ADVERTISEMENT

Hammons thread on Peegs

feulner

All-American
Mar 21, 2004
Can't believe there is a guy there that posts the following:

"Ton of development going on up there. 4 years at Purdue... for AJ and he still won't be a first rounder."

Guess we'll find out next year who gets drafted first out of Ferrell (5*), Perea (top 50), Hollowell (top 50) or Hammons (77) from the 2012 class.

Don't forget the savior who will take them from 7th place B1G to the final four.

Anyone from a school that won such a heated and public recruiting war for Perea should not complain about another school's development of a "project" with much more modest expectations.

Originally posted by feulner:

"Ton of development going on up there. 4 years at Purdue... for AJ and he still won't be a first rounder."

Guess we'll find out next year who gets drafted first out of Ferrell (5*), Perea (top 50), Hollowell (top 50) or Hammons (77) from the 2012 class.
That page is always good for laughs. But hey, far be it from me to stop them from fooling themselves. The "Fire Crean" theme seems to have died down, so they can carry on with whatever anti-Purdue stuff they want as long as it keeps that clown employed there.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I try not to venture to that site as all they do is offer snarky comments about how ugly people are, how much it smells, and how we are more redneck than they are (which is comical since they say the same about UK but share close quarters with them).

With that being said, it's hysterical what they're saying over there, as they try to belittle him and his work ethic. All he's done against them since he's gotten he is tear them a new one, even with Zeller getting babied for one year. Since he left AJ is 3-0 and 2 of those were absolute blow outs.

They're just trying to talk up their new recruit like he will be the messiah and save them from all their problems down low. Let's face it, he's there for one year and during that time he won't face a worse matchup for him. AJ will eat him alive. Purdue takes another one in Gloomington next season with a big that has"little to no motivation".

Reactions: SLANTED EYE
Some of those guys on Peegs seem to have forgotten that A.J. has helped Purdue beat IU three times in a row.

Originally posted by tigerchump:
Some of those guys on Peegs seem to have forgotten that A.J. has helped Purdue beat IU three times in a row.
Helped? I'd argue to say he was the only reason, maybe outside of Raphael. He has torn IU apart from the start.

That is what those freaks do when they are scared. They put down things that clearly are better than what they are giving credit for.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yogi will be gone this year. I doubt if Perea or Hollowell get drafted. Hammons right now is close to Yogi, if he improves this year he will be first round next year. So I agree.

I think Yogi is staying. No reason to drag it out and make a public spectacle if he's leaving.

Leaving school early is, by definition, a selfish thing. Yogi would probably be the only player in the country to hold an event to say he's leaving...

Re: Hammons thread on Peegs who gives a ......

$hit was is said on Peegs? I mean come on man.

Originally posted by tigerchump:

I wrote that because I always try to give the whole team credit.
I thought your post was pretty reasonable and accurate. It is pretty easy to tell who knows basketball and who is just a fan-boy on Peegs. Most of the fan-boy comments are obnoxious and display remarkable ignorance (pretty much like those on here). The knowledgeable fans are worth reading on both boards. Lots to be learned.

cool.r191677.gif

This is stupid. How many guys ranked in the 70-80 range become 1st rounders? Some to be sure, but it has to be a low percentage

Not willing to put time and research into it, but I would guess that AJH has exceeded what the average guy in that range accomplishes in his 1st 3 years.

Originally posted by boilerjrut3:
I try not to venture to that site as all they do is offer snarky comments about how ugly people are, how much it smells, and how we are more redneck than they are (which is comical since they say the same about UK but share close quarters with them).

With that being said, it's hysterical what they're saying over there, as they try to belittle him and his work ethic. All he's done against them since he's gotten he is tear them a new one, even with Zeller getting babied for one year. Since he left AJ is 3-0 and 2 of those were absolute blow outs.

They're just trying to talk up their new recruit like he will be the messiah and save them from all their problems down low. Let's face it, he's there for one year and during that time he won't face a worse matchup for him. AJ will eat him alive. Purdue takes another one in Gloomington next season with a big that has"little to no motivation".

This has to be my single favorite fact about AJH. He has destroyed the Loosiers over his tenure, winning most of his games and always playing great on an indvidual level even when we lost.

IU is a liberal arts school. As such they have many who have majored in history. At IU history does not repeat itself. I rewrites itself!!!

He may not be a first rounder. He'll have to improve even more, and especially be more consistent.

Both of which I think he'll do. Staying for another year was a very good decision i believe. It'll be hard enough for him to have a sustainable NBA career, but one year of college should help him immensely in attaining that goal.

Actually, Bryant isn't thought of as a one and done. I've seen people talk about two or three years before he would have a shot at the NBA. And there are a handful of bigs coming into the league that are going to be tough for all teams. Last year, it was pretty much Hammons and Kaminsky as the best bigs in the league. Now there are going to be a few more. And as for Bryant, he provides IU exactly what they need, a big who can defend and get his own. I don't think AJ will dominate in the IU game as much as he did this past year. We should have the best backcourt in the league and no more holes in our lineup. We'll be a very tough team next year and have a chance at being VERY good if we can learn to play defense as a team, which I think Bryant really helps by just being in there.

Maryland, MSU, OSU, UM, IU, Purdue and Wisconsin should all be very good next year. The league will be very tough. But gotta think Maryland will be the hands down early on favorite to win the league with MSU right behind them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT