Dakich is a genius!

boilerzz

All-American
Jul 5, 2002
West Chester, OH
www.marchfirstbrewing.com
He knew it all along.

giphy.gif

Dakich is a pretty smart guy and has been pretty successful with his show and announcing gigs. I think he's pretty fair and says it like it is. He criticizes just about anyone and speaks his mind. I respect that. If I agreed with him all the time, I wouldn't listen to his show ever. That would be boring radio.

Reactions: heytherehoodoo
Dakich is a pretty smart guy and has been pretty successful with his show and announcing gigs. I think he's pretty fair and says it like it is. He criticizes just about anyone and speaks his mind. I respect that. If I agreed with him all the time, I wouldn't listen to his show ever. That would be boring radio.

He's a successful entertainer who knows a hell of a lot about basketball. Getting people all worked up is part of his shtick.

Reactions: heytherehoodoo
He's a successful entertainer who knows a hell of a lot about basketball. Getting people all worked up is part of his shtick.
Exactly, he's a sports entertainer, like almost all of ESPN's employees. He's not a journalist, he's not a reporter, he's not an insider. He's a guy with a lot of basketball knowledge who's job it is to get ratings by any means. This, along with his ESPN background allow him an certain level of extra access. But it does not give him any extra level of credibility. He got this one right. Which is great for many of us here, but he wasn't the first to get this one right. He didn't even break the story.

He's ranting about Kelvin Sampson and Ronnie Johnson right now. Don't get it.

He could be talking a lot about the process and how he heard about Swanigan...but this rant is just too much.

Idiot . . . I think not; entertainer and willing to state an opinion (even if we don't care for it) . . . I think so.

Glad DD was correct.

Go Boilers; Go Biggie . . . Play hard and know your role.

Idiot . . . I think not; entertainer and willing to state an opinion (even if we don't care for it) . . . I think so.

Glad DD was correct.

Go Boilers; Go Biggie . . . Play hard and know your role.

I think its safe to say it was more than his opinion. He had to have heard it from an inside source to be so confident.

Reactions: jadeezra
I think its safe to say it was more than his opinion. He had to have heard it from an inside source to be so confident.
For all we will ever know, his source could have been Brian. Especially if you believe that was actually him posting here as a premium member. hah.

Yeah, but at least we know Brian has sources as he's been following this kid as long as Purdue has haha. and been reporting the whole time.

Right...and im not trying to fight you here per se...

But for Dakich to be THAT adamant about it for like the past 10 days...he had to have known the scoop. He's not really the type to make statements like that and then CONTINUOUSLY defend them on air for weeks+

Right...and im not trying to fight you here per se...

But for Dakich to be THAT adamant about it for like the past 10 days...he had to have known the scoop. He's not really the type to make statements like that and then CONTINUOUSLY defend them on air for weeks+
True, I'm not saying he didn't know the same thing that Brian was saying, I was just throwing out some of the things that go on. What am saying is that everyone who wants to start patting him on the back need to realize that he had nothing to do with this story developing other than calling someone up, getting the answer and reporting it as fact. He didn't track down the story, break the story, or even care about the story until it blew up into ratings for him. If he has such great sources that he could call someone up and get the facts 100% so easily, why didn't he do it before he was scooped by everyone, ohhh that's right, he's not a journalist. He's a ratings monger. That's all I'm saying. I'm not fighting you either.

I hope he is because DD stated that he thought Ryan Cline should be a McDonalds AA!

He knew it all along.

giphy.gif

"Even a blind squirrel ..."

IU Star exclusive: "Dakich finds his needle" Film at 11:00 Exclusive haystack interview, can't miss. Dan isn't a bad guy, not too pro IU/anti-Purdue, just talks a little too loosely at times. Thank the Purdue Gods he happened to get this one right. Here's to you Dan Dakich, this Bud's for you. Purdue is going to level IU again this season, in Bloomington, no less. Don't miss it for the world. Welcome aboard Caleb Swanigan!

Go Boilers!!!

Reactions: Frankie611
True, I'm not saying he didn't know the same thing that Brian was saying, I was just throwing out some of the things that go on. What am saying is that everyone who wants to start patting him on the back need to realize that he had nothing to do with this story developing other than calling someone up, getting the answer and reporting it as fact. He didn't track down the story, break the story, or even care about the story until it blew up into ratings for him. If he has such great sources that he could call someone up and get the facts 100% so easily, why didn't he do it before he was scooped by everyone, ohhh that's right, he's not a journalist. He's a ratings monger. That's all I'm saying. I'm not fighting you either.

You're good...not taking it that way at all.

Question though....he was the first to call it publicly...and said multiple times over that 10 days to ignore the rumors involving CAL and Cal....that it was happening...just a question of when it would be made public.

It sounds that a decision HAD been made for Purdue (this is from Barnes) when the decommit was made known to the public/MSU. Dakich found this out and told the world. I think this is the definition of scooping a story. Brian couldn't scoop it (i.e. Make it public outside hints of it on the pay board) I feel because of his source and his position so close to Purdue. Maybe he intentionally leaked it to an IU guy to make him look like he was not the party involved....but DD was the one that publicly scooped it. If you look at the situation....a top 10-15 player committing to a school that hasn't gotten one in over 20 years....if he wasn't 100% confident he was going out on QUITE the limb. He knew.

Glad DD was correct.

I posted the original "Dan Dakich is an Idiot" post. Posted not because DD was right or wrong about CS......but posted it because he had a couple items on his twitter feed directly or indirectly referring to Boiler Fans as "Idiots". The post was never about him being right or wrong about CS; I just was not going to tolerate the stuff about Boilers, no matter who they were, he tweeted or re-tweeted. Some people got that........others never did.

Reactions: boilerdan_45
Too much credit to an eye-ewe product.

Alan Karpick stated on WLFI-TV that Purdue was the leader in the clubhouse on the same night Swanigan dumped MSU.

You guys think I'd actually give my source..understand I don't use sources close to the situation..I use the people involved.. As I said if me/Seth Greenberg wanted to we would break every story..I only break the ones that I get tired of..Zeller to IU and this one..

You guys think I'd actually give my source..understand I don't use sources close to the situation..I use the people involved.. As I said if me/Seth Greenberg wanted to we would break every story..I only break the ones that I get tired of..Zeller to IU and this one..[/QUOT

And where would you be today had a man you now hate not plucked your sorry ass out of the region ghetto. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. You may need it to lift your finger to pick your nose and scratch your bald head....though the plugs are starting to grow in. You never did answer my question about Nover.

Caleb is a Boiler. Drama over. It would seem Dan is giving 1070 a national presence these days. That deserves a raise from his employer.

I truly feel he has a lot of respect for the head coach at Purdue. For that he can have my ear during the lunch hour.

Just where was the Cal lady getting her info. Bernie from St Louis???

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
I think her source was in a bottle, washed up on shore. I like how you said the Cal lady. That could be a new word Callady. It would mean wishfully made-up or fabricated.

I'm still upset about him saying Bryson Scott was the best point guard in the state of Indiana as a senior in high school, and he made the statement the best PG in the state including the High School and College level. When he said that I immediately called my IU loving friend and talked all sorts of crap to him. If that statement happened to be true, I would have tickets and whatever I needed for our Final Four appearance this coming season. Damn you Dakich!

Caleb is a Boiler. Drama over. It would seem Dan is giving 1070 a national presence these days. That deserves a raise from his employer.

I truly feel he has a lot of respect for the head coach at Purdue. For that he can have my ear during the lunch hour.

Just where was the Cal lady getting her info. Bernie from St Louis???

She read all of the media chatter and made up her own source.

Whatever happened to that Krispy character who told us that the Cal basketball poster was bad news for Purdue?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT