ADVERTISEMENT

IN vs Kent. all star game part II.........

PU pit bull

All-American
Dec 4, 2011
Fairly close game again. IN 88 Kent. 77 Devin Cannady was player of game.
CHbP11lW8AA2VMP.jpg

Attendance was over 6500 (compared to less than 800 in Kentucky)

That is the first "off" shooting game that Cline has had in any of the All-Star games he has played in this past week. If 33% 3PT shooting is him at his worst, the Boilers should be in good shape.

That is the first "off" shooting game that Cline has had in any of the All-Star games he has played in this past week. If 33% 3PT shooting is him at his worst, the Boilers should be in good shape.
Cline can be streaky, just like Stephens. Last AAU season he was very hot and cold.

3-9 from 3 isn't really an off shooting game. Cline will have some much tougher nights than that at Purdue. (That's not a knock on him. I think that Painter might be correct about him being the best shooter in the Midwest.)

I love Ryan Cline and have no problems knowing that he is going to face a tough transition to college ball. But overrall his upside is extremely strong.

Cline can be streaky, just like Stephens. Last AAU season he was very hot and cold.

3-9 from 3 isn't really an off shooting game. Cline will have some much tougher nights than that at Purdue. (That's not a knock on him. I think that Painter might be correct about him being the best shooter in the Midwest.)

No doubt he will have off-shooting nights at some point, but it's also very unlikely he will be the focus of the defense either, like he was in these games with KY. If any opponents try to take away his shot at Purdue like KY did in Lexington (and I assume Indy, though I wasn't there), that opponent would get killed by Purdue's other options who would be left undefended. It may take him some time to adjust physically to B1G play and his new teammates, but his presence on the roster can do nothing but help us in our march to Houston in 2016. Seeing him play in person against top-level KY talent in Lexington convinced me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT