ADVERTISEMENT

Hyron Edwards?

Fan4Life

Sophomore
May 29, 2001
This may be an old topic, but with Purdue's need for another PG - and the scholly's we have available, are we still pursuing Hyron Edwards?

Sorry if this is an old topic.

Not to my knowledge. I thought Cal was hard after him.

I was thinking I read somewhere Painter thought he did not fit Painter's style of play and thus he quit pursuing. I do know that his on court results went way up ~ 5-6 months after I read this.....so maybe he is a different commodity now than way back then.

I was surprised to read that Painter visited HE on Feb. 25th.....as I had read Purdue was not interested prior to then.

This post was edited on 4/15 2:13 PM by Boiler Buck

To be honest not completely sure......

My take would be that he is going to Cal with Dillard but just hasn't announced yet.....

I think with PJ and Weatherford not sure H. Edwards want to compete with that.

I know Weatherford and Edwards are friends but not sure how close and if they would want to compete for same spot.

Again I would say Cal is the front runner.......

Next shoe to drop is what AJH does...then it will give us a better scenario to what the staff then does.

My guess (and yes a guess) is a 5th year guy like Ennis or Tarrant for next year regardless if AJH stays or goes.

Then Painter goes for two big guys in 2016 in Brunk, Ward or Benson and best available player be it a PG, SG or SF.

Boiler Up future is bright.

He won't qualify for many schools if I am certain and will probably have to go a JuCo or Prep School route (bad grades).

Originally posted by PU52Chevy:
To be honest not completely sure......

My take would be that he is going to Cal with Dillard but just hasn't announced yet.....

I think with PJ and Weatherford not sure H. Edwards want to compete with that.

I know Weatherford and Edwards are friends but not sure how close and if they would want to compete for same spot.

Again I would say Cal is the front runner.......

Next shoe to drop is what AJH does...then it will give us a better scenario to what the staff then does.

My guess (and yes a guess) is a 5th year guy like Ennis or Tarrant for next year regardless if AJH stays or goes.

Then Painter goes for two big guys in 2016 in Brunk, Ward or Benson and best available player be it a PG, SG or SF.

Boiler Up future is bright.
Where do you get this stuff? Edwards doesn't have a Cal offer and has never been recruited by them as far as I can tell.

Re: i'd say juco

Originally posted by TheloniousKrunk:
but prep would probably do him better/best
Krunk et al - doesnt this just show what a crapshoot recruiting is at young players? I remember when Hyron was a fresh (maybe a soph) and everyone was so excited he was rumored to like purdue (the old purdue shower curtain pic from what i remember). However, you threw water on the excitement by saying he wanted bigger and better things than going to an in-sate school. He would be looking at the Kentucky's of the world. Do you remember those days and analysis?

It is just so hard to project an undeveloped (physically) kid into what he will be like at 19 years old. That is why offering kids as freshman can be so dicey.

I hope all the best for Hyron....

I tried to tell you guys lol

I remember that and got laughed at for it lol. I don't think there's anything wrong with a kid having such lofty expectations.....BUT...I never thought he'd be that good...he was the recipient of a lot of hype early..and by good i mean Kentucky good. I don't think the kid has taken the SAT yet though so I don't think he's on Purdue's radar at all. Right now I would be shocked if he did anything other than juco.

You mean Jefferson

Talent wise he's more than good enough for Purdue

Word on the street is his grades may not even get him in a junior college(bad joke) so I don't think the staff at PU is wasting time on him.

wow. you're such the martyr.

Originally posted by TheloniousKrunk:
I remember that and got laughed at for it lol. I don't think there's anything wrong with a kid having such lofty expectations.....BUT...I never thought he'd be that good...he was the recipient of a lot of hype early..and by good i mean Kentucky good. I don't think the kid has taken the SAT yet though so I don't think he's on Purdue's radar at all. Right now I would be shocked if he did anything other than juco.
Heavy is the burden being you.

Right?!

When you say "Cal offer" I took it as an offer from Kentucky

and thought this kid really stepped up his game.

I think he is still out there. Too good of a guard to miss out on a top school. I would say it is grades. If he passes the SAT he may be at PURDUE!

Is Edwards good enough? He didn't make the All Stars even though he played on the junior team last year. I've never seen him play. Just wondering.

ADVERTISEMENT