ADVERTISEMENT

Husker fan needs seating advice

Jul 17, 2015
Hi all. I'll be heading to West Lafayette to watch the Nebraska game and was wanting to know how the rows work there. I believe I'll be buying 2 tickets in either sections 105 or 106. Is the lower the row number the closer to the field? Would a row 2 or 3 be close? 105 and 106 I'm picking because it's in the visitor section and near the 50 yard line.

Any advice on where to sit or where to buy the tickets would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Ha. Ive been going so long I barely look at the row numbering. I believe the lower the row the closer, but double check on a ticket selling website.

Those seats would be on the same side of the field as Nebraska.

scarletN. We were lucky enough to get to go to the Nebraska/Purdue game last year. What an awesome game day experience. My family and I got to tailgate and attend the game with one of my vendors. ALL of the Nebraska fans we saw were incredibly nice, and we were decked out in full Purdue gear. Wish the game had a different result, but we'll go back next year...

csboiler: thanks for the kind words. I hear good things about boiler fans too, which is why I'm going to West Lafayette.

boiler17: so what is the row numbers of the nosebleed sections? I can find all I want to about sections, but I don't have any idea about how the rows are laid out.

csboiler: thanks for the kind words. I hear good things about boiler fans too, which is why I'm going to West Lafayette.

boiler17: so what is the row numbers of the nosebleed sections? I can find all I want to about sections, but I don't have any idea about how the rows are laid out.
The lower the number the closer to the field. I am in row 6 and yes, it is almost TOO close.
I think row 10-15 would be ideal - close to the action but able to see the whole field each play.

The lower the number the closer to the field. I am in row 6 and yes, it is almost TOO close.
I think row 10-15 would be ideal - close to the action but able to see the whole field each play.
Frankie: thanks! that gives me the confidence to hit the "buy" button on some seats in 105/106 at around row 10ish. see you all there and your usually stout d line.

Row one is at the field. row 69 is at the top of the stadium. The concourse is at row 42. If you have knee problems, it is difficult to go down.

Section 105 is on the east side of the stadium at the 50 facing the press box.
Here's a seating layout.
http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/purdue_university/football/#/level_1/

scarletN. We were lucky enough to get to go to the Nebraska/Purdue game last year. What an awesome game day experience. My family and I got to tailgate and attend the game with one of my vendors. ALL of the Nebraska fans we saw were incredibly nice, and we were decked out in full Purdue gear. Wish the game had a different result, but we'll go back next year...

We did too. I think Nebraska has the nicest people. My son (2014 BCM) is moving from Omaha to Denver next week but we will certainly make the trip to Lincoln if just for the hospitality.

Hi all. I'll be heading to West Lafayette to watch the Nebraska game and was wanting to know how the rows work there. I believe I'll be buying 2 tickets in either sections 105 or 106. Is the lower the row number the closer to the field? Would a row 2 or 3 be close? 105 and 106 I'm picking because it's in the visitor section and near the 50 yard line.

Any advice on where to sit or where to buy the tickets would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Going way off topic: What do you think of the new coach?

Do you mean Riley?
I'll answer if that's the question. We needed a coach with savy, with personality, with legitimate experience. MR is a great counterpoint to the splashy, sleazy coach that seem to predominate today. Easy for fans and recruits to like. Has assembled a dynamic staff. Question is can he put it all together, but it HAS to be an improvement over Pelini, who was not polished and frankly, not intelligent enough to run such a complex operation. He didn't enjoy recruiting, which is why we were in part getting beat by Minnesota, Iowa, etc. I wanted Patterson of TCU, but this hire has the smell of a great bargain.

thanks. Expectations for next year? AA cant be easy to replace, but know nothing else of your depth chart.

thanks. Expectations for next year? AA cant be easy to replace, but know nothing else of your depth chart.
AA won't be easy to replace, but he would occasionally disappear in games. He was overused, so hoping using more running backs makes NU capable of handling injury attrition. Kenny Bell was our best WR, but almost always played injured. I'm unimpressed with the starting QB, who isn't a great thrower with subpar field vision, and isn't a natural runner. Most improvement will be from new coaching and schemes, which are hard to quantify at this time.

Defense: linebacking corps thin and young. If they come around, we'll have a decent defense.

Depth still not adequate. Outside of dlineman Collins, lacking in star power.

Do you mean Riley?
I'll answer if that's the question. We needed a coach with savy, with personality, with legitimate experience. MR is a great counterpoint to the splashy, sleazy coach that seem to predominate today. Easy for fans and recruits to like. Has assembled a dynamic staff. Question is can he put it all together, but it HAS to be an improvement over Pelini, who was not polished and frankly, not intelligent enough to run such a complex operation. He didn't enjoy recruiting, which is why we were in part getting beat by Minnesota, Iowa, etc. I wanted Patterson of TCU, but this hire has the smell of a great bargain.

Thanks for the response as that was my question.

1) What about his age? I read somewhere after he was hired that he was going to be a bridge for a few years, then name his successor as a coach in waiting. Is that true at all? I know 62 isn't that old, but was just curious if that was a writer pulling info out of his a...

2) For not liking recruiting Pelini sure took some of our better recruits :(

Thanks for the response as that was my question.

1) What about his age? I read somewhere after he was hired that he was going to be a bridge for a few years, then name his successor as a coach in waiting. Is that true at all? I know 62 isn't that old, but was just curious if that was a writer pulling info out of his a...

2) For not liking recruiting Pelini sure took some of our better recruits :(
Riley is probably a 5 year coach at NU. Right the ship,establish the new methodology of winning. Hopefully he won't be naming his successor, since that didn't work with Osborne selecting Solich and Pelini. If NU got any Purdue recruits, it was only because the NU brand still had cachet, and not the recruiting prowess of Blo....errrr...Bo.

Riley is probably a 5 year coach at NU. Right the ship,establish the new methodology of winning. Hopefully he won't be naming his successor, since that didn't work with Osborne selecting Solich and Pelini. If NU got any Purdue recruits, it was only because the NU brand still had cachet, and not the recruiting prowess of Blo....errrr...Bo.

Is there a former Nebraska player or assistant coach out there that could be the next in line, but just needs some more seasoning (like 5 years worth) before taking over?

Is there a former Nebraska player or assistant coach out there that could be the next in line, but just needs some more seasoning (like 5 years worth) before taking over?
That name would be Scott Frost. If he rocks at Oregon and doesn't take offers for the duration of Riley's tenure, he'll be the guy. No other names come to mind. Frost was close to getting a serious offer, and may have behind the scenes, but was considered a bit too untested, and we had coaches with no head coaching experience in solich, callaclown, and blo. That's why we went with experience and professionalism in Riley.

ADVERTISEMENT