ADVERTISEMENT

First day of WBB practice: Media availability videos

Impressive interview with young Mary Ashley Stevenson. Seems mature beyond her years, extremely well-spoken, insightful - if her bball IQ and play is on that same level, look out! Best interview of the 3 players. Also I love JT’s confidence and self awareness of her need to be a leader both on the floor and within the team.

KG knows we have to have some freshmen step up this year and provide depth to a veteran core group of players. But she is very much hesitant to say any names - and understandably so considering she doesn’t want to put any added pressure on them. But the development of both MA and Jones in the post and at the point are going to be crucial in our efforts to build depth. MA come from a great family. She’s very smart - her private high school in New York she graduated from has a stellar reputation of producing high achieving scholars.

KG knows we have to have some freshmen step up this year and provide depth to a veteran core group of players. But she is very much hesitant to say any names - and understandably so considering she doesn’t want to put any added pressure on them. But the development of both MA and Jones in the post and at the point are going to be crucial in our efforts to build depth. MA come from a great family. She’s very smart - her private high school in New York she graduated from has a stellar reputation of producing high achieving scholars.
I agree with that. If Mary Ashley and Jones can turn into reliable pieces off the bench, Purdue is going to be in a good spot.

Will be interested to see if MA can play herself into a starting role at the 4.

Reactions: DocRon
I agree with that. If Mary Ashley and Jones can turn into reliable pieces off the bench, Purdue is going to be in a good spot.

Will be interested to see if MA can play herself into a starting role at the 4.
Since we really only have her and Caitlyn Harper for posts I don't think you can afford to start them both. This is one of the reasons the loss of Learn could really impact this team.

Reactions: DocRon
Since we really only have her and Caitlyn Harper for posts I don't think you can afford to start them both. This is one of the reasons the loss of Learn could really impact this team.
I think you can put Mila Reynolds in that conversation too. Alaina Harper to a lesser extent, but she should still get reserve minutes here and there.

I think you can put Mila Reynolds in that conversation too. Alaina Harper to a lesser extent, but she should still get reserve minutes here and there.
Didn't Mila leave MD because she didn't want to be a post player?

I hadn’t heard that. But you look at her frame, 6’3” and strong, she’s going to have to be a 4/5 for this team. I do admit, she’s more versatile than Caitlyn Harper, which could lead her to more minutes at the four.
I thought I read that was part of why she picked Purdue, we had three returning posts and a freshman post incoming when she made the choice, and only one returning forward if that's where you place Madison.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT