ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Dakich is an Idiot

hqdefault.jpg

SuperSam
@samkometmania ·
2h2 hours ago

Caleb Swanigan has been committed to Purdue!!! Go Crazy Boiler Nation!!
#BoilerUp @PurdueBball @PurdueSports @LifeAtPurdue

Then:

SuperSam@samkometmania ·
1h1 hour ago

Note the Swanigan news isn't official yet but I'm hoping he goes to Purdue

Travis has nothing but praise for Brian and what he does with GBI, has said so many times. He does get emotional with his content at times, but who among us doesn't get carried away occaisionally when discussing our sports programs. He is passionate about Purdue and we all should at least respect that. The other writers are pretty good imo. I really like the fans who post there and spend more time on those forums than here. One huge difference, much less discussion about IU.......which I find to be refreshing. I think a lot of the IU BS that goes on here is much more embarrassing than the H&R site. Just my opinion. Prepared for the incoming.

Did anybody listen to hos show and see if the poster in this thread was actually him? Just curious.

Dan of course has more connections than most...in this case I wonder if his information is coming from the Michigan State (Fife) camp, or Purdue.

It's hilarious that people are comparing a fan blog to a paid-for news site like GBI.

Of course H&R's "reporting" is different from GBI. It's a fan blog for fans to discuss what's going on in Purdue athletics. One thing is for sure, the comments sections on H&R are nothing like the idiotic IU-obsessed cesspool that is this free board.

Dakich was being a tool. Travis was being a child. They both have embarrassed themselves this last week. But that doesn't make H&R a bad site to visit, and I can't fathom why people are trying to hold it to the same lofty standard as GBI. Nobody gives a shit that the guys at Boiled Sports posts sarcastic and emotional articles because it's a fan blog. H&R is also a fan blog. It's not GBI.

It's hilarious that people are comparing a fan blog to a paid-for news site like GBI.

Of course H&R's "reporting" is different from GBI. It's a fan blog for fans to discuss what's going on in Purdue athletics. One thing is for sure, the comments sections on H&R are nothing like the idiotic IU-obsessed cesspool that is this free board.

Dakich was being a tool. Travis was being a child. They both have embarrassed themselves this last week. But that doesn't make H&R a bad site to visit, and I can't fathom why people are trying to hold it to the same lofty standard as GBI. Nobody gives a shit that the guys at Boiled Sports posts sarcastic and emotional articles because it's a fan blog. H&R is also a fan blog. It's not GBI.
Yes. it SHOULD BE only a fan blog. The writing and information on that site are on that level and a lot of times worse than other fan blogs out there. But he gets press credentials and tries to run it like it's more than that. The fact that it's part of SBNation media network doesn't help either because he and his tweets get recognition from actual media outlets. A fan blog about the ramblings of a Purdue idiot is one thing but this is an actual revenue generating site which is part of a network of sites which style themselves as sports writers who are part of a media network. This is basically the same thing that Dakick does too just for a different network, yell really loud dumb things for attention so that people will fall for their click bait and give them attention. Which we've done. If they knew what was good for each they would continue to keep this feud going in attempt to make them both relevant. Can we just close this thread now?

Yes. it SHOULD BE only a fan blog. The writing and information on that site are on that level and a lot of times worse than other fan blogs out there. But he gets press credentials and tries to run it like it's more than that. The fact that it's part of SBNation media network doesn't help either because he and his tweets get recognition from actual media outlets. A fan blog about the ramblings of a Purdue idiot is one thing but this is an actual revenue generating site which is part of a network of sites which style themselves as sports writers who are part of a media network. This is basically the same thing that Dakick does too just for a different network, yell really loud dumb things for attention so that people will fall for their click bait and give them attention. Which we've done. If they knew what was good for each they would continue to keep this feud going in attempt to make them both relevant. Can we just close this thread now?

WTF?! Live and let live. Who cares if he gets press credentials? Who cares if he gets recognized by media outlets (probably because he's a good source of consolidated derivative information)?

Reactions: Indy_Rider
WTF?! Live and let live. Who cares if he gets press credentials? Who cares if he gets recognized by media outlets (probably because he's a good source of consolidated derivative information)?

The fact of the matter is - he may get credentials and I guess that gives him more access, but that doesn't mean you get more information. Purdue wants to keep him on their good side and he can be a mouthpiece for Purdue. Obviously he is probably not going to get a call from a Purdue source about important information, so I doubt he really gets much, if any, true insider access/information.

The fact of the matter is - he may get credentials and I guess that gives him more access, but that doesn't mean you get more information. Purdue wants to keep him on their good side and he can be a mouthpiece for Purdue. Obviously he is probably not going to get a call from a Purdue source about important information, so I doubt he really gets much, if any, true insider access/information.

That sure doesn't stop him from writing his puff pieces.

It seems this is a win-win for Dan D. If Swanigan goes to Purdue, he gets the glory of being right. Which for us narcissists is a great thing.;) If he is wrong, he can easily spin out of it with some story about how dirty Fort Wayne recruiting is, handlers, ect - a storyline he has been pitching for a while. Not to mention that he will have helped his Iu friends have a great laugh at the Boiler fans who got their hopes up for nothing. I think at this point they will do anything to take the sting off of being a remarkable 4-8 against the good guys in the last 7 years.

It seems this is a win-win for Dan D. If Swanigan goes to Purdue, he gets the glory of being right. Which for us narcissists is a great thing.;) If he is wrong, he can easily spin out of it with some story about how dirty Fort Wayne recruiting is, handlers, ect - a storyline he has been pitching for a while. Not to mention that he will have helped his Iu friends have a great laugh at the Boiler fans who got their hopes up for nothing. I think at this point they will do anything to take the sting off of being a remarkable 4-8 against the good guys in the last 7 years.

I'm curious, what started the whole dirty recruiting in Ft Wayne from Dakich?

That's a good question. Maybe D Thomas? There have been some good football recruits in town but few basketball recruits going high major. Let's see, he would have been a college recruiter in the early 2000's, right? Maybe another Fort Wayne native can help. Or maybe it is more unsubstantiated Danny D drivel.

Dackich had no choice buy to kick the guys off. Failed drug tests and failed classes is what got the guys kicked off. The NCAA was snooping around because of the Sampson violations and would have declared the guys ineligible regardless of what Dackich did. Save some face for IU is all Dan did. IU made it look like they voluntarily cleaned house. Not so.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Yeah? Its not like Dakich hasnt been telling the story for the last 7 years.

He certainly hasn't told the story THAT way. No one has....well, until now.

That fact of the matter is that the kids were going to be ineligible anyway by IUs standards. DD just got out in front of it and loves to take credit for it. The NCAA would never have been involved in that aspect, never would have gotten to that point.

That's a good question. Maybe D Thomas? There have been some good football recruits in town but few basketball recruits going high major. Let's see, he would have been a college recruiter in the early 2000's, right? Maybe another Fort Wayne native can help. Or maybe it is more unsubstantiated Danny D drivel.

Hey what's shaking Frankie, and all. I'm not a native of the Fort but have lived here for past 20+ years.. that said from the little i've 'heard' it stems from some sort of AAU-type sleaze / handlers hanging around. Ya know.. "impressiaros"

Reactions: Frankie611
Hey what's shaking Frankie, and all. I'm not a native of the Fort but have lived here for past 20+ years.. that said from the little i've 'heard' it stems from some sort of AAU-type sleaze / handlers hanging around. Ya know.. "impressiaros"
Swanigan, Blackmon, Beachem, Scott, Davis, Thomas, I don't know much before that. I don't recall much controversy around any of them, except Blackmon and Swanigan. But even those seem like a simple decommit and hopefully in Caleb's case, a recommit to a new school.

That fact of the matter is that the kids were going to be ineligible anyway by IUs standards. DD just got out in front of it and loves to take credit for it. The NCAA would never have been involved in that aspect, never would have gotten to that point.
Fact is Dan kicked them off and Crean reinstated them. There is no argument about that.

If you live in the Fort Wayne area, I'm sure you've seen the initials....AWP. Do some research on those guys.

ratliff?? that dude was so messed up that sampson actually kicked him off... not sure who you could possibly be talking about.

Court, sometimes you amaze even me. IU's standards are no different than UK, Tennessee, MSU, OSU, etc. When Mike Davis, the Village Idiot came aboard, he complained to the University that the rules put in by Bob Knight and his AD (which were more strict than the NCAA's) were hampering him in getting "his kind of recruits" to the University and asked that the standards be lowered to match the NCAA. It was granted and the basketball program was dumbed down, and that is fact. Which is the only way he or Kelvin Sampson got some of their recruits into the program, and I'd guess it's how Two Tone is doing the same today.

It's much easier to recruit to IU academically today than it was Davis' first year as head coach.

If you live in the Fort Wayne area, I'm sure you've seen the initials....AWP. Do some research on those guys.
TD2.... AWP (Athletes With Purpose) is a pretty good group (my son was involved with them). There is no "sleaze" among that group that I aware or ever heard of. They work groups of all ages & several of the FW athletes that have made it to the pros come back & train there. They are more affiliated with football then any other sport. Though they do training for all sports.

Court, sometimes you amaze even me. IU's standards are no different than UK, Tennessee, MSU, OSU, etc. When Mike Davis, the Village Idiot came aboard, he complained to the University that the rules put in by Bob Knight and his AD (which were more strict than the NCAA's) were hampering him in getting "his kind of recruits" to the University and asked that the standards be lowered to match the NCAA. It was granted and the basketball program was dumbed down, and that is fact. Which is the only way he or Kelvin Sampson got some of their recruits into the program, and I'd guess it's how Two Tone is doing the same today.

It's much easier to recruit to IU academically today than it was Davis' first year as head coach.

i've officially heard it all... that is probably the most ridiculously laughable post in ten years of following these boards. i'm 100% serious. i have rarely posted anything over the years but this is a post that can't be ignored. you can't possibly believe this stuff right?

Reactions: dal9
i've officially heard it all... that is probably the most ridiculously laughable post in ten years of following these boards. i'm 100% serious. i have rarely posted anything over the years but this is a post that can't be ignored. you can't possibly believe this stuff right?
10 years of following these boards but you only registered in 2012 and have 2 posts? Yeah, I call BS.

10 years of following these boards but you only registered in 2012 and have 2 posts? Yeah, I call BS.

started following recruiting, mainly peegs, my senior year of h.s 2004. i've had a few different log in names, bc i could never remember names or pw's. this post by twin degrees is an all-timer i tell ya.

started following recruiting, mainly peegs, my senior year of h.s 2004. i've had a few different log in names, bc i could never remember names or pw's. this post by twin degrees is an all-timer i tell ya.
All you have to do is a bit of research and you'll eat your words. I'd do it for you, but you probably need the practice since you're posting here and you'll be eating a lot of crow.

I have never heard this story, and neither have you. You are second only to Heller in making it up as you go. Bottom line is my post was spot on...those kids with grade and drug issues were going bye bye via the University long before the NCAA would ever need to get involved. Oh, and nice attempt at a shot regarding admissions standards being equivalent to SEC schools. If true you just indicted PU as well. But unlike you, I know better.
Guess what....as I said to your brother...do some research. Maybe the two of you can go to Starbucks and have a Latte` together and use their wifi to look for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT