ADVERTISEMENT

"Go-to" reciever

boilerpt

All-American
May 2, 2003
I can't wait until we have a new primary target for Blough. Yancey leaves so much to be desired...average at best hands, gives up on the play as soon as he feels he has reason to believe a flag should be thrown, and lacks the toughness/aggressiveness to go Get the ball instead of waiting for it to fall into his hands.

Yeah, I feel bad for Young. He had really grown, and was looking at a big year going forward.

Kind of unfair to just pick on Yancey. We lack talent and effort all over the field. Blough is a scatter arm. OL weak and slow no run game at all and can't pass protect. Front 7 on defense does nothing and if they do make it to position to make a tackle they get blown up by a RB for 8 more yards. DBs are small and lost. The rebuild is going to be long much bigger problems than a single player.

I agree we lack talent all over the field. Yancey stands out to me because he often fails to give much effort, and consistently plays extremely soft. I'd love to see Landers, or someone, get a shot.

Don't disagree at all. They should empty the bench, going to lose by 30-40 points regardless. Not like the starters have earned any kind of extended minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT