ADVERTISEMENT

Don't know if we'll ever see this again

That’s Iowa’s style of football. And their fans love it! They look at their record rather than fantasy offense stats. By winning ugly, they end up with a nice record, their players are high nfl draft picks and they go to a nice bowl game every single year. What’s not to like. And no , they don’t redshirt every player and no, not all of their starters are seniors! There have been a few juniors and sophomores that started and a couple of true freshmen that played significant minutes. Fans tend to provide myths without much research

Reactions: GolfHacker1
That’s Iowa’s style of football. And their fans love it! They look at their record rather than fantasy offense stats. By winning ugly, they end up with a nice record, their players are high nfl draft picks and they go to a nice bowl game every single year. What’s not to like. And no , they don’t redshirt every player and no, not all of their starters are seniors! There have been a few juniors and sophomores that started and a couple of true freshmen that played significant minutes. Fans tend to provide myths without much research
Most teams' fans prefer to be 7-2 rather than 2-7. There's a big difference between being ranked with a bad offense and one that is literally the worst in college football. And I may be wrong, but if you're on the worst offense in college football, it probably hurts your draft prospects in the NFL, which may explain why two Iowa offensive stars have recently transferred to Purdue.

I didn't post this as a knock against Iowa, I'm just amazed that a team can be 7 -2 and ranked w/ an offense ranked dead last in college football

Most teams' fans prefer to be 7-2 rather than 2-7. There's a big difference between being ranked with a bad offense and one that is literally the worst in college football. And I may be wrong, but if you're on the worst offense in college football, it probably hurts your draft prospects in the NFL, which may explain why two Iowa offensive stars have recently transferred to Purdue.
Van ness and Laporta were both drafted long before any Purdue name was mentioned! Van ness didn’t even start at iowa and was still a first round pick! And historically Iowa always produces top nfl draft picks!

Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT