ADVERTISEMENT

Gotta like this Caleb quote...

punaj

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Liberty, KY
From the story on the homepage where he also says very nice things about Vince.

"I'll be there as long as it takes me to develop. But I'm always going to work toward one-and-done. You always want to work toward that," he said. "We want to work toward a national championship. If it doesn't work out that way, I'll be back another year. It's not like I'm going to force myself out."​

"I'll be there as long as it takes me to develop. But I'm always going to work toward one-and-done. You always want to work toward that," he said. "We want to work toward a national championship. If it doesn't work out that way, I'll be back another year. It's not like I'm going to force myself out."​
I really love his dedication and determination. Whether we get a NT with him or not, I truly think this him coming to Purdue is a program changing moment.

I really love his dedication and determination. Whether we get a NT with him or not, I truly think this him coming to Purdue is a program changing moment.

We just have to follow it up on the court, but especially on the recruiting trail. Strike while the iron is hot. No more Patrick Bade's or Travis Carrol's or Jacob Lawson's. Good kids, great kids actually, just not high caliber basketball players.

We just have to follow it up on the court, but especially on the recruiting trail. Strike while the iron is hot. No more Patrick Bade's or Travis Carrol's or Jacob Lawson's. Good kids, great kids actually, just not high caliber basketball players.

100% agree that we need to continue this good recruiting streak. I would say that it really started 3 years ago with the RayDavis and AJ class, and has continued each year. I want to see a great 2017 class coming in.

That said, we need to realise that every sucessful program has their share of busts. Just take a look at some of the 4 & 5 star players that went to MSU, UNC, UK, etc. Note how many names you never heard from again. It happens every year to supposed studs that turn into duds.

:cool:

Agree. Nothing against those young men but we want to see more VE/Swanigan/AJH type of players. Seems recruiting is headed in the right direction and we need to keep the momentum going.

Reactions: BBG

I really like everything I've heard Caleb say since he committed. He seems very inclined to work hard. Is there a better thing, especially at Purdue, than a 5 star player who's determined and dedicated to working hard?

He's also mentioned the NC several times. I think it's always good to set the highest possible goals. RD seems to have so much character and determination also. I'm convinced this year is going to be special.

I really like everything I've heard Caleb say since he committed. He seems very inclined to work hard. Is there a better thing, especially at Purdue, than a 5 star player who's determined and dedicated to working hard?

He's also mentioned the NC several times. I think it's always good to set the highest possible goals. RD seems to have so much character and determination also. I'm convinced this year is going to be special.
What many people don't realize is that not all 5 stars are prima donnas, they had to work extremely hard to get to where they are at and Biggie is a great example of that. Not saying you think they are, but that seems to be a pretty popular sentiment around here.

Purdue had mid major guys all over the bench in the past. There is only one or none next season it will be special.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT