ADVERTISEMENT

Gray uniforms (photo)

BoilerBiker

All-American
Oct 13, 2006
don't look much different than regular black (?).
thought they'd be lighter gray with black name/numerals like bball uniforms, but whatever at least they aren't something completely terrible i guess.
CCUFbmgUkAA0riD.jpg:large

This post was edited on 4/11 10:00 AM by BoilerBiker

twitter

Yeah, I'm glad they tried something, but they don't really blow me away, just look like the all blacks only muted. Really just missing something like a gold highlight like was mentioned.

I like 'em....but I do agree with OhioBoiler about the gold outline for the numbers. That would make the jersey look even better.

Hate 'em
Our colors are Gold and Black.
Neither are on these unis.
Enough of the window dressing, thanks

I prefer our colors used in the unis...black and gold, but I am reminded every day that I am a dinosaur and hopelessly out of touch with today's young people.

I like em. I wish there was gold, but if there were it wouldnt be a different look which i very much appreciate.

Replace the gold on the helmet with white or something different and im on board.

Just don't unveil them against O$U...

Then take the field in your "sick" unis and go out and get beat by 45 points like we did with the black helmets 2 years ago. After that I would be content to wear black and white and not wear anything "cool" until they figure out what to put in the uniforms.

The attitude that wearing alternates causes losing or somehow detracts from winning is the poorest logic ive seen on this board.

The sports marketing people are destroying the program!!

The numbers are outlined in Black, for those who did not look closely, which really makes the white POP! I think this Uniform would be perfect if the helmet was gold. Not the current gold helmet, but a polished gold helmet with this gray uniform would be really fantastic.

I got nervous when they said gray because I thought it would look like the bball jerseys which I am not a fan of, but I think these jerseys look sharp.

OLD GOLD

I've said if before and I'll say it again...return to the old gold with our uniforms. Other teams such as Army and Missouri have it and it looks very good in person and on TV and they are Nike teams so there is no reason other than we have a marketing team and or football program that doesn't know our school colors! Simplest thing to fix and we can't get even get that right since Joe T. brought in his ugly Vegas Gold color to Purdue and West Lafayette!

Re: OLD GOLD

Originally posted by ghostoffatjack:
I've said if before and I'll say it again...return to the old gold with our uniforms. Other teams such as Army and Missouri have it and it looks very good in person and on TV and they are Nike teams so there is no reason other than we have a marketing team and or football program that doesn't know our school colors! Simplest thing to fix and we can't get even get that right since Joe T. brought in his ugly Vegas Gold color to Purdue and West Lafayette!
Totall agree. I was hoping the gray unis would be a good time to try that out at least for the numbers. Purdue wont pay for a third helmet. They would be much more likely to use the black one and order special stickers with old gold. It would look much much better than white.

Re: Full disclosure... Colletto brought the Vegas Gold with pants first.

You have to go back to the 1970's which was the last time, I believe, we have the correct old gold color combination of helmets and pants the same..... and they looked absolutely striking on a sunny day!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT