches wanting players to enroll early, I think it will lead to more of this. I'm guessing the IN/KY game will be a thing of the past shortly. It wouldn't bother me any.

Reactions: RMBURNS
Lyles did not play because he was supposedly injured.
Sherron Wilkerson quit on the all-star team after one game, and he was stripped of the honor. It was awarded then to Kojak Fuller, who did not do so well with the honor, either.

The US19 practice overlaps with the Indiana All Stars by 2 days. CS would only miss two days of practice with the USA tryouts if he did both. CS is a great player, and is needed.

Caleb should have passed on the tryout offer and stayed on the Indiana Team. He has been awarded the highest honor in the state that a high school player can receive and accepted it. The main responsibility of that honor is playing and leading his teammates with #1 on the jersey. Without CS, Indiana just may not have enough to beat Kentucky.
oh man, we can't lose to KY!!!

I completely disagree. The honor of playing on a team representing the entire country eclipses the honor of playing for a single state, even if the state is Indiana. Eclipses it every time, everywhere. The "main responsibility" of Mr. Indiana basketball is an honerary position gievn to the best basketball player in the state. It has nothing to do with the IN/KY games, in terms of "responsibilty".

This year Purdue got both the #1 and #2 players in Indiana. A nice change. Tired of Meat-Chicken schools picking them off.

Good luck Caleb!

:cool:

Reactions: Statey
I completely disagree. The honor of playing on a team representing the entire country eclipses the honor of playing for a single state, even if the state is Indiana. Eclipses it every time, everywhere. The "main responsibility" of Mr. Indiana basketball is an honerary position gievn to the best basketball player in the state. It has nothing to do with the IN/KY games, in terms of "responsibilty".

This year Purdue got both the #1 and #2 players in Indiana. A nice change. Tired of Meat-Chicken schools picking them off.

Good luck Caleb!

Plus keep in mind that Caleb is a Hoosier because of difficulties in his life in Utah. He wasn't born and raised a Hoosier. Everything with this kid is a business decision and the best one of those is USA basketball.

I do think though that the All Star people should make it a policy that to keep the title and have the #1 jersey you have to play in the games. JMO

Plus keep in mind that Caleb is a Hoosier because of difficulties in his life in Utah. He wasn't born and raised a Hoosier. Everything with this kid is a business decision and the best one of those is USA basketball.

I do think though that the All Star people should make it a policy that to keep the title and have the #1 jersey you have to play in the games. JMO

I am under the impression that the all-star games is a completely different organization than the voting process for Mr. Indiana Basketball. Each can make their own rules as needed. The fact that Mr. Indiana gets the #1 jersey is the decision of the all-star guys. They can do what they want. IIRC they have snubbed more than one diserving Indiana kid that should have played in the all-star game and didn't get the offer.

Besides, that one post was from Jimmygoiu, one of the worst of the Purdue haters on Peegs. He was trying to throw some shame on Caleb for not playing in that game. As usual, he is full of it. (Do you think he understood my use of the word "eclipses"?)

I am under the impression that the all-star games is a completely different organization than the voting process for Mr. Indiana Basketball. Each can make their own rules as needed. The fact that Mr. Indiana gets the #1 jersey is the decision of the all-star guys. They can do what they want. IIRC they have snubbed more than one diserving Indiana kid that should have played in the all-star game and didn't get the offer.

Besides, that one post was from Jimmygoiu, one of the worst of the Purdue haters on Peegs. He was trying to throw some shame on Caleb for not playing in that game. As usual, he is full of it. (Do you think he understood my use of the word "eclipses"?)

They may in fact be separate although I really don't think they are. But being on the team is a privilege so is wearing the #1 Jersey which should be someone actually playing in the game. Not playing is a choice unless there is an injury. So to me, Cline should get the honor and Caleb should be replaced with another player.

It's almost comical how pathetic Kentucky has become in this series. It's so bad that our latest Mr. Basketball isn't even going to bother playing... and Indiana will probably *still* sweep the games. I don't care how good UK is at importing players from other states (including Indiana) - Indiana is still the king of basketball (per capita, probably nationwide, and thus, maybe even world wide).

Interesting question. Is Indiana the most talent-rich state per capita in the US?

Outside of America, I think the most talent rich political entity on a per capita basis would be a country like Serbia

Obviously, I'd wager Indiana, per-capita, is the most talent rich basketball state. I think many states have more basketball talent, again, per-capita, than any European country. I know Germany, Serbia, and several other eastern European countries do produce quite a bit of NBA talent, but I don't think they top Indiana, Illinois (Chicago), California, or New York. They probably don't top Florida or Texas, either. However, I don't have any real metrics to back this up - it's just my "gut feeling".

Actually Swanigan was born in Indiana-Indianapolis to be exact and still has family there. I realize when he was small he moved to Utah but I just saw this a few weeks ago as I thought he was born in Utah as well. I guess not.

Actually, I am a fan of CS ability. I believe he makes you guys a top 15 team in the nation. I am also a big fan of Indiana high school bball and its traditions. Caleb would only miss 2 days of the USA workouts by playing as Mr. Basketball on the Indiana team. I wish he would do both. Oh, CS is the best high school bball player in Indiana, and I wish IU would have had a chance with him.

Actually, I am a fan of CS ability. I believe he makes you guys a top 15 team in the nation. I am also a big fan of Indiana high school bball and its traditions. Caleb would only miss 2 days of the USA workouts by playing as Mr. Basketball on the Indiana team. I wish he would do both. Oh, CS is the best high school bball player in Indiana, and I wish IU would have had a chance with him.

Good response. Thanks for not rising to my bait. Sometimes I get a little snippy. You and I both enjoy Indiana (State of) basketball.

Reactions: hoosier48
Good response. Thanks for not rising to my bait. Sometimes I get a little snippy. You and I both enjoy Indiana (State of) basketball.

I am looking forward to next season. I believe IU and Purdue will both be top 20, and relevant in college basketball in the SAME year. It has been a while since I could state that. My hope is that the IU vs Purdue game is national TV like it was in the 80/90s, and more often than not decides the B1G championship. It was a lot more fun back then...

Screw Jimmygoiu and all the iu haters, BIGGIE go play for TEAM USA and as always: ROCK ON BIGGIE!

Reactions: nagemj02

Not Mr.BBall,but the first player that I know about who elected not to play was Alan Henderson.

Obviously, I'd wager Indiana, per-capita, is the most talent rich basketball state. I think many states have more basketball talent, again, per-capita, than any European country. I know Germany, Serbia, and several other eastern European countries do produce quite a bit of NBA talent, but I don't think they top Indiana, Illinois (Chicago), California, or New York. They probably don't top Florida or Texas, either. However, I don't have any real metrics to back this up - it's just my "gut feeling".

Ask and ye shall receive. I know I saw a deadspin article about this. You would win your wager based on this article.

http://deadspin.com/infographics-where-do-pro-basketball-players-come-from-513261549

From that article I will mention the main points so if you don't want to read the whole thing. Per capita, Indiana is the highest at 26 NBA players per 1 million. Kentucky and Louisiana are tied for second at 23 per 1 million.
Crazy even more, when they broke it down more, Muncie is the highest area overall with 59 per 1 million, very high and Terre Haute is number 5 with 41 per million.

If you have some time and are nerd about statistics, this article is really cool.

The two days he would miss are basically the whole "tryout" and the first set of cuts happens after two days.

He has a chance to represent his country on an international level and travel and see the world. And some are on here ridiculing him for making that decision. I mean, I guess I get it, but 99 percent of us would do the exact same thing.

The two days he would miss are basically the whole "tryout" and the first set of cuts happens after two days.

He has a chance to represent his country on an international level and travel and see the world. And some are on here ridiculing him for making that decision. I mean, I guess I get it, but 99 percent of us would do the exact same thing.
Perhaps the Indiana - Kentucky series should look at modifying their schedule to accommodate kids trying out for the international teams? Makes sense to me. They have set an arbitrary schedule based on what? When they could get a venue maybe? I doubt that most basketball areana are too busy right now. Given their perceived flexibility, if they want the best players, they should find a way to accommodate them. Why would they have set up a schedule that overlaps the USA try outs? Seems short sighted to me. Given the circumstances, I agree completely with Caleb's decision.

Vince and Caleb's tryouts started today. I believe that how they do today and tomorrow (I would assume that scrimmaging is a part of it) will primarily decide whether or not they make the cut.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT