ADVERTISEMENT

If Appleby is not the QB Purdue is in trouble

let the best player be the QB, that's what its all about, do you think that Blough won't be a good QB?

Blough should only start if he can be better than Applebe at his best last year. If he comes in and plays poorly, it means that the staff nor the players are gaining from their experience.

People are making way too much of one spring game.

I have to agree that at this point AA gets the nod because of experience and that he seems to command the huddle and playbook a little better than Blough. Unfortunately I think the ship has sailed for Etling and Sindelar may be able to make a push IF his knee is fully healthy but I think AA starts the next two years until his eligibility is up leaving Sindelar to RS this season and Blough to back up. After the season you reevaluate as you always do and see where the two young guns stand compared to AA. If they are better, you start them...if not, AA starts his senior year. NOBODY is guaranteed a spot on a roster when the last two seasons were 1 and 3 wins ( I will say that the only guys that should be guaranteed are Kugler, Williams, and Bentley).

I dont think anyone's suggesting AA gets a guaranteed spot. The inference is if they cant take people and make them better we are in trouble.

Etling needs to shirt, and always has needed this. Trial by fire was a stupid move.

The things he has been doing wrong arent terribly difficult to fix. I think the scout team and focus on fundamentals would do wonders for him.

The latest from Hazell did seem to imply hes not going to compete for real playing time.

Not being snarky, but a little surprised by the question. What part of throwing a true freshman in to lead a team with huge assignment/responcibility issues and several documented attitude problems sounds like a good idea or something that wouldnt hinder growth?

If he could play the way he did in 2013, I think he would be the clear leader. Although, Applebes improved arm and Blough's accuracy were a pleasant surprise.

Thats entirely beside the point!

The point is that the best QB should be Applebe based off experience, maturity, and exposure to coaching. If someone else is better, then there is a problem.

Thats entirely beside the point!

The point is that the best QB should be Applebe based off experience, maturity, and exposure to coaching. If someone else is better, then there is a problem.

Appleby may be the best based off experience, maturity, exposure. But, it someone is better now or in the near future, that is a good problem.

Its best I think to name QB as early as possible and give #1 reps in practices.

ADVERTISEMENT