ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations

Dec 12, 2011
Long time lurker, first time poster. Graduated Purdue in 97, born and raised in Bloomington. I have always been an IU fan but follow Purdue basketball. Congratulations on getting CS, I feel Purdue has been underrated forever but this year it will be hard for the pundits to keep you out of the rankings. I wish IU would have gotten CS but it wasn't in the cards, I have a sinking feeling you guys just sealed the deal on an IU loss at Bloomington this year. I work with several Purdue fans who love to harass me about being an IU fan so this could be a tough year. Congratulations again and I'm glad we only play once this year.

Thanks for your comments.I always appreciate well thought out posts like yours.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Graduated Purdue in 97, born and raised in Bloomington. I have always been an IU fan but follow Purdue basketball. Congratulations on getting CS, I feel Purdue has been underrated forever but this year it will be hard for the pundits to keep you out of the rankings. I wish IU would have gotten CS but it wasn't in the cards, I have a sinking feeling you guys just sealed the deal on an IU loss at Bloomington this year. I work with several Purdue fans who love to harass me about being an IU fan so this could be a tough year. Congratulations again and I'm glad we only play once this year.
Thanks for the post. I find your position interesting. I was born and raised in South Bend. Was a HUGE nd fan as a kid. Mother even worked for nd. First day on campus at Purdue I tossed all my nd gear and never looked back. Love to cheer against nd every chance I get now. I guess we are all a little different.

Thanks for the post. I find your position interesting. I was born and raised in South Bend. Was a HUGE nd fan as a kid. Mother even worked for nd. First day on campus at Purdue I tossed all my nd gear and never looked back. Love to cheer against nd every chance I get now. I guess we are all a little different.

I was the same way, growing up in SB. In high school I was both an ND and Purdue fan, but after I moved into Tarkington on the first day of my freshman year, it was all Purdue.

Nothing against IU, but I would be totally baffled with Caleb going to IU for a variety of reasons. It would nto be right for a variety of reasons. I can see IU getting their share of 2's and 3's though...and quick agile 4's. I doubt IU was ever a consideration due to Rosie AND his playing style.

I get it. I have degrees from IU and Purdue and my wife works at ND. The only program out of they 3 I truly detest is IU bball. Probably because of Knight and Crean. I didn't mind them so much during the Davis era.

Hey Pit, how many ND ballers do you think are really "Catholic"? I find it interesting how so many of our fellow parishioners are automatically ND fans solely because it's a Catholic school. But then some of us Catholics know the truth about those recruited to play there, right? It makes no difference on the court/field-of-play but their holier than thou fans are a tad hypocritical imo. Just sayin'.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Easy on the Catholic bashing dude............
I know your post was tic, but I'm Catholic too. More Catholics attend Purdue than nd and more Purdue students regular attend Catholic church. Being very close to nd, its students, and its faculty, it is a little embarrassing for Catholicism to be associated with a lot of nd's messes.

" I know your post was tic, but I'm Catholic too. More Catholics attend Purdue than nd and more Purdue students regular attend Catholic church. Being very close to nd, its students, and its faculty, it is a little embarrassing for Catholicism to be associated with a lot of nd's messes."

He was responding to a UK troll (i'd like to say something worse than that), who was making disparaging comments about the Catholic Church which the moderator quickly and rightfully deleted...

Reactions: PU pit bull
I think armywildcat81? response was deleted before many of you responded. I'm a Catholic and did not appreciate his "pedophile religion" remark.....hence my reply.

I know what you mean Schnelk!

Reactions: Bully4OldPurdue
Hey Pit, how many ND ballers do you think are really "Catholic"? I find it interesting how so many of our fellow parishioners are automatically ND fans solely because it's a Catholic school. But then some of us Catholics know the truth about those recruited to play there, right? It makes no difference on the court/field-of-play but their holier than thou fans are a tad hypocritical imo. Just sayin'.
Fellow anti-ND Catholic here. I mean nd is probably the most prominent Catholic college, sports wise, in the country. So it's pretty easy to see why some latch on to them. Let's just be thankful there aren't a lot of REAL Catholics running around, what boring country this would be!

Easy on the Catholic bashing dude............

What Catholic bashing? I'm Catholic and live in South Bend and we all despise ND. It has nothing to do with being
Catholic and everything to do with being arrogant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT