ADVERTISEMENT

"I don't think people realize how good it is here."

Brohm will be wearing red next month. You can accept it now or just wait until Dec but it's happening.

not happening

You can accept it now or wait until December. UL this year reflects much more their historical norm. With Purdue’s change in administration (including board of trustees whose chair is a former football player, an AD from Notre Dame who knows how football leads an athletic department, and president that is all in), plus 450,000 living alumni, the large annual BTN paycheck (>>>>acc), Big ten west path to playoffs, and more facility upgrades around the corner, the future at Purdue has a much higher ceiling. And that is independent of ULs money problems.

Bottom line, HE STAYING !

not happening

You can accept it now or wait until December. UL this year reflects much more their historical norm. With Purdue’s change in administration (including board of trustees whose chair is a former football player, an AD from Notre Dame who knows how football leads an athletic department, and president that is all in), plus 450,000 living alumni, the large annual BTN paycheck (>>>>acc), Big ten west path to playoffs, and more facility upgrades around the corner, the future at Purdue has a much higher ceiling. And that is independent of ULs money problems.

Well argued. Game, set, match.

Reactions: goboilers2
I think that it is beginning to dawn on the IU faithful that Brohm is going to be here for quite a while. The "assurances" that he is leaving are fewer and fewer. There is almost a resignation and acknowledgment to being left far behind Purdue's program.

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of fans.

I saw earlier posts on Purdue sites comparing offensive records of Brohm versus Meyer and Saban for the past few years. Of course, this includes WKU, but besides being a recruiting tool and pumping up the fans, it also shows Brohm's desire to be included among the great college football coaches. He's rapidly getting there at Purdue with his excellent coaching skills, and in a year or two might actually be a contender for a national championship.

With his abilities and the fans and administration's support, he does have it good here.

Naw, he'll just be in Louisville signing all the good recruits while the UL AD reaps what it sowed over the past 10-15 years!
He could come in for Wright's signing, and he can start on the 2020 class. At Christian Academy, Wright has a highly rated OL teammate for next year that would be a big pickup for next year's class. He should be a 4 start too like Wright is.

He also already owns the state of Kentucky from a recruiting standpoint-he doesn't have to leave and tell some made up Louisville fan feel good story about coming home to get recruits. He's taking them now, and everyone is seeing it. That class coming in next year will be the difference maker; and he will have Purdue competing on a national level. One key piece left, get Mr Bell and call it a day.

not happening

Didn't know the background of the BOT guys, just knew they were pro-football. Cool!

I honestly worry about losing Bobinski more than Brohm.
Good point.Me too. Prior to this season, 64 year old Jack Swarbrick at ND was losing confidence of the alums and university. Because of a lot of issues surrounding the football team and vacated wins, etc. I thought they might make a run at former grad, MBOB. But with ND's success this year and several capitol improvements underway on athletic facilities in South Bend, I believe, we are safe for awhile. ND compensates the AD position almost twice that of any other P5 program-approx. $3mil per yr vs Jim Phillips @ NW $ 1.55mil

Good point.Me too. Prior to this season, 64 year old Jack Swarbrick at ND was losing confidence of the alums and university. Because of a lot of issues surrounding the football team and vacated wins, etc. I thought they might make a run at former grad, MBOB. But with ND's success this year and several capitol improvements underway on athletic facilities in South Bend, I believe, we are safe for awhile. ND compensates the AD position almost twice that of any other P5 program-approx. $3mil per yr vs Jim Phillips @ NW $ 1.55mil
Yikes. Let's hope old Jack keeps going for a long while.

~ Jeff Brohm

That needs to be on a shirt.

And it's only getting better.
I'll use the Barry Alvarez in Madison, WI analogy. Barry was King in Madison, WI throughout his 15 year coaching career there. Went on to become a successful AD in semi-retirement mode with a great AD staff to support him. If coach Brohm's words are true as he stated, "I don't think people realize how good it is here", then he can have a long and prosperous career at Purdue. We'll see how it plays out, but I don't see Louisville getting him in the near future primarily due to their B-ball program shambles along with Bobby Petrino was his mentor in some ways.

If offered, I'll be absolutely shocked if he turns down Da' Ville. They're going to throw so much money at him, unless they bring in a higher rated coach.

Money they don’t have? They have to gather up around 7 million (based on their current funds available in the athletic department) just to buy out Petrino and buy out Brohm. Then need to find probably 6 million more to sign Brohm, then couple million more to bring his staff, then a million more for the support staff.

All that with a 35 million + Pitino lawsuit over their head currently

If offered, I'll be absolutely shocked if he turns down Da' Ville. They're going to throw so much money at him, unless they bring in a higher rated coach.
14 mil buyout for Petrino plus 4 mil for Brohm plus they owe previous athletic director 7 mil plus 40 mil lawsuit filed by Pitino plus split from Papa Johns? Not even counting paying the new staff? They couldn't even hire Tom Allen......

14 mil buyout for Petrino plus 4 mil for Brohm plus they owe previous athletic director 7 mil plus 40 mil lawsuit filed by Pitino plus split from Papa Johns? Not even counting paying the new staff? They couldn't even hire Tom Allen......

ROFLMAO," they couldn't even hire Tom Allen.."

You didn’t think Brohm was all that great, are you coming around finally? You were a big Les guy...

I think that it is beginning to dawn on the IU faithful that Brohm is going to be here for quite a while. The "assurances" that he is leaving are fewer and fewer. There is almost a resignation and acknowledgment to being left far behind Purdue's program.

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of fans.
Thanks and I hope you forget today's outcome and win most of your remaining games...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT