ADVERTISEMENT

curious what boiler fans think Hammons will do?

IUfamily

Sophomore
Sep 25, 2002
I have not heard or seen much on what Hammons may do. I like it when Pu and Iu are both good and have those good old dog fight games.
The longer he waits makes me think he will jump to the nba. From the outside looking in I guess I could argue either for him to stay or go. If Hass makes a really good of season improvement I could actually see hammoms hurting himself coming back. I don't see painter playing both bigs much together. Hope he makes the best decision for himself Pu will be fine with or without him.

It is totally dependent with his willingness to not having a guaranteed contract or playing in Europe/D League. Most athletes in his shoes would stay, but no one knows the attributes he is using to weigh his decision. He has a unique personality so no one really knows - but the sound risk-free business decision would be to stay for a year and demonstrate a full season of dominant performance.

This post was edited on 4/16 10:48 AM by abastnag

I have thought about this every day since the season ended and I just don't know what A.J. will do.Your guess is as good as mine.I always like to see IU fans post here with good questions like yours.

I think he will stay.

images

Unless his draft stock goes way up in the immediate future, it would be a better business decision for him to return. I do not think he is close to a guaranteed contract on most boards currently.

Agree, only the first round is a guaranteed contract, 2nd round has no structure and you could sign and many do for the NBA minimum around $500,000 but unless you get a serious signing bonus and don't make the team you could end up in the D League or overseas!

Originally posted by IUfamily:
I have not heard or seen much on what Hammons may do. I like it when Pu and Iu are both good and have those good old dog fight games.
The longer he waits makes me think he will jump to the nba. From the outside looking in I guess I could argue either for him to stay or go. If Hass makes a really good of season improvement I could actually see hammoms hurting himself coming back. I don't see painter playing both bigs much together. Hope he makes the best decision for himself Pu will be fine with or without him.
Was told this past weekend that he stays at Purdue for his final season. I'll wager that the info shared with me is totally accurate and that he comes back bigger, stronger, and with a better handle. And maybe a bit more aggressive. Count on it.

Twin if he comes back quicker, with better handles and developed a decent jumper, his stock will rise.
Not to mention he could play some 4 with Haas at the 5. VE at the 3, Davis, Mathias and Stephens at the 2.
Powerful lineup. At least for stretches.

Originally posted by TwinDegrees2:

Was told this past weekend that he stays at Purdue for his final season. I'll wager that the info shared with me is totally accurate and that he comes back bigger, stronger, and with a better handle. And maybe a bit more aggressive. Count on it.
Man, your post makes me nervous. These type of comments seem to always go south for some reason. I really hope your info is correct.

Originally posted by PU pit bull:

Man, your post makes me nervous. These type of comments seem to always go south for some reason. I really hope your info is correct.
Pit, it came from someone with ties to the program. I'll be shocked if he goes pro. Ab so lute ly shocked.

I say he returns..............

I also disagree with you and that with a healthy Taylor we will see more of Haas and Hammons together with AJH moving to the 4 spot and Edwards to the 3 spot for short stretches during games depending on the situation.

Boiler Up!

Originally posted by PU52Chevy:
I say he returns..............

I also disagree with you and that with a healthy Taylor we will see more of Haas and Hammons together with AJH moving to the 4 spot and Edwards to the 3 spot for short stretches during games depending on the situation.

Boiler Up!
I posed the same question a while ago and someone brought up a good point, we probably will never or very rarely see Haas/AJH on the court at the same time unless he gets a bit more quicker and develops a longer range shot.

Last I saw anything about AJ was they were waiting on his "scouting report" or whatever it is they have done and were expecting it any day. The article insinuated that he was looking to see if it was a guaranteed contract situation (which we know would likely not be the case). However, there was no definitive quote about that, just insinuation.

I'd lean on him staying, although wouldn't be surprised to see him go. I think the question at this point is what his ceiling is in the draft in general. You could make the argument that even if he plays next year like the Big Ten season this year, he may still not be a first round pick.

Maybe Hammons and family can pull up an extra table at Ruth's Chris next to the Ferrell's and do a joint announcement the day before the declaration deadline!

Originally posted by Statey:
Maybe Hammons and family can pull up an extra table at Ruth's Chris next to the Ferrell's and do a joint announcement the day before the declaration deadline!
I'm guessing AJ and his family have a bit more class than to do that.

Leave that to Lil' Wayne and his media seeking mama...Doc Lib's.

Originally posted by Statey:
I'm guessing AJ and his family have a bit more class than to do that.

Leave that to Lil' Wayne and his media seeking mama...Doc Lib's.
It's not hard to figure out where Yogi got his need for attention. Reading through his mom's twitter account left me smh throughout.

I have no "insider info" JMHO: The longer this drags on, the more likely he is to leave. He has had his NBA feedback for several days now. It advised him to stay in school, but he has not announced that decision yet. Why is that? Because he is looking for a reason, or more information, that says he should leave.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Just an FYI, although there is no requirement that 2nd round contracts be guaranteed, about 80% of them are.

Originally posted by purduepete87:
Because he is looking for a reason, or more information, that says he should leave.
And you have no way of knowing that. Seriously some of you can only see the negative things. He announced about this time last year I believe so he is on par with that. Each draft is different so you take the time to make the right decision and not the debbie downer stuff you mentioned.

Per the NBA regarding the 2nd Round Selections:

"The next 30 picks, read by NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver, are in a far more precarious position. The collective bargaining agreement does not force teams to offer guaranteed money to second-round picks. While some at the top of the round are given partial guarantees, the remainder are living year-to-year or even week-to-week. They're in a constant state of proving themselves, being one questionable summer league game from seeing it all slip away."

Kessel, do you know what JMHO means? "Just my humble opinion." I never claimed to have any info, it was my OPINION. No one on this board knows for sure. AJ himself may not know yet. Using your logic, no one could reply to this thread.

I would guess he'll stay. Last year he seemed in a "on the fence" position. This past season, he improved and became even more efficient. But mock NBA draft boards suggest the competition is harder this year. Most NBA players drafted late in the second round or picked up in free agency don't spend long in the NBA. A single year in the NBA making league minimum, after paying agent fees and top-bracket taxes, isn't going to make anyone rich. However, he has the skill to secure a contract that should set himself up financially for life, if he plays his cards right and takes the same approach to improvement he took last year. Gut feeling - he stays because it's the smarter business decision. And Tom Crean said so.

The last report said they were waiting on an evaluation and should get it back any day now. That was just a few days ago.

With all of the underclassmen declaring at the PF & C positions, I would recommend (and think he will) stay. Continue improving and get ready for next year.

The second contract is the one that sets you up for life if there is such a thing since most athletes go bankrupt. Greg Oden was a top pick and he wasn't "set for life" by any metric you choose.

You're not the guy who had a signature of Tyler Zeller that said "THE LOCK" were you?

I have no "insider info" JMHO: The longer this drags on, the more likely he is to leave. He has had his NBA feedback for several days now. It advised him to stay in school, but he has not announced that decision yet. Why is that? Because he is looking for a reason, or more information, that says he should leave.
Why, if he's staying does he need to announce that? Most players only tell us when they're leaving. I think he stays.

Kessel, do you know what JMHO means? "Just my humble opinion." I never claimed to have any info, it was my OPINION. No one on this board knows for sure. AJ himself may not know yet. Using your logic, no one could reply to this thread.
Posted from Rivals Moble

Remember that time Kessel posted a thought or opinion about the program? Me either. All he does is troll looking for someone to attack because he doesn't like the message.

However, my gut for some reason tells me he stays for his Sr year. I have no idea why. Can't really put a finger on it.....but I predict he stays. JMHO. Fingers crossed.

Originally posted by boiler-deuce:

Posted from Rivals Moble

Remember that time Kessel posted a thought or opinion about the program? Me either. All he does is troll looking for someone to attack because he doesn't like the message.

However, my gut for some reason tells me he stays for his Sr year. I have no idea why. Can't really put a finger on it.....but I predict he stays. JMHO. Fingers crossed.
This. Kessel is just looking for a fight. Best to ignore him.

I think AJH comes back and has a really nice year. If CMP can add a PG, this team should improve from last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT