ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Dakich is an Idiot

No Just DONE with him after his derogatory comments about Purdue fans on his twitter handle....go check it out. All Purdue fans should be DONE with him.

For one below........ -- but there are 2-3 other gems there in his tweets.....
Dan Dakich Quotes @DanDakichSays · May 8
"I may fund a Purdue blog site that doesn't have complete idiots on it."

Last edited:
No Just DONE with him after his derogatory comments about Purdue fans on his twitter handle....go check it out. All Purdue fans should be DONE with him.

Was it Purdue fans or Travis miller he went after?

Jockitch says just enough complimentary things about Purdue to keep Purdue guys listening to him. However his homer side comes out and you can feel the arrogance. He wants Clappy's job. But like I've said before if he's so damn smart why isn't he coaching now? If we get CS I'm still not convinced.

Reactions: JMR and *4purdue*
Jockitch says just enough complimentary things about Purdue to keep Purdue guys listening to him. However his homer side comes out and you can feel the arrogance. He wants Clappy's job. But like I've said before if he's so damn smart why isn't he coaching now? If we get CS I'm still not convinced.
I think he's enjoying his life out of coaching. He makes good money and he's home a lot with his kids. If he wanted a job he could get one in coaching.

I think he's enjoying his life out of coaching. He makes good money and he's home a lot with his kids. If he wanted a job he could get one in coaching.
Lol... His son is in college and his daughter lives with her mom. He would jump so fast at the opportunity to coach again, especially at IU.

Lol... His son is in college and his daughter lives with her mom. He would jump so fast at the opportunity to coach again, especially at IU.
So you are assuming he doesn't see his daughter. And yes, his son is in college but I seem to,remember spending time with my kids when they were in college. Particularly tough to do,when you spend all your free time recruiting.

I'm sure he sees his daughter, but he also spends a lot of time away with his job. Maybe your right, but I always had the impression with him that it's sour grapes that he didn't get the IU job. Like I said, I think he's an idiot that treats people bad and thinks most people are below him. But that's just my impressions of him from when I use to listen to him. I haven't paid much attention to him the last few years, other than the games he does, so maybe he's changed. I don't follow him on Twitter, but his quote the other night was retweeted and I picked up on it, and felt it was probably accurate, since he has connections to the game. I guess we will find out in a few days whether or not he was just spouting off or not.

Just wanted to see how many LIKES this post gets.
Ya, but you're on here talking about him, so I'd say he's pretty successful at his job. Dakich, like most ex-coaches, make much better commentators than the East-Coast pundits that make a living with a handful of pre-planned talking points.

I'm sure he sees his daughter, but he also spends a lot of time away with his job. Maybe your right, but I always had the impression with him that it's sour grapes that he didn't get the IU job. Like I said, I think he's an idiot that treats people bad and thinks most people are below him. But that's just my impressions of him from when I use to listen to him. I haven't paid much attention to him the last few years, other than the games he does, so maybe he's changed. I don't follow him on Twitter, but his quote the other night was retweeted and I picked up on it, and felt it was probably accurate, since he has connections to the game. I guess we will find out in a few days whether or not he was just spouting off or not.
I think the sour grapes are that Dakich cleaned up the IU program, Crean came in and reinstated the players, then ended up having to kick them off anyway. The bad blood as I see it is Crean, not IU.

Reactions: Hoogolf
Ya, but you're on here talking about him, so I'd say he's pretty successful at his job. Dakich, like most ex-coaches, make much better commentators than the East-Coast pundits that make a living with a handful of pre-planned talking points.

Well as a Boiler myself I do not tolerate people that post negative things about the Boilermakers fans. If you want to fine.....some people just like abuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: IndyRider
I believe Dakick's daughter goes to Zionsville and his former wife is out of state, so they probably spend a decent amount of time together. He may be bitter but seems to be enjoying the way things have worked out. He is complimentary of Purdue and typically negative comments are not much different from this boards consensus.

Dakich is an idiot for saying Swanigan is coming to Purdue? He has always been reasonably fair in his coverage of Purdue.

I laughed when I saw people get excited about Swanigan coming to Purdue after Dakich's tweet. Original poster is correct. Dakich works now in the media but he is not a journalist. Obviously Dakich posted that tweet without any knowledge whatsoever. I applaud Purdue fans for calling his show and giving him the business for basically lying. Even if Swanigan comes to Purdue. Dakich had no knowledge if it happens.

I am in Indianapolis. I hear quips from his show off the station. Dakich is a freaking Homer to the extreme. To the point of coming off like an idiot. An example. After the Colts cut Trent Richardson which I think everyone agrees was a bust trade. Dakich was saying it was not a bust trade as the Colts gave up a 1st rd draft choice but they did not have to pay his contract. Cleveland did. Then Dakich went on saying how no one knows if the pick used for Richardson would have panned out anyway. It could have been a bust pick etc... While that is true. I beg to differ based on this fact. The 1st RB taken in last years draft was early in the 2nd rd by the Bengals. That pick was RB Jeremy Hill. So imagine if the Colts don't trade for Trent. They need a RB and Hill was taken around same time last year Colts would have been drafting. If Hill who looks like a 3 down back had been drafted by the colts. That trade looks awful. Which it was...

But Dakich constantly makes these kind of Homer comments. Just like the Purdue Swanigan tweet. Get interest in his show from area fans. Dakich has no credibility whatsoever and best to ignore him.

Reactions: IndyRider
I think the sour grapes are that Dakich cleaned up the IU program, Crean came in and reinstated the players, then ended up having to kick them off anyway. The bad blood as I see it is Crean, not IU.
How can you say he cleaned up the program? Wasn't he only there for like a month? I think Crean cleaned up the program. He can't coach, but he did get rid of all the bad apples they had from Sampson.

How can you say he cleaned up the program? Wasn't he only there for like a month? I think Crean cleaned up the program. He can't coach, but he did get rid of all the bad apples they had from Sampson.
Dackich had no choice buy to kick the guys off. Failed drug tests and failed classes is what got the guys kicked off. The NCAA was snooping around because of the Sampson violations and would have declared the guys ineligible regardless of what Dackich did. Save some face for IU is all Dan did. IU made it look like they voluntarily cleaned house. Not so.

Not a homer or hater..just told you what is happening w Swanigan..as to the IU deal..it's fun to read things posted by people without even a fraction of knowledge of the situation.. All I can tell you is what I know.. Rip me believe me doesn't matter

Btw.. My daughter lives with me and the one guy is right my ex wife moved away...u guys kill me..acting like you know something..funny stuff..thanks for the entertainment..also this 4purdue guy or girl is a complete idiot..makes the rest look bad

Btw.. My daughter lives with me and the one guy is right my ex wife moved away...u guys kill me..acting like you know something..funny stuff..thanks for the entertainment..also this 4purdue guy or girl is a complete idiot..makes the rest look bad

Is it really you Dan? I somehow doubt it but I'll play...

Honestly, I really respect you. I don't think you're an anti-Purdue guy and are really quite the opposite. I'd also love a call in slot on your show....hahaha. Brown nosing over with--- with Swannigan...how do you know this is a lock? The knowns have been pretty well flushed out....what's the source? Where's the new info?

I also think it's on your best interest to not battle clowns in social media or message boards. That said, T Mill is a know nothing clown that has taken his obsession with Purdue sports and failed miserably to turn it into something credible. Why even mess with him? Actual knowledgeable fans wouldn't be caught dead over there on his gossip rag

I actually listen to Dan a lot....You know if you listen to him, he does make sense at times, I may not always agree with what he says, but guess what its his SHOW, he can say what he wants. Do I think he got screwed at IU, well yes.......So had a lot of people lately, he was the first one #CREANED# so I quess I would be pissed too. If he says Swanigan is a lock or done or whatever fine if hes wrong we will let him know, so for right now lets say hes right. So heres my question for Dan "What do you think of Johnny Hill?"
Yes Dan can be a dick, but he also gives credit to Purdue alot, more than anyone else in the Media.
Long story short GO PURDUE!!!!!

No. No. No. Crean invited back the bad apples that Dakich got rid of. That team was full of them. Eric Gordon stated as much in an interview the following year.

Completely agree. While I still think jockitch is a douche, Travis Miller and H&R is an embarrassment to the Boiler nation.

Somebody care to explain to me why the hatred toward the guy running the Purdue blog? I have often read it to get information. Sure, it is one guy's opinion, so what? He seems a pretty strong supporter of the programs and he is welcome to his opinions. Why are folks calling him names? "Embarrasment to the Boiler Nation", WTF?

:cool:

Reactions: BandofBoilers
Miller and his crew chronically under-research their stories. Also, the whole crying bit that he posted on youtube was a bit much.

Also, he is credentialed and a part of SB nation. It should be more than a fanboy blog.

Reactions: Dr_billy_badass
Miller and his crew chronically under-research their stories. Also, the whole crying bit that he posted on youtube was a bit much.

Also, he is credentialed and a part of SB nation. It should be more than a fanboy blog.
I have read his stuff a few times. He didn't seem too well informed. He also used to post here quite a bit and didn't care much for him. After his whole videoing himself crying bit, I lost all respect for the guy. I haven't looked at his site since then. He might be better now, but I could never take him serious. I don't hate him or think he's an embarrassment to Purdue, but I don't trust anything he says. I'd take him over Dakich any day of the week, though.

Hes a fanboy blogger. Thats fine. He attempts to project himself as something else.

Somebody care to explain to me why the hatred toward the guy running the Purdue blog? I have often read it to get information. Sure, it is one guy's opinion, so what? He seems a pretty strong supporter of the programs and he is welcome to his opinions. Why are folks calling him names? "Embarrasment to the Boiler Nation", WTF?

:cool:
Read the 3 posts just above this. They nail it. Everything he does is poorly researched and basically a rip from info that you can get for free here or for $99 a year on the paid site. What's so journalistic in that? He writes super emotionally....so much so that his point is often lost...along with the integrity of the article. I feel that he is overly critical and negative towards facets of the program/specific sports when he doesn't understand how the operate and what they are trying to achieve (I think that can be said for a lot of folks on here though). That said, those folks aren't trying to run a weblog trying to be informative on Purdue sports.

Again many if not all of you are missing the point of this....this is NOT about some Travis miller guy?- and his blog site.

What it is about is that Dakich has on his twitter feed some anti Purdue stuff. That is anti BOILER. THAT is anti US! When he says the following it refers to BOILERS AS IDIOTS - it is plural. IT means that he is calling all or at least a lot of BOILERS idiots - not one guy, but BOILERS plural. Now if you want to tolerate Dakich calling you & your fellow Boilers idiots, fine. I do not tolerate it & will not tolerate it, and am done with him.

"I may fund a Purdue blog site that doesn't have complete idiots on it

"Purdue fans never disappoint ..Give them GREAT NEWS and they twist it..amazing but not surprising"

These are just two examples of the negativism about Boilers fans on his twitter feed. He clearly is talking about more than one guy. I do not understand why this needed such explaining. It is not only some Miler guy Dakich is slapping in the face here, it is a lot of BOILERS plural.

Thus, I will no longer listen to or follow him...I am done with him. If you wish to tolerate statements that are clearly anti Purdue, then fine do so. I will stick up for everything Purdue and BOILER land everywhere, and boycott him. Not going to explain away bad behavior - like many of you want to do....just done with this iu guy.

Wow, way to lash back at a fellow Boilermaker because he writes a blog and "tries to be something he's not." That's a thin reason for your contempt.

Mr. Dakich makes one post on this forum and I think the lot of you are starstruck. Get off his nuts and formulate your own opinions. Travis Miller is innocuous and at worse is a bit presumptuous.

Grow a spine, Boilermakers.

It's fine by me you can follow that lug head over at H&R. Thankfully we have Brian here and don't have to waste a second from a second rate hack. One guy gets meetings with Matt and it isn't Travis. There isn't an ounce of useful info from that terrible site. This guy makes Jason Whitlock seem like a Pulitzer candidate.

It's fine by me you can follow that lug head over at H&R. Thankfully we have Brian here and don't have to waste a second from a second rate hack. One guy gets meetings with Matt and it isn't Travis. There isn't an ounce of useful info from that terrible site. This guy makes Jason Whitlock seem like a Pulitzer candidate.
Jason Whitlock who graduated from Ball State and whom I have met is a very intelligent, well spoken man who has won I believe several awards for his writing.

Reactions: dal9
Again many if not all of you are missing the point of this....this is NOT about some Travis miller guy?- and his blog site.

What it is about is that Dakich has on his twitter feed some anti Purdue stuff. That is anti BOILER. THAT is anti US! When he says the following it refers to BOILERS AS IDIOTS - it is plural. IT means that he is calling all or at least a lot of BOILERS idiots - not one guy, but BOILERS plural. Now if you want to tolerate Dakich calling you & your fellow Boilers idiots, fine. I do not tolerate it & will not tolerate it, and am done with him.

"I may fund a Purdue blog site that doesn't have complete idiots on it

"Purdue fans never disappoint ..Give them GREAT NEWS and they twist it..amazing but not surprising"

These are just two examples of the negativism about Boilers fans on his twitter feed. He clearly is talking about more than one guy. I do not understand why this needed such explaining. It is not only some Miler guy Dakich is slapping in the face here, it is a lot of BOILERS plural.

Thus, I will no longer listen to or follow him...I am done with him. If you wish to tolerate statements that are clearly anti Purdue, then fine do so. I will stick up for everything Purdue and BOILER land everywhere, and boycott him. Not going to explain away bad behavior - like many of you want to do....just done with this iu guy.

You sore from stretching here?

He's calling Hammer and Rails and its contributors idiots. He might even be stretching and calling it's loyal readers idiots. Have you read that rag? IF you have, you'd have no other choice than agree with Dakich.

eqpBVrZ.jpg

I don't have an issue with H&R. It is what it is and nothing more. I don't read it very often, but when I do it's for entertainments sake, not to get my daily dose of insightful news reporting. Kind of like reading Peegs....it's all entertainment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT