ADVERTISEMENT

Good for George Lucas

GMM

All-American
Oct 29, 2001
You almost never see this happen:

Lucas, the Star Wars creator is offering his own property in west Marin County off Lucas Valley Road near Novato for the project, with plans for a community of 224 homes right where neighbors said no to his studio expansion.

"He said 'we've got enough millionaires here. What we need is some houses for regular working people,'" Lucas' lawyer Gary Giacomini said.

Lucas says he will pay for the project himself.

Now, if only we could get the rest of the phonies on the left to pay for things with their own money. You know, the things they say are wonderful and will benefit everybody and truly great investments. Gotta give credit to Lucas. Don't expect to see a lot of people following in his footsteps but I can hope can't I?

George Lucas Planning Payback

Won't last

But I'm glad he did it so those who think it was a good idea will learn from his mistake.

Out there maybe affordable housing is $750,000.00 per unit. He is being kind to the little people.

The horror!

Now he is going to have 3500 job applications to review instead of only 400. vbg

You almost never see this happen:

Lucas, the Star Wars creator is offering his own property in west Marin County off Lucas Valley Road near Novato for the project, with plans for a community of 224 homes right where neighbors said no to his studio expansion.

"He said 'we've got enough millionaires here. What we need is some houses for regular working people,'" Lucas' lawyer Gary Giacomini said.

Lucas says he will pay for the project himself.

Now, if only we could get the rest of the phonies on the left to pay for things with their own money. You know, the things they say are wonderful and will benefit everybody and truly great investments. Gotta give credit to Lucas. Don't expect to see a lot of people following in his footsteps but I can hope can't I?

George Lucas Planning Payback
He's also completely funding a huge museum in Chicago. He's really giving a lot right now. Good for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT