ADVERTISEMENT

Cronk

boilerpt

All-American
May 2, 2003
Put me down as one that will be extremely disappointed in our staff if this Cronk kid ends up at IU and has any kind of career. We haven't come close to showing that we have quality or depth on the OL, and we have a kid with Big Ten and SEC offers in our backyard that we are apparently showing very little interest in. Is his neighborhood not in "the state of Purdue?"

Have you ever thought that the staff reached out to him, spoke to him, and he expressed zero interest in coming to Purdue? There are more reasons as to why a young man doesn't want to come to Purdue other than Hazell has no idea what he is doing (according to some).

And actually, the offensive line is supposed to be a strength this season with a couple younger guys who appear to be good prospects.

O line is a big strength of ours and we got a some good ones already. We are in on another good one right now from a pipeline we are trying to build. I'm all for it.

Put me down as one that will be extremely disappointed in our staff if this Cronk kid ends up at IU and has any kind of career. We haven't come close to showing that we have quality or depth on the OL, and we have a kid with Big Ten and SEC offers in our backyard that we are apparently showing very little interest in. Is his neighborhood not in "the state of Purdue?"

Hey boilerpt, I was curious of that same question when reading about Crunk. Why has PU not offered? The response I read could be true & it made wonder about the HS(s) surrounding PU (WL). Are the students in that surrounding area mostly PU fans? I have no idea, but I always assumed it would be an 80-20 type percent in favor of PU. Is that accurate? Or is my assumption off?

The answer is simple. He worked out for Purdue's coaches and they didn't see enough between that and from his tape to be offered. With limited scholarships to offer this season, they felt other OL were better for the program.

The answer is simple. He worked out for Purdue's coaches and they didn't see enough between that and from his tape to be offered. With limited scholarships to offer this season, they felt other OL were better for the program.

I don't think he ever made it to camp

ADVERTISEMENT