ADVERTISEMENT

God

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will hath mercy and whom he will he hardens

Thou wilt say unto me, why does he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Nay but, oh man who art thou that replies against God? Shall the thing formed say unto the thing that formed it " why has thou made me this way?"

Romans chapter 9
Ok, well, I'll just move along. Answering my questions......or not answering them, by quoting scripture......which was written by men, isn't really furthering the discussion.

, well, I'll just move along. Answering my questions......or not answering them, by quoting scripture......which was written by men, isn't really furthering the discussion.
I apologize Bob I was just hoping you would have read the chapter I quoted in the bible that answers your questions . So here goes the fansince72 version. Yes , I do believe that my life was predetermined, predestined. I am who I am. I am the person God made me to be. My death is predetermined also. I am of low esteem, a simple man.

Yes I have free will to reject the Lord , hopefully I will not. Peter denied the Lord 3 times before the cock crowed. I have rejected my sinful nature and trust in what jesus did on the cross .That my sins are forgiven because of what he did for us.

As far as whether man can be blamed, it all goes back to the garden. Satan deceived Adam and Eve and as a result of that 1st sin, mankind became sinful. So yes by the original sin of Adam we became inherently sinful.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
I apologize Bob I was just hoping you would have read the chapter I quoted in the bible that answers your questions . So here goes the fansince72 version. Yes , I do believe that my life was predetermined, predestined. I am who I am. I am the person God made me to be. My death is predetermined also. I am of low esteem, a simple man.

Yes I have free will to reject the Lord , hopefully I will not. Peter denied the Lord 3 times before the cock crowed. I have rejected my sinful nature and trust in what jesus did on the cross .That my sins are forgiven because of what he did for us.

As far as whether man can be blamed, it all goes back to the garden. Satan deceived Adam and Eve and as a result of that 1st sin, mankind became sinful. So yes by the original sin of Adam we became inherently sinful.
How can your life be predetermined and yet you still have free will?

If true, you may think you have free will but the reality is God has already decided what your decisions will be.

It wasn't your choice to be saved, that was already part of the plan. It wasn't your choice to murder, that was already decided.

I will never follow a religion that says a child is predetermined to die a horrible death.......and after it happens we are left to step back and say it was just part of God's plan. Don't have to understand why.......we don't get the opportunity to understand why....... just accept that it was supposed to happen. It's a great way to cover all the bases, mike drop. Can't argue with God's plan.

If my people which are called by my name,will humble themselves, pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear in heaven and heal their land.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
That's right. The world needs more people to ask why and reflect rather than be certain that they're correct.
Whatever the conclusion, reflection is good. I do think too many think "the image" of God is a physical appearance rather than all the possibilities that an "image" could describe other than physical? Either way, I think reflection is always good!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT