ADVERTISEMENT

Define success please

I would like it to be...

National Championship at least once in a generation.

Final Four at least once every 5 to 8 years.

Win the B1G at least once every 4 years, and never finish below 4th in the B1G (stole that one from Bo).

A banner every 4 years. A banner is a final 4, B1G conference title or a B1G tournament win.

Matt has 2 in 10 years and I do not see the next one....thus the concern.

I know we won the Big Ten Tourney one year. What is the other one?

If it was a conference title, was it a co-conference title that we shared? Because if it was a shared conference title, as far as I'm concerned, not a lot of pride in that. If it's not an outright title, it shouldn't count.

Originally posted by zigybean:
Making it through the summer with nothing to watch on TV but golf and baseball.
+1 I can handle these sports in small doses, but it's a LONG summer.

Setting a goal, and either meeting or exceeding said goal.
I believe Matt Painter has already defined success.........."At the end of the day, my heart is at Purdue, and this is a place where I want to win a national championship."

I just looked it up myself. In 2010, we were co-champs with Michigan State and Ohio State.... barely, barely, not really banner worthy.

That's 100% kissing your sister; We shout out in celebration, "We're the Champs!! Yeah, Baby, we're the best, No. 1, Baby!! Well,... with these two other schools..... co-champs.

As far as I'm concerned: That's one "real, pride-filed" banner in 10 years. We still need two more.

Originally posted by vilehoopster:
I know we won the Big Ten Tourney one year. What is the other one?

If it was a conference title, was it a co-conference title that we shared? Because if it was a shared conference title, as far as I'm concerned, not a lot of pride in that. If it's not an outright title, it shouldn't count.

Yea. Forget the fact that you beat all 10 (at the time) other teams.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by BBG:
Originally posted by nat100:

Going one full night without having to pee.
Might want to see a doctor...
I know right? He said something about reducing my beer intake ... But I stopped listening at that point. Must of been an IU grad...
I thought all IU doctors were proctologists... for obvious reasons.

Purdue can't control who other teams lose to. If PU beats who they need to and others also win some games and both finish #1 in B1G, then it is still a championship. So even if PU wins, they lose by your logic. So only PU can win more games than others? We will see more split champs now that they don't play every team twice.

Per John Wooden:
Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.

Winning record each year, win at least one game in the NCAA tourney each year, go to final 4 once every 8 years, win NCAA tourney every 25 years

I know right? He said something about reducing my beer intake ... But I stopped listening at that point. Must of been an IU grad...
You know .. that would explain quite a bit....

Originally posted by walstib816:
A banner every 4 years. A banner is a final 4, B1G conference title or a B1G tournament win.

Matt has 2 in 10 years and I do not see the next one....thus the concern.
Might want to see a doctor.

Even if we win I don't want to hang a banner. Look at IU and what I see is how
Long it's been since they were relevant.
I would much rather we have pictures of footprints on the Moon.
This post was edited on 4/15 1:07 PM by Heller

woggy718[/URL] --
Yea. Forget the fact that you beat all 10 (at the time) other teams.

Wow, I had no idea that the 2010 Co-Champs were undefeated that season in the Big 10. So if they never lost "beat all 10," why were they Co-Champs with two other teams. Or would I be correct in assuming that the three Co-champs had the same number of conference wins and losses?

Cflory 42

Purdue can't control who other teams lose to. If PU beats who they need to and others also win some games and both finish #1 in B1G, then it is still a championship.

What do you mean "Purdue can't control who other teams lose to." Can't Purdue control if those "other teams" lose to Purdue?

I stand by my original claim: a Co-championship isn't banner-worthy. Painter has won one legit banner in his years at Purdue.

Originally posted by Kesselschmiede:

You know .. that would explain quite a bit....
So wait, are you trolling me or just really concerned about my innards?

Originally posted by FLAG HUNTER:

Winning record each year, win at least one game in the NCAA tourney each year, go to final 4 once every 8 years, win NCAA tourney every 25 years
Seems reasonable. Almost impossible to win an NCAA game EVERY year, but I like the rest. I'd say make the NCAA tournament 9/10 years.

yeah , but I like to think that Purdue should make the NCAA every year and by winning at least one game each year that would show we are a good tourney team, just my thoughts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT